1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will be our next " godsend " ???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by funkdat, Dec 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Went back and watch all the PS games and the 1st Jets game to get a better look at Donald Thomas play.

Remembering that Bill Parcells said Donald was a " godsend " i wanted to go back and watch the old games one more time.The few times Jenkins and Thomas were one on one, every single time Jenkins was stop dead in his tracks or was being pushed back by Thomas.

It's very clear to see that if the draft was held today, Donald would have been a top 40 pick.This just go's to show it doesn't matter where you are picking in the draft,as much as who is doing the picking.

So with that said if we don't get a Center in FA or with are 1st pick who do you all think could be are next "godsend" to come in and play center for us?

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    It was interesting after the game that a veteran like Jenkins, when asked about Jake Long and what he thought, immediately said that he'd not seen much of Long - obviously - but that Thomas was going to play in a lot of Pro Bowls. Mike Turkovich of Notre Dame could be a RT at the next level but could move back to his old LG spot. Two guards I like are Trevor Canfield of Cincy and Andy Levitre of Oregon State. And there's two guards at Wisconsin who I'm really looking forward to getting a second look at and that's Urbik and Kemp.

3. jim1

jim1 New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    I'm impresed with Antoine Caldwell- good strength at the point of attack and some of the best feet/quickness I've ever seen on a Center. As I've mentioned before I watched his feet and thought of a Tackle, D'Brickashaw Ferguson. It will be interesting to see on Sunday if Satele can hang with Kris Jenkins- I doubt it. I'm still a big fan of Alex Mack, although he is much more of a plodder that Caldwell. But he brings power and force (and intangibles) at the LOS and I think that he could be the missing link in terms of having a great OL assuming Thomas/Smiley come back fully and Carey is resigned. If Carey is allowed to walk then we could use another OT- if Britton came out and slipped (doubtful) he would be awfully tempting.

4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    To name names on this thread:

Cornelius Butler from UConn...

Generally speaking?

A safety, later in the draft.

5. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Im still holding out hope for Dan Marino Jr. :)