1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats best for the Dolphins..Browns or Bengals?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Nov 6, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    who do we root for here..I have no idea..

Bengals are missing 5 starters, but have the emotional lift of devon stills daughter tonite..

they still talking about manziel getting reps..

Gordon coming back soon, probably next week I believe.

bengals 5-2-1 browns 5-3.

both in same division..I guess we want the Browns.

dWreck likes this.
  2. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    browns. not even close imo.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. nvdolfan

nvdolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Marietta, GA
    the 23rd likes this.
  4. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Browns looked scary tonight. Lol the AFC is stacked all of a sudden.

Da 'Fins likes this.
  5. Alex13

Alex13 Tua Time !!! Club Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Berlin,Germany
    i don´t know i think the bengals looked awful, never ever want to hear that dalton is tannehills ceiling again...what an lousy effort having that little girl that is fighting cancer in the box and watching
    for the first time in her life....man did they looked bad, of course jeremy hill and AJ green were starting for my fantasy team as well

6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Browns have looked awful at times...loosing bad to Jacksonville...barely beating Oakland.

7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Yeh..I think of all things Id heard about RT17..that one got me bitter faster then any other.

If anyone watching couldnt see the Ryan was much better then Andy Dalton....damn that would kill me

8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Browns were OK. Dalton was horrible. I've never been high on him, but he was just awful last night. Bengals have a rough road ahead. Might finish 4th in their division now.

9. thisperishedmin

thisperishedmin Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I tried to watch that game and just couldn't stomach it. Holy crap was Andy awful.

10. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

We are the 8th seed currently after last night's game. The two teams directly ahead of us are Buffalo and Kansas City. Both teams beat us already but play each other on Sunday.

So assuming we win in Detroit, we will move ahead of the loser from that game.

Which means I think we want Buffalo to win they game.

I feel dirty.

dirtywhiteboy likes this.
  11. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    KC has plenty of tough games left. I'm rooting for the Bills to go down, and to give us a chance to put them at 5-5 and two games behind us.

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Current playoff seeding, near as I can tell:

01. New England Patriots: 0.778 Win, 0.714 Conf, Division Leader (Win Pctg: 0.778 vs 0.625)
    02. Denver Broncos: 0.750 Win, 0.800 Conf, Division Leader (Win Pctg: 0.750 vs 0.625)
    03. Pittsburgh Steelers: 0.667 Win, 0.714 Conf, Division Leader (Record vs Same Opponents Tiebreak: 2-2 vs 1-2), H2H Tiebreak (IND)
    04. Indianapolis Colts: 0.667 Win, 0.714 Conf, Division Leader (Win Pctg: 0.667 vs 0.444)
    05. Cleveland Browns: 0.667 Win, 0.571 Conf, Division Runner-Up (Win Pctg: 0.667 vs 0.611)
    06. Kansas City Chiefs: 0.625 Win, 0.667 Conf, Division Runner-Up (Win Pctg: 0.625 vs 0.556), Conf Record Tiebreak (BUF)
    07. Buffalo Bills: 0.625 Win, 0.400 Conf, Division Runner-Up (H2H vs MIA)
    08. Miami Dolphins: 0.625 Win, 0.667 Conf, Division Third (Win Pctg: 0.625 vs 0.111)
    09. Cincinnati Bengals: 0.611 Win, 0.571 Conf, Division Third (Win Pctg: 0.611 vs 0.556)
    10. San Diego Chargers: 0.556 Win, 0.571 Conf, Division Third (Win Pctg: 0.556 vs. 0.000), Conf Record Tiebreak (BAL)
    11. Baltimore Ravens: 0.556 Win, 0.333 Conf, Division Fourth

Keep in mind that when it comes to weeding through playoff tiebreaks everything starts within the division. For example you have three teams with 0.625 records (Buffalo, Miami and Kansas City) but the tiebreaks are not going to compare all three teams to one another. Because Miami and Buffalo are in the same division, a tiebreak formula will first be applied to those two teams in order to determine which of them will represent the division in the inter-division tiebreak. In that case Buffalo won the head to head matchup with Miami and so Buffalo would represent the AFC East in the tiebreak against the Chiefs. The Chiefs win that tiebreak with a better conference record.

Overall the things to take from this are:

1. Wow this is a broad race for the playoffs. There are 11 teams that are all in the thick of it, and no team is out of reach from any other team. The separation from 1st place (7-2) to 11th place (5-4) can be crossed in a mere two weeks.

2. Miami is right in the thick of it, but any loss could put them in an unfavorable position. This is why the models say that there is quite a bit that hinges on this weekend in Detroit. If they go from 0.625 to 0.556, they could go from 8th place to 10th place.

If the season ended today you would have the following AFC Playoff Schedule:

Wildcard: Kansas City at Pittsburgh
    Wildcard: Cleveland at Indianapolis
    Bye Week: New England, Denver
    Staying Home: Buffalo, Miami, Cincinnati, San Diego, Baltimore, Houston, Tennessee, New York Jets, Jacksonville, Oakland

13. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I think this is how this divison will end up ranking among theirselves.

1. Ravens
    2. Browns
    3. Steelers
    4. Bengals

But the Steelers could easily move up that list to #2 or #1 in their division. I am basing this purely on the toxic differential list based on which teams take advantage of turnovers and big plays. But the Steelers are a "hot" team right now, I haven't studied the results enough to know which of these teams are climbing up or down the toxic differential list on a weekly basis. With all that being said, before looking at the turnover and big play differentials I would have wanted the Browns to win this game like they did, but after looking at it, I wish the Bengals would have won.

14. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I picked the Ravens to finish third before the season. The Bengals are worse than I thought though, so I think that the Steelers win the division, with a jumbled mess of average behind them as these teams beat up on one another.

15. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    DJ, not sure it matters at this point ... CIN is the team least likely to make the playoffs from that DIV.

It now looks like PIT has an easy road, followed by CLE and then BAL .... Based the remaining schedules .... the best news is that CLE and BAL meet in the last game of the season - could be a big game .... Along with NE vs BUF for us ...

But, which team would I rather play ... CIN ... They have horrible coaching and an 'eh' at best QB ....

16. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Dalton goes into meltdown during important games and the Bengals are predictable.The Browns are on the upswing and are unpredictable.Could pull out a surprise on anyone.

Having said that I think we beat either team in a potential playoff game.