1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the most physical pain you've ever felt?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Fin D, Aug 21, 2014.

1. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    .... but the ladies now love it. :shifty:

Colorado Dolfan and Stitches like this.
  2. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    ftfy

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    when they took a small piece from my hip, ground it up, and filled what little empty space I had in my ankle (after ripping open my ankle and rearranging it). Then they put a 4 inch titanium screw to hold it all in place. not sure what hurt more, my hip every time I moved or my bloody swollen ankle. Then, the 2nd day after my surgery, I'm trying to walk my dog while on crutches - from a 3rd floor apt. half way down the outside stairs, dog takes off after a cat, pulling me down as I crash down the stairs bleeding quite a bit

ToddPhin and Fin D like this.
  4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I was playing basketball when I was about 14. I took an elbow under my chin and jammed my mouth shut hard. My teeth slammed together. It damaged my top front 4 teeth on the root level. I had to have 4 root canals on the same day a few years later.

Nothing compared to the kidney stones. I'd rather have a root canal every week instead of one more stone.

5. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    that's why I bolded the basics for the idiots with short attention spans, idiot. :)

6. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    This might have the makings of a thread winner. My countdown omitted my #1 worst pain. I think it'd give yours or a kidney stone a run for its money.

Ohio Fanatic likes this.
  7. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Thanks, buddy. You're the best.

ToddPhin likes this.
  8. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Root canal didn't even make my top 10. wuss. :jt0323:
    It was between that and the time you stubbed your toe amiright? j/k

Fin D likes this.
  9. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
    Right after open heart surgery, when I had to cough the fluid out of my lungs several times an hour while my sternum, which had been sawn in two, was wired together trying to knit, and they had to stop the morphine. They gave me a teddy bear to squeeze against my chest to hold it together while coughing. Didn't help.

Boik14 and Fin D like this.
  10. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    For those that don't know about kidney stones:

My wife's best friend growing up has given birth and had a stone. She, without hesitation, will tell you the stone was worse.

What you have to understand is that the stone doesn't just hurt when it gets to your junk, it hurts the whole tract from the kidney to the junk and its a different pain then when it gets to the home stretch. It can take DAYS just to get to your junk. It feels like you're pushing a tumbling thumbtack through a coffee stirrer. Then when it finally gets to the home stretch everything changes. Once its at your dick that thumbtack turns into Wolverine™.

The physical pain isn't all there is though, there's psychological torture going on too. See once it gets there you have to pee worse than you ever have in your life. Problem is 2 drops come out and that's it. Every 5 minutes you feel like chugged a gallon of water and all you can get is a drip. It will start to drive you crazy. Then you try and "push" and the pain exponentially increases annnnnnnnnnnd...drip. After hours of this, you start thinking if there's anything you cram up your dick hole to try and get the stone out. It seriously brings you to another level of survival. Then when it finally comes out you don't even get the satisfaction of hearing a clink when it hits the bowl because it looks kinda like a red pepper flake, like on the table of Italian restaurants.

The two I've had, changed my life. I literally have a vicodin stashed every where....my wallet, my car, my house, my dads house, (yes Todd, even taped to the back of the goat's head) etc. in case I get another one. I've changed my diet and it always in the back of my mind.

11. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    I have had appendicitis and a kidney stone. With appendicitis you can find a position where it doesn't hurt. Kidney stone there is no position that doesn't hurt. It is torture. Torture only alleviated by dilaudid.

Fin D likes this.
  12. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    I'm a man. I don't feel pain.

PSG, Boik14, McLovin and 4 others like this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Oh yeah?

You're ugly.

14. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Exactly, tho I do feel when I read the Gettysburg Address I was in a lot of physical pain as well

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

Sort of RR, I do believe it is a law of life that what you dwell on, you magnify.

It's a physical world, a machete to the knee, a car around a power pole, these things happen

16. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Seriously though, I've been pretty lucky when it comes to serious physical pain. I've had many days with a bad back or foot or shoulder or something like that, but nothing extreme.

