1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you draw the line?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Bumrush, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Playing devils advocate here. Hate to create a new thread but I think it's warranted..

If this situation continues to gain steam, where would you draw the line and shift it back to a wholesale firing of team leadership?

I can almost predict how this is going to unfold. A powder keg is about to be lit if the allegations that Cogs father brought up were true. If the organization pressured Martin to continue playing football, KNOWING full well that he was mentally unstable, suicidal and unable to adapt to an NFL locker room, couldn't one make a moral argument that the team should have released him or supported his decision to take a step back from the NFL?

If we find out that organization made a concerted effort to ignore or gloss over allegations of suicide or drug abuse on the part of Martin, doesn't that constitute a moral and total failure of the organization to do the right thing in favor of hoping to get results on the field with someone that was on the verge of having a mental breakdown?

While I've taken a harsher stance towards how this has been handled by Martin, if reports were to prove that not only did the team ignore these warning sides, but also nudged his peers to toughen him up, I'd have to reverse myself and completely support any effort to remove the guilty parties, no matter how far up the chain it goes.

I suspect Ross knew about the potential ramifications of bringing in the NFL to review this episode, and may have been aware of these mental issues that Martin was having as they were happening.

If that is the case I can't see how Ireland or Philbin survive this.

2. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Ross.......I'm too old for this crap!

3. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    What a great pile of crap he inherited. Half full stadium, fan apathy and now this.. If I'm Ross I get the hell out of dodge as soon as possible. Let some other clown run this team.

4. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Like Ross is completely blameless for all the nonsense from that point up until now...

5. Bumrush

Nov 25, 2007
    His first mistake was purchasing the team from someone that made all his cash selling garbage. A one year Parcell's clean up crew that darted out of town with a rookie owner.. Yup, Wayne sure pulled a fast one.

6. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    where do I draw the line?

In the sand!

7. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Plus the stadium is outdated. I can see him getting out soon. He doesn't need this.

8. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Something tells me Ross isn't the kind of guy to just jump ship. He doesn't like to fail, and moving on now would seem like failure. he will stick it out through this, however if the team continues to have issues like this then in a couple years sure. But not yet.

9. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I think alot of it has to do with how the public responds to things once everything is out in the open. But if I had to guess....Id start talking about who our interim HC might be. But who knows....

10. I need more facts before drawing any lines. It is plausible that everyone in the organization believed they were doing things that were in the best interests of Martin and the team. This may be a case of poor execution of good intentions.

It may of been Ireland trying to spare himself from the embarrassment of another missed draft pick on the O-Line.

Might be a HC's over zealousness trying to fix a weak spot on his team.

Incognitio might of been the appointed guy by the team to mentor Martin because RT was getting killed out there and they may of blamed Martin for the 4 game losing streak.

It might be a case of Martin realizing he is not cut out for football and is embarrassed to admit it so he is making more out of this than is necessary to save face with his mommy.

11. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Belicheat is behind this somehow. Devious little mind to undo us before we get a complete build to work with.

12. Mk2

Mk2 New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I would draw the line wherever it is that you get rid of Jeff Mediocreland