1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Spirits/Alcohol Are You Enjoying?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by maynard, Feb 18, 2011.

1. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i thought there might be a demand for a discussion on drinks for sharing what we enjoy to drink and maybe give recommendations :yes:

as for me, i never stray too far from beer, but i go through my phases in drinking. i was on a wine kick for a while...discovering german whites and chilean reds

lately, i have been on a bourbon kick and i really enjoy it. i have found a few that i can enjoy neat

the latest bottle im drinking is Eagle Rare 10 year, single barrel, straight bourbon. very nice got it on sale for 20 bucks

[​IMG]

what about you?

2. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    the holy spirit. amen.

[​IMG]

maynard likes this.
  3. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    If Im drinking hard liquor its Southern Comfort, Johnnie Walker Blue Label or Black Label, Jack and Coke or Grey Goose. Occasionally a shot of Goldschlager or Jagermeister if Im taking care of the 4 horsemen :)
    If its beer, Sam Adams (and all their varieties) is my favorite. Heineken, Killians, Yeungling, Bass, Hoegarden are runner ups.
    If its wine I like white. Dr. L is my favorite Riesling. I only really drink Rieslings, Chardonay, Pinot Grigio etc if its with a dinner.

maynard likes this.
  4. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Gut rot, here i come.

[​IMG]

maynard likes this.
  5. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Natty Light and a handful of anti depressants :up:

jetssuck and maynard like this.
  6. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    a few years ago, i drove around with a handle of tanqueray and bottles of tonic in the trunk of my car for whenever...read all the time lol. then i puked off of it and havent had it since lol. good times

the other day in publix i saw a special release of blue moon. it was in the wine section in a tall bottle. it was over 8% alcohol. might be something cool to treat yourself to

7. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i find that interesting. i pretty much only stay with one type of spirit until im done with it

8. Phinvader Bill

Phinvader Bill The all new Mr. Event

May 1, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    I'm strictly a beer guy, although if someone buys me a shot at a bar, I'll drink it. I like GOOD moonshine too, but only 4 ounces tops in a night, and thats only on occasion.

But, I've been a Bud guy all my life, but recently switched to Bud Light.

maynard likes this.
  9. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    weed.

GISH and maynard like this.
  10. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    im surprised you were able to make the transition :tongue2:

i would love to try some homemade stuff. you can probably get it pretty easy where you live. i have never heard of anyone that makes their own stuff here. home brewing is starting around here just a bit.

11. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    the trick is a slice of pizza and some gatorade before bed. Pizza absorbs the alcohol, gatorade replenishes lost potassium and other minerals. No hangover or nausea. It's a beautiful thing lol

12. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    nice lol. i usually pop a couple of advil before bed for prevention.

13. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Corona and shots of aguardiente

14. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Amstel light or Heineken light - great stuff.. Tonight I tried Dogfish for the first time and IT SUCKED. Hard liquor,its Absolut or Grey goose. Ketel one vodka is great also.

15. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    your palate and mine are exact opposite. i think thats what separates a lot of people. you like the lighter beers and clearer, more "pure" hard stuff.

i happen to love dogfish head lol, steeped in truckload of hops and full of bitterness. and ill sip bourbon warm and on its own after i clean my gas grill with it lol

16. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY

Thats the part I disliked. Too bitter for my taste but I had to try it.