What's wrong with Channing Crowder?

34 replies

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Sep 25, 2009, 01:39 PM

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Sep 25, 2009, 02:06 PM

Whats wrong with him?

Hes a read and react type linebacker...the problem is, hes not very quick at his reads, and not very fast in his reation, combine that with limited strength and flexability...

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Sep 25, 2009, 02:09 PM

He is slow and is constantly chasing plays from behind.
When he does make contact it is never violent, and in pass coverage he coldnt cover a Nun....in a hobbit.......

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 02:11 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

a Nun....in a hobbit.......

Sorry, I'm not being a spelling nazi, but that mistype was hilarious.:up:

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 02:14 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Whats wrong with him?

Hes a read and react type linebacker...the problem is, hes not very quick at his reads, and not very fast in his reation, combine that with limited strength and flexability...

But other than that....he's awesome...lol

killin me dj

JS

MotionMotionNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 02:21 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

He is slow and is constantly chasing plays from behind.
When he does make contact it is never violent, and in pass coverage he coldnt cover a Nun....in a hobbit.......

Tell that to Nathan Jones :lol:

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Sep 25, 2009, 02:23 PM

"Motion wrote:

Tell that to Nathan Jones :lol:

Touche, but that's only cause it was on accident.
no way he hits somebody that hard on purpose :shifty:

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 02:23 PM

"Motion wrote:

Tell that to Nathan Jones :lol:

I thought they were going to have to carry Jones off on two different stretchers full of parts....

JS

OnehondoOnehondoSupporter
Sep 25, 2009, 03:15 PM

The LB position needs to be upgraded at both ILB and OLB. Too bad we didn't get Patrick Willis when we had the chance. I am not slammimg Porter or J.Taylor but there needs to be some youth infused at the position. Some players with their best days ahead of them instead of behind them. Crowder is who he is, but definitely not the take charge middle linebacker who can change games. A good core of linebackers would go a long way toward making the Dolphins defense more potent. A good middle linebacker would make the other linebackers better and would improve the defense as a whole.

miamironmiamironForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 03:58 PM

He is highly allergic to turnovers...never had them-never will

MBmbmonkNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 04:17 PM

The article states that Crowder "only has 5 tackles in two games"...

To be fair to crowder the Colts ran only 30+ plays. At least 4 were scores, so no tackles there, probably another couple times the player ran out of bounds. Throw in all the missed tackles and there just weren't that many tackles to be had. It wasn't his fault!!!!

^^ how was that for spin?

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 07:13 PM

"mbmonk wrote:

The article states that Crowder "only has 5 tackles in two games"...

To be fair to crowder the Colts ran only 30+ plays. At least 4 were scores, so no tackles there, probably another couple times the player ran out of bounds. Throw in all the missed tackles and there just weren't that many tackles to be had. It wasn't his fault!!!!

^^ how was that for spin?

Congratulations: you're a Republican.

:chuckle:

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 07:26 PM

Step to slow to hit a RB behind the line of scrimmage,and....
Can't cover a bed with a sheet.
Pretty much sums it up.

TJamesW_PhinfanTJamesW_PhinfanNew Member
Sep 25, 2009, 10:40 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

He is slow and is constantly chasing plays from behind.
When he does make contact it is never violent, and in pass coverage he coldnt cover a Nun....in a hobbit.......

I don't know about the never violent contact part. He darn near knocked a guy out on one play. Oh sure it was a helmet to hekmet smash on his own team mate one of our strugging secondary fellas but hey heck of an effort still the same. :up:

Thats one of the big things I miss about Zach. Guy had a nose for the ball and got to it quick. I wish we could find a couple young guys with instincts like that. Crowder so often seems lost or winded or ... I don't know what.

ALalen1New Member
Sep 25, 2009, 10:43 PM

"miamiron wrote:

He is highly allergic to turnovers...never had them-never will

At least we know he'll never a sick player.

;)

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Sep 25, 2009, 10:52 PM

Something I mentioned in the "Keys to the Game" was how often do the Dolphins actually ask Taylor or Porter to drop back into coverage? I have seen some plays during the Colts game where Taylor was aksed to drop back into the flats and dropped down the hashes. The few times he did drop back our underneath coverage was much better and Manning had to hold the ball a bit longer. We didn't get a great deal of pressure, but we managed to cover better as well.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Sep 25, 2009, 10:54 PM

I never knew Antonio Gates wears V-Necks. Thanks Channing.

Sep 25, 2009, 11:53 PM

i'm gonna play a madden game and bench crowder right now!

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 12:29 AM

"NaboCane wrote:

Congratulations: you're a Republican.

:chuckle:

I think your on to something there Josephe. :up:

Of course, Crowder is your typical Democrat.
Goes through the motions, talks a lot but still expects everybody else to carry the load for him :up:

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 12:34 AM

The question is flawed, there is nothing the matter with Channing Crowder, this is the same player we have seen for years now, only now the games "count" more as we all have expectations coming off of 11-5.

Can anyone honestly say CC missing that tackle on Dallas Clark that went for a TD is something we have not seen before?

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Sep 26, 2009, 12:42 AM

"padre31 wrote:

The question is flawed, there is nothing the matter with Channing Crowder, this is the same player we have seen for years now, only now the games "count" more as we all have expectations coming off of 11-5.

Can anyone honestly say CC missing that tackle on Dallas Clark that went for a TD is something we have not seen before?

Exactly....

You get what you pay for......how can you complain about the taste of a generic cola when you were too cheap to buy a pepsi?

JS

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 12:46 AM

"jetssuck wrote:

Exactly....

You get what you pay for......how can you complain about the taste of a generic cola when you were too cheap to buy a pepsi?

More or less, I'm not saying Crowder is a scrub, I am saying he is still the non playmaking ILB he has always been, they have sent him on blitzes this year.

He has to yet to have a hand a Qb's jersey on a Blitz, that is Channing C to the "T".

MrCleanMrCleanSupporter
Sep 26, 2009, 12:47 AM

"djphinfan wrote:

Whats wrong with him?

Hes a read and react type linebacker...the problem is, hes not very quick at his reads, and not very fast in his reation, combine that with limited strength and flexability...

BINGO on all counts, and I'd also throw in limited speed...and quickness.

“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”

― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

jetssuckjetssuckNew Member
Sep 26, 2009, 12:53 AM

Honestly, if it weren't for that KC game last year where the defense played terrible with him out, I doubt he even gets re-signed

JS

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Sep 26, 2009, 12:58 AM

"MrClean wrote:

BINGO on all counts, and I'd also throw in limited speed...and quickness.

Hmm...I do not neccessariy agree with that Mr. C, Crowder was step for step with Dallas Clark, the problem with CC is more a question of Explosiveness, as in he is devoid more or less of it.

Put it this way, against the Chargers Ray Lewis knifed into the backfield and tackled Sproiles ending the game, a play Crowder rarely if ever makes, but Lewis is what 35?