1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Randy Mueller History on Drafting?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pro-X, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Pro-X

Pro-X End Game Club Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I dont follow collge that much, I get alot of info from fellow fins on here. I see alot like Dorsey, I seen a few games and heard he was playing hurt, but read on here he hasnt played in the last few games.

Alot of people says McFadden is a very good running back. Othes says Long is the way to go. But since we dont run the from office and Mueller if he is still here has alot to do with the draft.

He drafted Duce, when they had Ricky, ( I know what alot of you think of Ricky. Put that aside). They still had Duce, but then drafted Reggie, teams know that you need a good running back.

Right now we dont have one, that can be considered a threat, RB is a beast, wish he comes back 100%. As you all have noticed, since we dont have a running game and the will stack 8 men in the box and challenge us to throw. We dont have Great receivers I do Like Booker and Ginn has shown flashes and whats his name Peete as TE, but thats it.

So who does Beck have to throw the ball too? Our D has gotten old, front 7 arent the same as last year. Past drafts have shown teams can draft quality players in the middle of the draft. If they do0 there homework right we can get good players who have heart turn great, just got to do our research and hope they can turn it up a notch.

Look at the Pats, they have gotten a bunch of people from Free agency, but they do draft good, alot of there payers are mid picks who learn how to play as a team adn turn it up. This goes for all teams.

If we can run the ball, our D will be off the field and ge the rest they need, we do need to get younger on Defence, but to go High draft, might not be the answer. If McFadden is as good as alot of you say he is, then this is a hard pick tp pass up, but so is Dorcey (injury is a concern but we got to see) Timbo wasnt a first round pick, he was a middle roung pick please correct me if I am wrong.

Mueller has a hsitory of getting best player (running back that cant pass up) and then trading for other picks. I dont want to get rid of Ronnie, but Cam sort of had him in the dog house, so Ronnie can find it in him and bust out, as he did. If he comes back healthy, why not Draft McFadden he is young, we got 2 first draft picks since we are picking in the top 33 twice.

Cant we get McFaddena dn Draft DT with that pick, or is there that much of a drop in quality, that makes you go in another direction? Receiver or LB is a need, maybe go that route.

And have them use Free agency better and get players who can play well each other. Give me players who play with Heart over guys who think high and mighty of them selves any day of the week and we cna have one hell of a team.

Wasnt that how our 72 team was? They had some special players, combined with alot of heart and pride and we see what the accomplished. How many number 1 picks did we have on that team. I know different Time, but look at the past winning teams, see there past picks and see how they wher made up.

Please dont flame me, as I said I dont follow collge that much just read lot from what others here have said, just passing my opinions.

Thnx for letting me in my 2 cents...

2. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Deuce (not Duce) McAllister was drafted to be New Orleans' feature RB only after it was determined that Ricky Williams was a complete and total flake. Mueller doesn't have a strong history of loading the RB position with a #2 overall pick and a #1 overall pick, and I doubt he's going to start now. Honestly, RB is the one position we're set at: we have a clear feature runner, a solid backup, and depth behind them.

Also, Mueller had nothing to do with drafting Reggie Bush. He was employed by us at the time of the 2006 draft.

Honestly, with the holes on the this team, we could take almost anyone not named Darren McFadden and it would be the right move. We could take Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholston, or Chris Long, and any of the three would help this team immediately.

3. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Vernon Gholston?, Isn't that a bit much of a climb for him all at once. He's good, but dam do we even know if he is coming out esrly.

When is the Draft declaration date?

4. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Nope, it's not too high at all. He's just flown under the Finheaven radar. Give it time, his name will surface.

The early declaration deadline is January 15.

5. Pro-X

Dec 5, 2007

Ok, so by taking 1 of the players you mention will turn this team around? From what I have seen on this team through out the last 35 years, there isnt 1 player in Any draft that will ever turn this team around. We need to draft alot of players who can play and use free agency to help where the draft doesnt.

6. Pro-X

Dec 5, 2007
    Also since you said Randy new Ricky was a head case, Ricky did play for another 2 years for us and played great, So Randy was able to predict the future adn saye get rid of ricky, He Got a great Deal from us 2 numbers 1's you cant past that up especially when your team needs players, isnt thsi were Ronnie can be used as trade bait? I really hope not.

7. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Where did I say that one player will turn this team around? I didn't. Please go back and re-read what I wrote, this time making sure that you actually grasp what's being stated.

It's very difficult to imagine Mueller pulling a Ricky and trading Ronnie Brown in favor of Darren McFadden. What problems does Ronnie Brown present that Darren McFadden would fix? Not many, I would think.

8. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Dude I know who he is.............please don't do that. I'm just saying that whilst he has typicallly been a highly rated player, has he assumed that position so fast in the last 4 weeks. The game he had aginst Jake Long would improve his stock but only if he continued to play at that level for a while, maybe including a bowl game.

He still has the combine and the like to get into so if he was gonna rise it might be there rather than right now.

9. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Don't do what? Where did I say you had no clue who he was? I said that he's flown under the Finheaven radar. That means just what it says: the aggregate of Finheaven has ignored Vernon Gholston. If you don't believe me, go into any number of draft threads here and search for his name. You won't find it. You'll find plenty of mentions of Darren McFadden, Chris Long, and Glenn Dorsey, though.

Is today "Let's Misread What Desides Is Writing" Day or something?

Gholston's stock has risen thanks to what he did against Jake Long, but he's always had top-five talent.

10. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Alright Pro X, if one wants to look at "Randy Mueller's History of Drafting", then let us look at the whole history:

Randy Mueller does have a good eye for talent.

The Deuce pickup when Rickey was still on the roster...hmmmm..

It's been said that Randy drafted Deuce because Rickey was nutty, could it also not be said that Randy may make a decision about Ronnie Brown?

11. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Bite your Tongue!

Too bad he isn't Scott Pioli.

12. Desides

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Every NFL team has sold out of tickets for years. In 2006, there wasn't a single threat of a local televised blackout until, IIRC, late November. I believe it was for a Jaguars game. And, yes, that means even the 2-14 Oakland Raiders of 2006 were selling out tickets.