1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Trojans LB would you draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by MrClean, Apr 2, 2009.

Tags:

Which Trojans LB would you draft?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2009.
  1. Rey

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Brian

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Clay

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

If all 3 of the USC backers where on the board when we pick at 25 and you had to pick one, which one would it be? For me it would be Cushing.

2. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Rey Rey..

3. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Rey Rey, Cushing and Matthews are the same player to me, they both got large and did so quickly, I'm not sure how healthy either one will be in the NFL.

4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Woops I blew it.

Mods, can you change my vote to Cushing please....thanks :up:

Hope I don't screw that up when it matters...like the Phinsfools tourney :up:

5. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I voted Matthews.

Rey may be the best out of all of them, but he's reckless and too immature for my tastes. We're trying to build a team, and I'm not sure I'd want his attitude on the team ... it could poison the well, so to speak.

Cushing is probably the best of the two outside linebackers, but he can't seem to stay healthy. I want a guy I know is going to contribute if I'm drafting in the first round.

With Matthews, he's a fiery guy, and comes from a terrific NFL pedigree. He's worked his butt off and I expect him to continue to do that in the NFL. He may have a lower ceiling, perhaps, than the other two guys, but his bust potential is much, much lower than the other two, at least to me.

B.Sebo likes this.
  6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    If I really had to pick, I would say Cushing. I know we need to upgrade MLB, but I think Cushing is the better player.

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Rey, the classic Middle enforcer we need.

8. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    More Cushing for the pushing!

9. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well according to rotoworld there's a rumor that Clay and Brian both tested positive for steroids.. weird, as I would've thought Rey would have been the one to fail there..

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=141999

10. MrClean

Until we see this info from a more credible source than nfldraftbible.com IMO we should take it with a grain of salt.

11. MrClean

The nice thing about Cushing is he could play anywhere in either scheme. He could be a ILB as well as an OLB for us if we draft him.

12. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    oh most certainly, but I thought I'd throw it out there since I just saw it.

13. MrClean

This info is over on FH and in the Club Level and most of the reactions are as if the news came off the AP wire. IMO, it's as likely misinformation put out by a team or teams that would like these players to fall to them.

14. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    We have a hole in the middle next to Crowder. Cushing and Rey have the most talent and Rey is the only one who can stay healthy. I will take Rey

15. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Now I change my answer to the one who wasn't caught juicing :chuckle:

ckparrothead likes this.
  16. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    In light of the recent reports on all of them, I'd have to say pass, completely.

ToddsPhins and The Aqua Crush like this.
  17. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Give me larry English over any one of them

18. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    Whichever was the steroid dealer, that's my vote.

19. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Exactly!! Larry hasn't been caught yet. LOL. Then again, neither has Barwin, Michael Johnson, or Orakpo. Yes, I said it.

I don't know how Gholston passed his test last year. :dunno: I think he's soooo big that he had a little midget hiding under his empty sack who peed for him. :lol:

20. MrClean

Or Maybin. Everyone picking on poor Clay over 30 lbs in 4 years, well Maybin gained 15 lbs in a month and still looked ripped.

I put this poll on finheaven and Cushing got no love over there. It was about even for Rey and Clay with Cush far behind. Funny btw that I can utter the term 'finheaven' here and no one goes ape**** but if I even refer to thephins over there, not even mention the url or by name, the post will be gone within minutes. :sidelol: