1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Deal with Steven Jackson and other Questions about my Playoff Matchup

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by MonstBlitz, Dec 17, 2009.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    This league - No PPR, 1 point for every 10 receiving, 2 points for every 10 rushing.

Trying to see if any of you have any insights on Steven Jackson. I know he isn't practicing. I also know the Rams offensive line is in shambles. And I'm really worried if they start that 3rd string rookie QB again. I know he'll probably play, but will he be able to do anything under these circumstances? He's super talented and been a stud all year (except last week) but things are really stacking up against him. We could replace him with Reggie Bush. Potential waiver replacements include Leonard Weaver and Chris Snelling.

Also, a question about our #3 receiver -

Steve Smith at home against Minnesota
    or
    Hackeem Nicks @ Washington
    or
    Josh Cribbs @ KC

Steve Smith has been pretty consistent but not sure if I like him with Matt Moore starting and against a Minnesota secondary with Antoine Winfield back. I like Nicks now that he's starting, but with Cribbs potentially getting carries as a RB, and this league awarding 2 points for every 10 receiving, we have a rare opportunity to get plenty of rushing production out of a WR position. But he has a gimpy ankle and that movie could be a risk. Other 2 starting WRs include Calvin Johnson and Santonio Holmes. Those guys are pretty much locked in at #1 or #2 barring injury.

Thoughts?

Also at tight end -

Visanthe Shiancoe @ Carolina

or

Jermichael Finley @ Pittsburgh

Visanthe has been huge for us all year, but he's playing hurt and is coming off a terrible week. Finley has been seeing a lot of looks but coughed up a fumble last week.

Thanks in advance!

2. CashInFist

CashInFist Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2007
    West Virginia
    If S Jackson plays I would definately start him, and it looks like he will play.

I would start Cribbs over the other 2. He is supposed to get some playing time at RB this week too.

I would definately use Finley over Shiancoe. For starters Finley gets a lot more targets than Shiancoe does. Also, Shiancoe has a rib injury that may limit him some.

Good Luck!

MonstBlitz likes this.