1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the next transaction you'd like to see?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Jul 28, 2008.

Tags:

What transaction would you like to see next?

1. Sign Terry Glenn for the vet minimum.

22 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. Sign LeCharles to a multi-year contract, making him our 2nd highest paid o-lineman.

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Trade both 09' 2nd rounders and that 2010 6th for Anquan.

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Just having some fun with "talked about" personnel moves now that everyone is signed and in camp. Out of these three scenarios, what would you like to see:

1.Sign Terry Glenn for the vet minimum.
    2.Sign LeCharles to a multi-year contract, making him our 2nd highest paid o-lineman.
    3.Trade both 09' 2nd rounders and that 2010 6th for Anquan.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    hmm, i can't decide. all three are so ... similar? :lol:

HULKFish and alen1 like this.
  3. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    wisenheimer.

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It works now.

I chose Terry Glenn but I hope we can add Anquan Boldin. I think we can get him for the draft picks we got in exchange in the Taylor trade. I think the Cardinals will want a first rounder in the beginning but will notice that it is rare to see a player traded for a first rounder and will lower their price to a second. I think we can get Boldin for a second and sixth.

5. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Lol, I think I got in before you posted the poll.

Btw had to look up wisenheimer. My new word of the day!

opfinistic and Sethdaddy8 like this.
  6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    I would have voted, but I didn't see the choice to have learned form our past and keep our draft picks instead of trading them off and not wasting our money on old guys who aren't worth it. That's my vote.

7. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I also picked Glenn. Would have been Bentley if the asking price was lower for his salary.

8. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I would love to get Boldin. The guys is a performer. If you have read any articles coming out of AZ, yeah he his mad and wants a new contract, but will honor his current contract and play. Glenn would be niceand cheap, and Bentley would make us one of the top 5 lines in the NFL by season end and would add alot to the comfort factor of our young QB's. All would be nice, however, would like to keep the picks and the money get Carey locked up and go FA/Draft next year to "complete the next stage of the PHINS return to dominance.

9. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    what fun is an other option? this is more of a "gun to you head" type scenario.:lol:

alen1 likes this.
  10. jdang307

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Anquan would be worth trading for, just not for that much.

11. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i was trying to put myself in the Cardinals shoes. they're in no rush to part with him on any sort of cheap. same goes for LeCharles' agent.

12. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Why take on everyone's outcasts who want big paydays? How about we draft a WR and lock him up for a few years without having to trade picks and develop our own talent like every other reputable team in the league?

sgtphin likes this.
  13. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    Boldin hands down but not for two 2nd rounders, especially since both could be high picks.

14. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    because with WRs, its not so simple.

15. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It is when you actually have the right personnel people scouting for you. :up:

16. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Anqan Bolden please

17. Jamester23

Jamester23 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Boldin's a 3 year vet. No way in H - E - Hockey stick- Hockey stick we get him for a second rounder.

I'd trade them next year's first straight up for him.

18. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I don't like the idea of giving up draft picks for anyone but college players... unless you run across a deal you just cannot refuse. In the case of Boldin... that isn't going to happen. He's young, he's very good, and too many teams would be after him.

In Bentley's case... IMHO, he'll cost too much. With the talent we now have at tackle and center, we'd be much better served developing our young guards and bringing in middle-tier free agents at guard.

For what it's worth, I think if we had to go with one of those scenarios, I'd hope they'd pursue Terry Glenn. He'd give us much more bang for the buck. I like our young WRs right now, but he'd at least make that group more respectable. Without him, we'd have a lot of young guys running around trying to prove themselves. We need at least one stable "go-to" guy at WR, and Glenn would do just that... at least for one or two years while the rest of the guys learn and develop.

DennyCrane likes this.
  19. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    nice post.

Larry Little likes this.
  20. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    there's just not a lot of anquan boldens floating around out there imo. guy produces on a crap team year in and year out.

alen1 likes this.
  21. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Don't get me wrong, he's a hell of a reciever, but he's not ours. Our picks need to go to whatever is our most glaring needs after this season. If WR is deemed that important, then burn some picks there. I just think that we continue to take steps back by trading picks. The draft is the only way we're going to get younger and that is the goal here, to develop young talent without overpaying.

22. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    send sethdaddy to the jets board for a bag of doritos and a drink to be named later.

Sethdaddy8 and alen1 like this.
  23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    But you also need to add veterans to the roster. Boldin is 26-27 years old I believe, he's still young and is proven. You need veteran guys to show those young guys the ropes. We are filled with young guys at the WR spot, with no receiver more than 5 years of experience.

unluckyluciano likes this.
  24. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    I don't want to see it, and Parcells most likely won't do it, but trading three draft picks for Anquan Boldin would be the best move Miami could make. You would then have a legitimate #1 Receiver, something you havn't had in a while (here come the Chambers backers, but we'll deal with them later). That would also give Ginn the ability to play where I think he would be most effective, and thats in the slot. It would also open up more holes for Ronnie & Ricky. On top of all of that, the Quarterback, whoever it is, would be helped big time by having a receiver such as Anquan to throw it when they need a 1st down or a big catch.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  25. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    exactly you just don't build through the draft but you just don't cut and paste a team together. I understand everybodies reluctance to trade away picks but you can't just horde the picks either. Boldin would fit well into our plans imo.

alen1 likes this.
  26. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia

I get what you're saying but we still have more holes to plug than a block of swiss cheese. I say afer two or three decent drafts to shore up our suspect secondary, an aging NT who will need to be replaced, and unproven Oline and QBs, then go for the sexy positions like WRs. I'm sorry but they are just going to want way to much for him and I feel we can get several servicable guys on hte roster for what he's going to cost.