I guess it would be the time I sprained my foot playing football. I was QB and someone blitzed and wrapped me up and my foot got caught awkwardly. I didn't realize how bad it really was until the adrenaline wore off and I couldn't walk. I had to literally crawl up and down the stairs. Iced it that night hoping it wasn't a big deal, the next morning my foot was the size of a clown shoe. First and only (so far) time I've ever had to use crutches. I can still feel it sometimes when I wake up and it's now 5 years later. Looking back on it, it's funny to me how I played and still play football all the time and all the tackling that goes on and the one serious injury I've suffered happened playing QB when you rarely ever get touched, and I don't play QB very often.

I completed the pass though.

ToddPhin likes this.
  17. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    We both know that's erroneous.

18. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    Soooo wtf will help not have a kidney stone? Cause **** that feeling. I hate when I have bad gas.....

Colorado Dolfan, Fin D and ToddPhin like this.
  19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Plenty of water. Cut out the sugary carbonated sins of the palette.

Also if you take calcium supplements, and not by doctor's recommendation, **** that.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Honestly, beer, cranberry juice (vodka optional), hydrate w/water not sports "drinks"

You will piss like a horse and keep things moving

Boik14 likes this.
  21. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    More water, less soda, less red meat, less salt.

22. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Appendix rupture. By far. I have broken bones, torn ligaments...but when it rupture, jesus. It was like a ****ing slow explosion inside of my stomach. Every time I get mild stomach pain i start freaking out lol

ToddPhin likes this.
  23. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Also increase dietary uptake of calcium (NOT supplements). Calcium binds with oxalate (the true bad stuff) and prevents it from being absorbed by the intestine.

Boik14, SICK, Fin D and 2 others like this.
  24. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    Sounds horrendous. Reminds me of the time I forgot to pee after sex and the hole stuck partially shut. Could barely whizz when I woke up. Had to force it out... and lizard-tongued all over the place but in the toilet. :shifty:

I'd genuinely like to know how your kidney stone compares to going through the following video 126 times. Granted, for this comparison I'd rather you go through the stuff in the videos than me the stone. LOL. The first clip is just a 4 inch piece of gauze being removed. Now imagine adding another 68 inches and needing to rip it out violently, then jamming a wooden Qtip into the would and scraping it around, followed by stuffing it with six more feet of gauze and repeating the procedure twice a day for 6 weeks and then once a day for an additional 6 weeks.

[video=youtube;Y1-m97tqOK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1-m97tqOK0[/video]
    [video=youtube;JQIZ5Xz4W_k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQIZ5Xz4W_k&list=PL2DC544038DF986B7[/video]

To explain it, I was working through a bad illness at one time and received vitamin B injections for it. One got infected to the size of an orange, was eating away at the tissue, and needed surgical excision [with the "count backward" type of anesthesia it was that severe]. If you simply stitch up the incision afterward and call it a day, it'd leave you with a large deformed pocket under the skin, so it requires healing from the inside out. This means packing it with gauze [6 feet worth in my case], with the purpose of it adhering to the pocket as it scabs over. That way the gauze can be yanked out which rips off the scab and gets the blood flowing, thus creating a new layer of tissue inside the pocket. Gradually, layer by layer the pocket fills in.

My instance was like the guy in clip #1 as far as sizes of the incision and gauze go.... except he only had 20 inches of packed gauze, which was removed gently. I had six feet worth that had to be pulled out like clown scarves. The guy in #2 was less severe with the thin ribbon gauze removed from a tiny incision, but it's still a glimpse of the process and pain. If the gauze removal isn't bad enough, the nurse has to dig a wooden Qtip into the wound and scrape the pocket to remove any remaining scabbing, and it's done with bad intentions like she's mashing up an Old Fashioned to ensure there's blood flowing to the wound. Then while everything is sore and tender, the wound gets repacked with 2 more rolls of gauze which is poked in with the wood end of the Qtip. Don't have a clip of these last 2 steps, sorry.

