1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which teams would be interested in trading for JT?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finole, May 21, 2008.

1. Finole

Finole Season Ticket Holder

Dec 5, 2007
    Indianapolis - Makes a lot of sense. It's Tony Dungy's last year. JT would definitely take their defense to another level.

Seattle - Also makes a lot of sense. It's Mike Holmgren's last year. Both Seattle and Indy are going to be making a big push for the Super Bowl this season.

Pittsburgh - Definitely a contender. They don't necessarily need JT, but they would be a better team with him on their roster. The Steelers drafted JT's twin from UCLA - Bruce Davis. They also have youngsters like LaMarr Woodley and Lawrence Timmons. All three of those guys would benefit greatly from having an All-Pro like JT to watch and learn from.

Cleveland - Definitely a team on the verge. They added a lot of the pieces this offseason, but they still need an elite pass rusher.

Green Bay - Goodbye Brett Favre. Hello JT. Fills the (star player) void left by Favre. Line up JT opposite of Kampman and you've got a NY Giants type of pass rush.

Tampa Bay - Not the strongest contender if you ask me. But JT would get to stay in FL. Gaines Adams and JT would definitely make some noise.

Tennessee - They made the playoffs last year. Signed Jevon Kearse. And they drafted Jason Jones in the 2nd round. What that tells us is they're looking for a pass rusher. Kyle Vanden Bosch and JT would be another potentially great pairing.

Dallas - They don't need JT. Don't see him ending up there.

San Diego - Same as Dallas. Too many other teams would be willing to give us a higher draft pick than the Chargers or the Cowboys.

Washington - Made the playoffs last year. But a new coach means instability. I don't quite see the Redskins as being what JT has in mind when his agent talks about him going to a contender. Same goes for New Orleans and Arizona.

NY Giants - Keep an eye on the Strahan situation...

Jacksonville - Prior to the draft, Jacksonville was the most likely landing spot for JT. Talk about a team on the verge. But now I don't see it happening. Although you never know. As good as Derrick Harvey and Quentin Groves are, they are still rookies.

New England - Despite some recent negative fan sentiment on this board, I'm gonna stand by JT. He will follow in Zach's footsteps and decline any offers from the Pats. No way he plays for them. Ever.

Regan21286 likes this.
  2. Regan21286

Regan21286 MCAT's, EMT's, AMCAS, ugh

Dec 3, 2007
    UCLA, CA
    Bruce Davis would benefit greatly from having his favorite player on the team. They'd be the perfect deal. JT goes to a contender while helping their youth develop and we get some average players or picks. I wouldn't doubt Indy would make a big push for JT. They need a DE and Manning's very aware of JT. Those two are my frontrunners.

3. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Don't care where he goes, just get him GONE and lets move on. Sick of hearing about players that want this or that, JT who?

4. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    As long as he's out of the AFC East I guess I'm fine with wherever he goes.

5. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    The Dolphins had their chance to trade him to Jacksonville and they passed. The Jaguars with Harvey and Groves arn't going to give up a draft pick for Taylor.

As for the Patriots, I don't see Miami making a deal with them after how the Welker deal turned out and finally...

The Giants don't need him no matter what Strahan decides to do. He wants to play, but he wants to make $8 million. He made $4 in '07. The Giants have counterd with a $6 million offer. If he decides to retire they still have Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka who they could back to DE.

6. MelbournePhin

MelbournePhin New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    melbourne,fl
    somebody will pony up by october

7. Lab3003

Lab3003 Golden era

Nov 23, 2007
    Bal Harbour, FL
    I'm shocked the Colts haven't made an offer. It would put them over the top.

8. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Hell I'd throw in Minny in there also. Pay JT a 1 year contract to create one of the greatest front 4 in a very long time.

9. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    If JT goes to the Pats I'll hate him forever. Anywhere else, and I'm sure eventually I'll be able to remember him fondly.

10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I wouldn't expect them to go after JT. They already have a big contract with Freeney and I am not sure if Mathis is already locked up or is suppose to be in a year or two.

I think the teams that go after JT are the following:

Tampa Bay
    Washington
    Green Bay.

My take on it.

11. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    If Indianapolis lined up with Freeney coming off one end and Taylor on the other I'd fear for the life of any NFL Quarterback. Then again, wouldn't it be awesome to see them swallow up Tom Brady 10 times combined when they face the Pats in Indy and then later on in the postseason (hopefully)? :up:

12. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I'd send him to San Diego, San Francisco or Oakland so he can be with the rest of the gay, pot smoking, hippies in Hollywierd since that's where he wants to be.

13. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Nice Idea bro. :wink2:

14. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Ok you were making some sense until you got here...how is NO like Washington ?? They don't have a new coach, are fairly stable and have an up and coming team. In fact, they probably will be without Grant for at least a period of time this coming season, so why not JT to NO ??

As to Arizona, this might make more sense than we give credit for...after all, JT's from Arizona and they just might be coming of age in the NFL. They seem to be on the right track at any rate. They just might be a nice home for JT to ride out the rest of his career, since it's apparent we are good enough here in Miami for him any longer, they have a lot of talent...perhaps they could package Bouldin for JT and some picks ???

15. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Syracuse, New York
    I just hope we can recoup a decent draft pick for him. I'd be very happy if we could get a 2nd for him at this point, but with his public demand for a trade, that lowers our bargaining power.

16. What amazes me is that just a couple of weeks ago Taylor was a god in Dolphins world, today he is being called all sorts of names, branded a traitor, and god knows what else. As much as i despise that man for doing what he does to the Jets, i would kill to have him on the Jets, talented dude with at least 3-4 years left in him. IMO, your defense struggles without him this year, he was the defensive mvp of the league, ON A 1-15 TEAM!!

Your FO is making a mistake the way they are treating him, they are doing exactly what the Jets did to Kendall, and look how that turned out. Wasnt your defense in the top 10 last year? That was because of JT. Trust me, your going to miss him.