Who Do you Want at 36 and 50 Now?
29 replies
We’ve got 24 hours to pound the table on who we want at 36 and 50. What are you thinking we need after adding Waddle and Phillips ?
Some of the top names remaining;
OL - Jenkins, Cosmi, Humphrey, Dickerson, Radunz, Eichenberg
CB/Safety - Samuels Jr, Moehrig, Campbell, Holland
WR - Marshall, Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown
DT -Barmore
Edge- Ojulari, Perkins, Basham Jr, Ossai.
LB- Bolton, Owusu-Komoroah, Cox
RB - Javonte Williams
I predicted pre draft we could get a good O lineman at 36 and that remains true.
But It would be tempting to double down on Edge if Ojulari is sitting there.
Also I like the idea of Samuels Jr....Think he would be a great convert to safety in our defense.
Javonte Williams probably have to trade up to 36 but if they wait and miss him then pick Bolton or Pete Werner and Michael Carter at 50, unless Cushenberry falls to 50 and then yeah, do that.
Jenkins, Humphrey, or Williams I will be happy
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
Hopefully Williams is available at 36. If he’s gone, take Bolton or JOK, and then the best OL at 50.
I just cant understand a defensive minded coach that doesnt want to get a real run game. It literally goes against everything defensive coaches do.

"Pennington's Limp Arm wrote:
We’ve got 24 hours to pound the table on who we want at 36 and 50. What are you thinking we need after adding Waddle and Phillips ?
Some of the top names remaining;
OL - Jenkins, Cosmi, Humphrey, Dickerson, Radunz, Eichenberg
CB/Safety - Samuels Jr, Moehrig, Campbell, Holland
WR - Marshall, Elijah Moore, Dyami Brown
DT -Barmore
Edge- Ojulari, Perkins, Basham Jr, Ossai.
LB- Bolton, Owusu-Komoroah, Cox
RB - Javonte WilliamsI predicted pre draft we could get a good O lineman at 36 and that remains true.
But It would be tempting to double down on Edge if Ojulari is sitting there.
Also I like the idea of Samuels Jr....Think he would be a great convert to safety in our defense.
Tell me which of those players have an injury history.... and then I can tell you who Miami has on their draft board. :couch:
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
I would still like to see another playmaker but OT should happen, then S or LB. Maybe Carter or Herbert at 81.
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
Tell me which of those players have an injury history.... and then I can tell you who Miami has on their draft board. :couch:
Dickerson for sure
I´m greedy now, I want Elijah Moore
Please get J. Williams at 36 hope he's still there when we pick. Hope the Dolphins turn things up now, the 1st round felt really underwhelming for me...
36 S Moehrig or LB Owusu / 50 RB Carter or C Dickerson or Meinerz
also OK: OT Jenkins, DT Barmore
If we get Javonte Williams, then I'll be happy, and will be interested in seeing what happens at #50, which could go any number of ways.
If we miss out on him, or worse, pass on him should he be there at 36, then its going to be hard to stomach watching the rest of today, and I absolutely won't watch Saturday.
OL- Jenkins, Meinerz or Humphrey
Edge- Basham
WR- Marshall JR since we don’t have WR’s that stay healthy
RB- Williams if available at 50. If not, go for Gainwell or Carter at 81
"FishOutOfWater wrote:
Hopefully Williams is available at 36. If he’s gone, take Bolton or JOK, and then the best OL at 50.
This. Williams would be the guy if he's not there then my 2nd choice at 36 would be Joker. Then grab the best Center on the board. Dickerson maybe?
Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.
My dark horse is Walker Little OT. He'd be a sneaky get if his pro day went well, a possible steal
"Striking wrote:
My dark horse is Walker Little OT. He'd be a sneaky get if his pro day went well, a possible steal
I know this is completely irrational but I still have a bad taste in my mouth for Stanford OT’s after the s**t show that was Jonathan Martin.
A few ways to go starting the 2nd round-
The obvious consensus would be to grab RB Williams out of NC. Tough, bruising back that gives a little of everything...some had him the #1 back in the class (not me, but he's definitely in that top-tier conversation).
I could see us doubling down at edge by picking Ronnie Perkins. Another solid run-stuffer with a big motor and relentless pursuit. Basham would be another name that could fall into this slot. Few good LB prospects in this range as well.
We could also go line here but I don't think there's a BPA that naturally fits. It's okay to overpay if there's someone you're in love with in the 2nd round (maybe Jenkins or Dickerson- both fit that bruiser mold. Could be Humphrey as well but I think he's there at 50).
Finally, I'd love to see us draft Kyle Trask to backup Tua with the 2nd pick. He could possibly be a day-one starter, but for me it's the long-term potential since he's improved so much the past few seasons. Lock him in for 4 years if there's not any other names that wow us at #50.
What I don't want to see in R2- CB, WR, DT
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
I won't be upset with Williams, obviously, but where it comes, I'm looking for us to land a stud IOL this draft - possibly two, if they fall.
After that BPA.
Safety looks like a challenge to find.
There are a few decent LB's.
We've taken on some risk with Phillips, and I understand why. Let's try to land as many solid prospects as we can now.
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
Ignoring positional need.
Id say Asante Samuels, Ojulari, E. Moore and Dickerson (risky!) are the highest upside talents on the board.
But some of those O lineman look like good safe picks too. Gut feeling says they go that way and play it safe at 36.
"KeyFin wrote:
A few ways to go starting the 2nd round-
The obvious consensus would be to grab RB Williams out of NC. Tough, bruising back that gives a little of everything...some had him the #1 back in the class (not me, but he's definitely in that top-tier conversation).
I could see us doubling down at edge by picking Ronnie Perkins. Another solid run-stuffer with a big motor and relentless pursuit. Basham would be another name that could fall into this slot. Few good LB prospects in this range as well.
We could also go line here but I don't think there's a BPA that naturally fits. It's okay to overpay if there's someone you're in love with in the 2nd round (maybe Jenkins or Dickerson- both fit that bruiser mold. Could be Humphrey as well but I think he's there at 50).
Finally, I'd love to see us draft Kyle Trask to backup Tua with the 2nd pick. He could possibly be a day-one starter, but for me it's the long-term potential since he's improved so much the past few seasons. Lock him in for 4 years if there's not any other names that wow us at #50.
What I don't want to see in R2- CB, WR, DT
I like Basham too and he has the size/frame to play DE
For those banging the table for E. Moore, question; doesn't the Waddle pick essentially negate the need for a slot WR? Or, is Waddle expected to play more on the outside?
http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg
"mlb1399 wrote:
I know this is completely irrational but I still have a bad taste in my mouth for Stanford OT’s after the s**t show that was Jonathan Martin.
Have no fear, this is a different management team, they will make the right calls
J. Williams!!
I want us to take a hard look on Dylan Moses