1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Everybody knows Your Name....

Discussion in 'Announcements and Such' started by vt_dolfan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. GoPhins!

GoPhins! Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 29, 2007
    Winter Garden, FL
    Well, I guess its my turn. My name is Charles and I live in Jacksonville, FL for the last three years or so and almost every other city in the state the 30 years before that. :) I'm 44 and became a Dolphin fan when we moved to Ft. Lauderdale in late 1969. Talk about a good time to become a fan. :)

I've been married to my lovely wife Kim for almost 8 years now and we are currently attempting to start a family. Late start for me I know but she is only 35. I work for the state of Florida and teach a little on the side. I spent most of my life in south Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Myers and Cape Coral) and we wound up in north Florida (which is much different than south Florida - seems more like south Georga) because Kim wanted her doctorate (which she got at FSU) and FCCJ in Jacksonville offered her a job a Dean of Distance Learning.

I was a lurker on FH for a long time before joining in 2002. But I've been more of a lurker than a poster with only about 175 posts is 6 years there. I'm attempting to change that here and become more interactive. :)

Boik14 and orangefinfan like this.
  2. Cosmic

Cosmic Social Disease

Dec 10, 2007
    Here we go-my name is Mike and I have been a lifelong Dolphins fan. I was born in Orlando, FL almost 41 years ago-I'm one year younger than my team. When I was growing up in Orlando, there was no baseball, basketball, or hockey teams, and only one Football team-the Miami Dolphins. When I was but a youngin, the undefeated season took place, and we won 2 Super Bowls in a row! I was hooked-and have never looked back. Yeah, the Bucs showed up a few years later, but Dolphinmania was firmly ingrained in me by then.

I currently live in Baltimore-moved here in 2006. I have a fiancee and she has a 10 year old son that is my best bud. We have been together 4 years now, but are in no rush to get married. Both been down that road before and found it unsatisfying. She is a diehard Ravens fan, and the boy is a Falcons fan-but he likes individual players and fantasy football more than any one team.

We are both big Jimmy Buffett fans, and go to at least 2 concerts a year, more if we can. That is where our tastes diverge, though. Iron Maiden is my all-time favorite band (June 18th!!!!!), while she leans more toward country.

I have been a lurker on FH for a few years and an occassional poster, but the overall "feel" of the board was what caused me not to post much. It seemed like the thoughtful, well-researched posts were far outweighed by "We suck" posts and attacks. I was weighing the VIP option and whether I would actually use it, when the split occured and I came here, because the people who I grown to respect for their opinions and insightful analysis were coming here. I haven't been back, because I finally feel "home". I will be weighing in more often (poor you)-hopefully I can contribute in some way.

Fins Up!

orangefinfan likes this.
  3. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Welcome, glad to have you all here.

4. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    You are dead to me! :)

Don't worry about your kids, someone will teach them right sooner than later. I have a secret operative.

BZ

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    My name is Tex. I like poetry and a good glass of scotch. I have a terrier named Baxter. I have many leather-bound books, my house smells of rich mahogany, & i'm friends with Merlin Olson.

:up:

orangefinfan likes this.
  6. orangefinfan

orangefinfan New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    My name is Gregg Silva, 28 almost 29. I currently reside in Phoenix AZ with my Wife of 8 years and our three children(all dolphin fans). I was born in Denver CO and became a fin fan from watching Marino in the 84 season. I am a educational advisor for the U of Phoenix. Former Army Medic. I have no degrees or anything like that. I have been a member since Oct of 03 and made the transition here(THANKS ARIZPHINFAN) I am also a supporter of The Colorado Buffaloes, The Avalanche, and a T. Stewart fan. I am glad to be here. I don't post alot but do spend alot of time here. I also will be attending the mega tailgate in Sept!

steveincolorado and GoPhins! like this.