1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with the Miami Dolphins....?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolphans1, Oct 29, 2009.

1. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Hey Guys,

Listen been reading the threads, but what's wrong with this team. Any insightful opinions on how we lost this last game, and isn't the loss a real telling sign on what's wrong with the Dolphins.....?

I really don't understand how a team could lose when they were dominating so much.

We're sitting at 2-4, next game is a definite must win game and we have to stop making excuses.

Players that are "smart" and have "character" find ways to grind it out and win games.....when their leading by 20+ points in the first half.

Did you guys notice how Brees ran around the whole stadium and embarassed us at home high fiving the fans in the stadium at the end of the game...?

This game without a doubt has to go down as one of the biggest improbable losses by the Miami Dolphins.

I seriously do not believe we have home field advantage in Fins stadium.

d-1

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    A lot of my friends call me crazy because I react to every game as if each game is a must-win game. I guess I'm crazy for wanting excellence from my favorite team of any sport.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Meh, the Saints are a great team, and we're a good team. We had chances to win, but I don't think there's any question the more talented team won.

It's easy to lose sight of the fact we were 1-15 two years ago. You don't go from that to elite in two years time.

I actually think Landshark is a home-field advatange, but that's just me.

4. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We have had great crowds every game this season. There are Always opposing fans at games. We had a lot of Fins fans in SD and ATL, and we will at Giants Stadium as well. Remember last season? There were "Lets Go Dolphins" chants loudly audible, loud enough that I chimed in from where I was watching.

As for the team, Dolphins are good but the Saints are elite. We're the only team to even scare New Orleans at all, the Giants couldnt even do it. Plus, some questionable calls, like the sharper TD that was really a fumble.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I feel ya bud...football is a funny game, teams need experiences to reach levels as a team..

I do agree with you about our stadium, i have written on many occasions that its something that will make winning a championship that much more difficult...I dont think its possible for our fans in that stadium to reach the type of energy required to elevate the players performances..

Their homefield advantage lies in Heat, grass and familiarity....thats about it.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  6. Hobiesailor

Hobiesailor Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Is homefield advantage that big of a deal though? Our own 72 dolphins went undefeated through the playoffs with out homefield advantage. The steelers were a wildcard team that won the super bowl that didn't have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs either. When we beat the jets last year in new york, we didn't have homefield advantage. The elite teams find ways to win no matter where they are playing. We are a good team right now, we just need a little bit more time and a few more pieces to be elite. and once we get there, we won't need home field to win games.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Dolphin fans have been showing up to the games lately so that really is a non-issue.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  8. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I personally don't think there is anything wrong with the Miami Dolphins. They make too many mental errors and is not capitalizing on opportunities that is in front of them. It might be a big play or simply knowing when to turn it up field or to go out of bounds. It may be to make a key tackle or a key catch on 3rd and long. We need to truly need to focus on the task at hand and not on the big picture. What I mean, if your job as a WR is to catch passes, then you focus on making that catch, not who is around or where to run after the catch. Then when you make the catch, then you could focus on who is around you or where to run.

Basically, take care of the basics and the rest will take care of itself.

djphinfan and cdz12250 like this.
  9. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    call me a homer all you want, but IMO the reason we lost this game is because we pretty much got jobbed by the officials. I hate to actually type that, but in this case I actually believe it. We were doing a pretty good job of letting the Saints back into the game, and the officials did a damn fine job of making sure they got back into the game.

A bad (not horrible) call was made with 5 seconds left in the first half where the player should have been called down at the 1 yard line. I'm not sure if it would have really mattered since a booth challenge might have been made anyways, but there was certainly not enough time to run off a play after that. FOllow that up with a horrendous timeout call and we gave the Saints a free 7 points.

Everybody knows that the Sharper INT should have been ruled a fumble and touchback. The INEXCUSABLE part is that it was reviewed and STILL not overturned, when I thought it was clear that he fumbled, as did the TV announcers. Another free 7 points to the Saints.

We threw another pick 6 that would have NEVER been thrown if those free 14 points werent given away, because we would have been winning, not losing. Basically another free 7 points.

We basically handed the Saints a free 21 points. To make matter worse when we were trying to come back from behind, some players had a case of the butterfingers (Ginn, Fasano, even Ricky once I think). We should be happy we only lost by 12 after those bad breaks.

dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  10. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    There's nothing wrong with the Miami Dolphins other than being in the process of rebuilding from the ground up from a 1-15 season caused by a combination of know-nothing dorks who were in charge of this team before Parcells came. It's a process. We have to live it.

dolfan7171 and djphinfan like this.
  11. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    2 rookies at corners and the worst safety duo in the entire league. Thats what's wrong with us.

Our offense certainly didn't help the defense out in the 2nd half, but Brees simply had his way with our secondary in the 2nd half.

Eric Berry ftw.

12. dolphans1

dolphans1 New Member

Oct 15, 2008
    May have to agree with you on this one...

d-1

13. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    they play the game to win.......nothing wrong with you expecting players that get paid millions of dollars a year to put on a show you enjoy watching. Unfortunately for the players that includes having to provide victories.

14. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    process is close to achievement, 70% there

need receivers and safty's and a good back up QB to Henne, some depth would be nice also

dolfan7171 likes this.