So my routine was- I'd lay across my bed, bite down on a highlighter, and clinch onto my sheets [insert funny joke here]. I'd scream and cuss the entire time, even accidentally let out a "OWW YOU F***ING B***H!... I F***ING HATE YOU!!" because my nurse was a believer in getting it over with quickly and would knowingly go that extra second or two beyond my threshold. I was still fresh off the pain from the 9AM session when she returned at 6PM for round two. Then I'd go to bed knowing the cycle repeats itself in the morning... for 42 straight days until once-a-day visits begin. It's funny b/c I remember watching DIY bullet removal scenes in movies and thinking to myself how painful and nuts that sh** looks...... but that ain't got nothing on this. At least you can try to be delicate with the bullet.

This is all done without a local BTW. I was given Percocet to help cope, but that was quickly upped to Dilaudid 4mg which felt wonderful.... until the initial rip. Might as well have been a Skittle. The following morning I increased it to 4 Dilaudid. I was f***ing wrecked during breakfast, could barely walk without stumbling or eat without dribbling down my chin. It got me through the initial rip but that was it, done. Went from numb to sober at the snap of a finger. My doc upped me to something even stronger [forget what it was], but that didn't do anything either except add nauseousness to the party. My nurse has 2 kids, and she said she wouldn't trade childbirth for this s**t for all the money I could give her.

Fin D and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  25. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    I heard McLovin really hated having to scrub the urine out of those shower curtains.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Fin D likes this.
  26. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    no, he loves it. He just doesn't like brushing his teeth afterwards.

Fin D likes this.
  27. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I was running my second marathon and about 15 miles in, my left knee started to hurt. I kept running of course...I was 15 miles in for God's sake.
    Then, at 17 miles, my left groin began to cramp up, then my left and right IT bands. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I'd developed a bone spur in my heel while training and was unconsciously compensating for it during the race, which was causing all the other injuries I was developing.
    At mile 17, I couldn't run anymore, couldn't even jog, so I began to limp. I thought I'd walk for a mile and hopefully loosen up and be able to at least jog for a while.
    No. It just got worse. By mile 19 I realized I was not going to be able to do more than limp. Not limp-run, just limp-walk. But I was only 7 miles from finishing and dammit, I don't like to quit. I could never have worn the cool wicking shirt for the race if I didn't finish it. So I kept limping.
    By mile 23 I was in AGONY from my groin all the way down to my ankle in my left leg. I was literally crying, though some of that was undoubtedly from emotional pain, as I had trained for this race for months and now had to walk 9 miles of it. I just kept telling myself that if I could walk 9 miles in that much pain, I could pretty much do anything.
    I finished the race in just over 6 hours, which was about 2.5 hours longer than I'd hoped when I started. Thankfully I had a respectable (sub 4 hours) time on my first marathon, so I had that to hold onto.
    I didn't run again for 3 months, then wound up having to take another few months off after that. I am back running again, but I'll probably never run another marathon, given the possibility of reaggravating my heel running long distances. Farthest I've run since then is 10 miles.

Fin D and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  28. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Twuaddle or bust Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Concord, MA
    i remember you brought this up a few years ago. Still very gross today.

Fin D and ToddPhin like this.
  29. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka

My shower curtain doubles as my comforter on my bed, so it would be moot to try to scrub the urine out of it.

i use a toilet brush anyway, cause I'm man.

why would you tape it to it's head? half the people here would find your stash in 5 minutes.

Fin D and ToddPhin like this.
  30. Rocky Raccoon

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    If he taped it to the goat's butt hole you'd find it in 5 seconds. Amirite?

Boik14, Fin D and ToddPhin like this.
  31. McLovin

McLovin Resident Pats fan.

May 7, 2008
    North Cacalaka
    Well, it would be in your way while i was prepping said goat.

Fin D likes this.
  32. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I'm just glad I faced the other way and never had to watch it.

