1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where we stand versus others with salary cap numbers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by miamiron, Mar 1, 2012.

1. miamiron

miamiron There's always next year

Jan 4, 2008
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-february-2/

Raiders: $145.7 million

Giants: $129.1 million.
    Panthers: $128.5 million.
    Cowboys: $124.3 million.
    Lions: $123.0 million.
    Jets: $120.9 million.
    Packers: $120.7 million.
    Steelers: $120.5 million.

Texans: $118.9 million.
    Rams: $118.0 million.
    Cardinals: $117.7 million.
    Ravens: $116.3 million.
    Vikings: $116.0 million.
    Eagles: $112.8 million.
    Chargers: $112.8 million.
    Dolphins: $112.7 million.
    Seahawks: $110.0 million.

Saints: $109.6 million.
    Chiefs: $108.9 million.
    Bills: $104.7 million.
    Browns: $103.4 million.
    Patriots: $102.6 million.
    Bears: $101.9 million.
    Falcons: $101.5 million.

Broncos: $98.7 million.
    Titans: $94.5 million.
    Redskins: $93.5 million.
    Buccaneers: $92.7 million.
    Bengals: $83.5 million.

2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Jesus the Raiders are a horrible organization.

3. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Anyone thinking let Langford walk, resign Soliai at $6 million or so, and steal Avril away from Detroit?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    No more base 3-4 means Langford becomes WAY more expensive than his value, and there's no way we pay him starter money to be a situational guy IMO.

If we want to go your "Avril-Soliai" approach (which I dig) I'd trade Starks for a pick or player of greater need and inexpensively build the Dline depth through the draft.

Avril-Soliai-Odrick-Wake is more than good enough as our base 4-3..... with McDaniel & Merling for depth behind Odrick leaving us in greater need for depth behind Soliai than re-signing Langford.

Other wise our depth chart would look:

NT: Soliai
    DT: Odrick, Starks, Merling, McDaniel, Langford. (and I don't want Langford on the field in nickel, where as Merling & Starks at least have value there).

Do we really need to hoard that many DTs, especially 2 who are more suited for a 3-4? :lol:

5. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    TBH I'd try to package Starks and Wake for a 1st rounder since Starks will be gone after this year anyways, so if I could use him to boost Cam's stock from a 2nd to a 1st, and then I'd use it to pick up Andre Branch for the RDE spot. Then use our 2nd on Bruce Irvin for SOLB, and suddenly our pass rush becomes a team strength and our front 7 is set for the next 3-5+ years.

Personally, I'd like to get one group of defensive players who become our D's core that allows us to plug in missing pieces when those other guys develop and become too expensive to resign (just like the Ravens did for over a decade). Rather than trying to throw high contracts all around the D (like we're currently faced with and will continue to be faced with if we don't fix it), have one set group who are our high dollar priority players whom we can count on staying put for a long time. That would allow for greater sustained success and less hassle than this current crap.

The Giants do this with their Dline (namely pass rushers), and it works great for them.

Maybe something like:
    LDE/34DE--- Coples (but I would welcome Avril in a heartbeat)
    NT/34NT---- Soliai
    DT/34DE---- Odrick
    RDE/34OLB- Andre Branch

hybrid SOLB (nickel pass rusher)- Bruce Irvin

CB-- Vontae Davis

possibly FS-- Reggie Nelson perhaps

With that type of core, you could continue to resign them all while only needing to plug and play the missing pieces, and we wouldn't need $60.0M+ in non pass-rushing linebacker contracts.