Where is the EDIT feature??

13 replies

Roman529Roman529New MemberOP
Mar 30, 2008, 11:29 PM

Sometimes you get to typing too fast, but there is no edit button now to fix your mistake. :sad:

Roman529Roman529New Member
Mar 30, 2008, 11:30 PM

Ahh nevermind.....you guys added it. Thanks!!!

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 11:35 PM

It was always here bro... :lol:

Roman529Roman529New Member
Mar 30, 2008, 11:38 PM

I just checked...how do you go back into your message to fix it?

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 11:39 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

I just checked...how do you go back into your message to fix it?

There was nothing to fix. The "edit" function is built into vBulletin.

Roman529Roman529New Member
Mar 30, 2008, 11:42 PM

No what I mean is let's say you type something, and then you post it...later on you read it and you want to change it....you can't do it...you can only edit it right after you wrote it....but you can't change it later. Try it Celtkin!!!

FinfangFinfangNew Member
Mar 30, 2008, 11:42 PM

Is it possible to hide edits and let us add our revisions manually if need be?

Meaning everyone knows if you edit a post because it shows up that way.

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 11:43 PM

Yeah, I think he is correct Mal. I noticed that earlier tonight...

EDIT: Nevermind...but I do think it was gone for a short while tonight

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Mar 30, 2008, 11:59 PM

"Roman529 wrote:

No what I mean is let's say you type something, and then you post it...later on you read it and you want to change it....you can't do it...you can only edit it right after you wrote it....but you can't change it later. Try it Celtkin!!!

The time limit for editing post titles is set to 30 minutes. What we are trying to avoid is typing something offensive then changing it after someone has quoted and replied to the post.

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 12:05 AM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Yeah, I think he is correct Mal. I noticed that earlier tonight...

EDIT: Nevermind...but I do think it was gone for a short while tonight

I think it was a momentary glitch in the system. The settings have not been changed in months. :)

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 12:08 AM

"Celtkin wrote:

I think it was a momentary glitch in the system. The settings have not been changed in months. :)

Yep, all is as it should be. It very well couldve been that I was past the 30 minute limit... I wasnt aware of that until....well just now.:up: :pointlol:

[deleted][deleted]Luxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 12:15 AM

"Finfang wrote:

Is it possible to hide edits and let us add our revisions manually if need be?

Meaning everyone knows if you edit a post because it shows up that way.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean bro but if you type a post and make a mistake in typing then everyone will understand if you change "teh" to "the", that is why we the board gives members 30 minutes to correct the typo -- BUT if you type "kiss my ass you low life tadpole" and then want to later change it to "my favorite Christian is the Apostle Paul" then people need to know. :lol:

ALalen1New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 12:16 AM

"Celtkin wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean bro but if you type a post and make a mistake in typing then everyone will understand if you change "teh" to "the", that is why we the board gives members 30 minutes to correct the typo -- BUT if you type "kiss my ass you low life tadpole" and then want to later change it to "my favorite Christian is the Apostle Paul" then people need to know. :lol:

LMAO. :lol:

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 01:47 AM

"Celtkin wrote:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean bro but if you type a post and make a mistake in typing then everyone will understand if you change "teh" to "the", that is why we the board gives members 30 minutes to correct the typo -- BUT if you type "kiss my ass you low life tadpole" and then want to later change it to "my favorite Christian is the Apostle Paul" then people need to know. :lol:

Kiss my ass you low life tadpole. :D

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39