As far as leadership, yes it's great, but a hungry dog is also a very loyal dog and that's the kind of team we are building right now. No big name superstars or huge egos or personas on this roster, just raw, hungry, young talent.

27. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    building through the draft is always the A1 ideal scenario, no doubt. I think in Bolden's case, he is a rare exception to the rule. Ocho Cinco isn't. TO isn't. Moss isn't. Simply because those guys can't just go anywhere and be great, and be model citizens. I think Anquan can. And some years you just have a weak receiver class, like this year, although who knows what will happen. But anyway, I agree. building through the draft is always ideal.

28. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    please...your heart would NOT be able to go on.

29. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I don't know if we will get very serviceable guys with the draft picks we would give away for Boldin. The cost of Boldin imo would be a second and a sixth. Sixth rounders are not heavy contributors. I agree with you that we can get a serviceable guy in the second round but we already have a second rounder this year. Why not give one up? We will still have draft picks to build on. We will have cap room still. Maybe not as much but we will have enough to add more key pieces.

I have no doubt that Boldin is a hungry dog despite the experience he has. I think we can all agree that this team will be competitive in a couple of seasons. Boldin is stuck in Arizona where they haven't won a playoff game since '88 or '89 I believe. I think this team is on the right track and I have no doubt that the rest of the league sees that as well. That said, I think Boldin will be hungry for playoff wins and he can help us with that. He will be the number one receiver, will get his pay and will help us get to where we want to.

As far as character goes, there is no issues with Boldin in that category. He's a great character. This off-season he was promised a deal by Arizona and they did not fulfill their promise which is why he's upset.

mullingan likes this.
  30. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  31. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    The poll is asking for both 2nd rounders and a 6th rounder bro.

32. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, I know. I am talking about a 2nd and 6th. I thinks thats too high of an asking price.

33. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    alen1 your argument holds water with me. He would be a huge addition and I don't think we will his calibre of player, or person, in the draft with a 2nd round pick. We might but it would take a few years of development to get him to Boldins level on the field and with the way things are these days, you never really know what kind of person, off the field, you are drafting. Big Money does wierd things to 23/24 year olds coming out of college. Boldin is a proven performer and has a history of not being a problem.

alen1 likes this.
  34. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

I'd be doing backflips if AZ would take a 2nd and a 6th but buddy, there's just no way I can believe that. Hell, Washington was ready to gvie up a 1st and 3rd for freggin ocho-cinco! Yeah its washington, but Arizona can still use that as some sort of barometer.
    they're not really concerned about Anquan being "unhappy." they have him locked in, he agreed to play, he's got a good work ethic, and he's not gonna dog it. they're not gonna just take a 2nd and a 6th. fortunately, washington spent half their draft on receivers, so they wont throw them a 1st and then some. but philly, and several other teams could use an anquan. we wouldn't be alone if the Cardinals open up a sweepstakes for him.

35. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
  36. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Two 2nds could turn into a 1st rounder real easy if the right player is there, that's why I'm not too eager to get rid of them. The 6th rounder was just a bonus from Washington and I'm not that concerned about it either.

37. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Washington has a boneheaded guy running the show in Dan Snyder. He would offer up a first rounder for Joey Harrington if he needed a QB.

I think we can get him for a second and sixth. The original asking price would likely be a first round pick for Boldin. That can't be serious as no one is going to give up that unless your team name is the Redskins and the Redskins are stacked with WR's right now so they're out.

The price would then drop to a second. I wouldn't be surprised if they took that offer from us. I would give them a 2nd and a 5th if they wanted it.

Philly is always stacked on draft picks but doesn't trade them. I'd be surprised to see them move their draft picks. There's a reason why they have 10 to 12 draft picks every year. I think if Philly trades for any receiver, it would be Roy Williams. They initially had interest in Williams and Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald signed a 4 year deal worth $40 million this off-season so he was off their radar.

There may be several teams involved in the sweepstakes but I believe that we could be the winner in those sweepstakes with that offer. Arizona would take that offer imo because if they don't Boldin walks in 2010 for nothing. Yes, I know, 2010 is two years from now but I'm not saying we have to go after Boldin right now. Go after him next off-season when AZ starts shopping him. I'm positive they would take a 2nd and 6th because in the end, they could end up with nothing and watching him walk.

38. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    if im Philly, im thinking of a Lito for Anquan scenario. crap, thats a 4th option i should have added, although his name hasn't been mentioned around here lately.

39. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's a deal that I can't see happening. You think they would rather take on Lito, who can't stay healthy, than a 2nd and 6th?

40. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    i never said straight up, but a trade scenario, maybe with a 4th or 5th thrown in. and lito isn't really a bleeder. guys a very good corner, and AZ could use talent there.