Fin D likes this.
  33. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Almost got hit by a car on a bicycle once, dodged it but hit a curb, flew off the bike and manages to roll and not smash my face. However I bashed my knee into the pavement. For weeks my knee was swollen and I could barely walk but I still had to bike to work, then work on my feet all day.

Pretty bad.

Fin D likes this.
  34. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    I was attacked by my friend's German Shepard/Irish Setter mix when I was 9. It got loose and ran through some guy's yard down the street. I didn't know the a**hole hit it with a bat to shoo it away from his cat, so as soon as I grabbed his collar he turned Cujo on me. I did what I could to keep my arms between my face/neck and his mouth. He stopped for a second and sized me up for another attack. Never been so scared in my life as I was at that moment. He came at me, latched onto my left forearm when I threw it up, and started shaking his head violently for a few seconds. Then all of a sudden he just stopped. I remember running home and thinking that I felt wet like I had run through sprinklers. Got through the kitchen door, looked down, and there was blood dripping everywhere. There were small punctures all across my right arm, and my left forearm had a few big, deep, ripped-open gashes. The pain from that was excruciating once the adrenalin wore off. Then it took hours to finally be seen at the hospital. Worst Thanksgiving ever. Still to this day remember it was the Steelers & Lions as the second game 20 years ago.

Fin D likes this.
  35. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Was shot in the leg when I was younger.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Boik14 and Fin D like this.
  36. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Oddly enough I was attacked by two loose German Shepards while walking to school at about the same age. They cornered me against an empty house and I turned to protect my face as they bit and scratched my back. Luckily someone heard me screaming and helped out.

Funny thing is that I had so much adrenaline going I don't remember it hurting ebven though they got me good enough to draw a fair amount of blood.

ToddPhin likes this.
  37. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    Um, why did you eat your left forearm in the first place?? Sounds odd.

Alex44 and ToddPhin like this.
  38. ToddPhin

Jul 6, 2012
    NC
    define loose. They humped you didn't they?

yeah it's cool how adrenaline works like that..... but sucks how much it hurts once it wears off.

39. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No, I humped them and couldn't feel a damn thing. Loose.

I think the most painful part was probably the paramedics that got called to my house cleaning the wounds. They weren't that bad luckily but putting alcohol and who knows what else on them hurt.

ToddPhin likes this.
  40. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Lets see....

6. Concussion wasnt too bad. You know how when youre young you jump to touch the ceiling? Do that on a ceramic floor when someone spills water at the exact time you jump. I wiped out and cracked the back of my head open. I wouldnt have been able to play in Roger Goodells NFL, but that didnt stop me from playing in PAL baskeball game that night. May have shaken a few screws loose. Scored 25 that night and put the other teams best player on lockdown. Mind you I was always a good defensive player growing up but the 25 points was like two and a half games worth.
    5. Was running full speed after my sister when I was 12 or 13, toe hit couch, broken and dislocated. Mom was out, snapped it back in to place and howled like a mofo. Eventually she saw it and made me go to the doctor.
    4. Tore every ligament in left knee 2x. ACL only partially torn. Didnt feel a thing til after I was done playing basketball both times. Ever spend a summer playing half court basketball with your left leg in an immobilizer?
    3. Sprained my knee while tubing in rapids. Hit a rock at an estimated 35-40mph knee first. Small fracture with it. I really thought I shattered my knee cap.
    2. Scratched retina and deeply bruised orbital bone. Playing shortstop, batter smashed the ball, ball hit a pebble, took a funny hop and popped me in the eye. Barely got my glove on it.
    And #1.....Deviated septum. Nothing worse then not being able to breathe right but when they stuff a ****load of cotton up your nose after they fixed it and it temporarily felt worse....I know Todd is used to having things stuffed in orifices but the rest of us arent. The best part was going to school like a week later and my nose just started pouring blood in the middle of class. When I say pouring, I mean it filled a 16 oz cup 3/4ths of the way in less then 10 minutes. Bill Comptom (and the rest of True Blood would have been proud)

ToddPhin and Rocky Raccoon like this.