1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which injured player do we miss the most?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Dec 23, 2007.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    ^ yeah passing on Brees for c pep set us back a while

2. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Brown
    Brown
    Thomas
    Brown again.

Ronnie was forcing teams to respect us and making the whole offense better. It opened up the passing game, and he was doing a pretty good job recieving himself. Once he went down there was no question our offense was done.

As for Zach, he was still a playmaker for us, and a defensive leader. He was a general out there, good mind forthe game and his loss is one of the reasons we cant stop the run.

Bell and Green were also some tough losses, but RB and ZT were by far the worst.

3. TeddyGinn7

TeddyGinn7 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    how can u even say Bell...ye he was our best up and coming safety but for atleast right now JA is stepping up nicely.......Ronnie Brown was without a doubt our best PLAYMAKER, he was our best offensive threat, chatman just does not have the burst and breakaway speed ronnie has, he made our O-Line look great and he turned 5 yard screens into 60 yard runs, and also could pound it on the goal line which we obviosuly see this year that we always find some way to mess up within the goaline aka the patriots game today....the game is just not exciting to watch anymore without ronnie poundin the rock

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    The Defense seemed decent until Bell got hurt.

I would have to say Ronnie Brown. With Ronnie Brown Miami had an offense that could score points. Defenses went into the game with the goal of stopping Ronnie Brown and they still couldn't do it. No team plan is to stop Chatman or Gado.

5. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    without a doubt it was ronnie

he was on his way to his breakout season and showing he was well worth the number 2 pick in the draft
    and i think he shut up the doubters who last year were saying he wasnt that good and how he was a bust and all that

he got injured trying to make a play and stop the patriots on the interception he was hustling and tried to make the play, he is the heart and soul of this offense and with him i felt we could put points up

but even in this black cloud of a season their is a silver lining, now with chatman showing he can be a pretty good back , the phins can now use them in and out like a drew/taylor tandem in jacksonville
    or if that doesnt work i would really like to see a booker/brown tandem

zach hurt too, the phins lost a leader and a tremendous football player, bell hurt too he is a playmaker and a spark plug but i do like how jason allen has come in i think he has developed very well and he is showing his pick was not a bust

i think the dolphins have a lot of potential, they just need a couple of drafts to fill in the weak spots and parcells will do that

6. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Concur.

When Ronnie was playing teams had to plan how to stop him from running between the tackles and stop him from making the short-yardage (and sometimes more) receptions. Chatman never had that kind of impact since he doesn't have the receiving hands that Brown does.

...and sure LoBook has great short-yardage receiving hands, but he didn't even really get in until what, last week? ...and he isn't exactly a guy you need to worry about running over you... :unsure:

With Brown and LoBook in the backfield you have an immediate short-yardage passing threat from either one and still have a power back threat. With Brown and Chatman in the backfield you have two power backs that will run it down your throat and still have a receiving threat. With Chatman and LoBook, you have one power back and one receiving threat.

Ronnie hands down. :up: