Whatd You Guys Project For McFadden?

28 replies

slickj101slickj101Forum VeteranOP
Aug 12, 2008, 05:28 PM

I got him in the 5th and figured I had to take him with the other lack of options at that point. Whatd you think we can expect from him this year? I've read some reports but obv I dont see absolutely everything. Trying to gauge his value right now.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2008, 06:28 PM

I think you ripped yourself off. McFadden is one of three members of the Raiders' RBBC. In the 5th, you had plenty of other options; Jonathan Stewart, Edgerrin James, Fred Taylor, Selvin Young.

IMO, he puts up Reggie Bush-level numbers with maybe half the catches.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2008, 06:35 PM

"Desides wrote:

I think you ripped yourself off. McFadden is one of three members of the Raiders' RBBC. In the 5th, you had plenty of other options; Jonathan Stewart, Edgerrin James, Fred Taylor, Selvin Young.

IMO, he puts up Reggie Bush-level numbers with maybe half the catches.

I don't trust Edge to put up big numbers. Taylor was gone. Selvin Young is RBBC right now. And Stewart has issues with his toes and sharing time with Williams, who has impressed late. I also took Williams later on.

I appreciate your input as always. But I do think that McFadden will split with Fargas. I cant see them having RBBC with those two and Bush. Why would they take McF and not immediately have him in there at least getting 40% of carries? If not then maybe he moves to the slot for the majority of this year.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2008, 06:57 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

I don't trust Edge to put up big numbers. Taylor was gone. Selvin Young is RBBC right now. And Stewart has issues with his toes and sharing time with Williams, who has impressed late. I also took Williams later on.

Edge is a 300 carry guy. Even if you think he'll get 3.0 YPC, that's 900 yards and around 8 TDs, possibly more depending on Leinart's season; better numbers than what McFadden will probably put up.

Selvin Young is not RBBC. Ryan Torain has hurt his elbow. He's out. Young is the guy.

Stewart had toe surgery way back in March. He's been practicing normally. He's a better power runner than DeAngelo Williams and they've had Stewart catch plenty of passes. He's going to be the most productive rookie RB of this class, IMO.

I appreciate your input as always. But I do think that McFadden will split with Fargas. I cant see them having RBBC with those two and Bush. Why would they take McF and not immediately have him in there at least getting 40% of carries? If not then maybe he moves to the slot for the majority of this year.

I just see McFadden as a poor NFL runner. I'm with Brian Baldinger on this one. Fargas established himself last year, Michael Bush was a premier RB talent before breaking his leg. They'd be crazy to feature McFadden over either of those guys unless he duplicates Adrian Peterson's success--and even AP lost time to Chester Taylor.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2008, 07:22 PM

slick I have to disagree with Desides on this one. Now I don't know if McFadden is 5th round talent but if he was your best option then I would have taken him as well.

When looking at Young in Denver I wouldn't put him ahead of McFadden simply because it appears that things in Denver aren't as they were. Any RB doesn't just excel there anymore and McFadden in Oakland will get the bulk of the work over guys like Fargas because of McFadden's high draft status, Al Davis loves him, and Fargas has never been a featured back. McFadden over Young in that instance IMO.

Fred Taylor is on the decline with his age and it is clear that if you had to have a Jag RB that Jones-Drew is the guy to have as he will be getting more and more carries. Once again I would take McFadden.

Jonathon Stewart now he is poised to have some success in Carolina but Carolina just seems to have trouble creating a viable fantasy RB. I mean the last time they had a good running game was with Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster. Add on top of that Deangalo Williams didn't succeed and you can see a cause for trepidation with Stewart. Although his raw talent may make up for all of that and break the trend. He wouldn't have been a bad pick but McFadden will be better I think.

As for Edgerrin James he is a one time fantasy stud that I have given up on. As a second RB he would be fine but given the choice between him and McFadden I would take McFadden because James just hasn't done much in the desert and the Cardinals are more of a passing team.

I have huge expectations for McFadden this year as I see him as the Adrian Peterson of this year because he just has that raw talent that makes him special. Plus with him coming from the SEC I see him being more NFL tested and ready than say Reggie Bush who basically beat up on Pac 10 teams.

A real good steal as well would have been Matt Forte in Chicago as he I think will do very well. :up:

Well there is my input take it or leave it. :lol:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Aug 12, 2008, 07:35 PM

765 yards rushing, 415 yards recieving, 8 TD's.

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Aug 12, 2008, 08:10 PM

After striking gold with Adrian Peterson in a low round myself (who had questions as to whether Chester Taylor would be the starter), I can't say you can ever discount a rookie back. That said, I think it was a bit high but hopefully you have good RB's in front that you can gamble on McFadden and hope he shines over Fargas. It would be to your benefit to add Fargas if available for insurance. But so far, McFadden's shining in preseason so I gotta wonder if he'll eventually be anointed starter.

If Fargas starts: 600 yards 4-6 TD's
If Fargas becomes the backup: 1100 yards 6-7 TD's minimum.

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 12, 2008, 09:13 PM

I happen to LOVE Mcfadden. In 15 years we'll be talking about which uniform hes wearing to canton in my opinion.

But this year in his situation Im not sure what to expect. Im always wary of relying too heavily on rookies at any position, but especially RB's. One their not used to the longer schedule. Two, the pounding the position takes is more gruesome at this level.

If he time shares with Fargas Id go along the lines of:
700 rushing yards/5TD + 40catches/400 yards/3TD

If he doesnt time share with Fargas Id go along the lines of: 1175/10 TD + 60 catches/600 yards 4 TD

However the guy Im really high on for this year is DeAngelo Williams. Hes looked impressive in camp and as a former 1st round pick may finally be coming in to his own. I was high on him 2 years ago when he came out of college and now hes going to get a chance....

Between he and McFadden I think you have a decent back but I would still jump at the chance to see if someone will trade a Ronnie Brown or a Willis McGahee

JajJajNew Member
Aug 12, 2008, 11:10 PM

What you actually expect Andre Hall to steal that many carries from Selvin Young?

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 13, 2008, 12:42 AM

"sking29 wrote:

slick I have to disagree with Desides on this one. Now I don't know if McFadden is 5th round talent but if he was your best option then I would have taken him as well.

When looking at Young in Denver I wouldn't put him ahead of McFadden simply because it appears that things in Denver aren't as they were. Any RB doesn't just excel there anymore and McFadden in Oakland will get the bulk of the work over guys like Fargas because of McFadden's high draft status, Al Davis loves him, and Fargas has never been a featured back. McFadden over Young in that instance IMO.

Fred Taylor is on the decline with his age and it is clear that if you had to have a Jag RB that Jones-Drew is the guy to have as he will be getting more and more carries. Once again I would take McFadden.

Jonathon Stewart now he is poised to have some success in Carolina but Carolina just seems to have trouble creating a viable fantasy RB. I mean the last time they had a good running game was with Stephen Davis and Deshaun Foster. Add on top of that Deangalo Williams didn't succeed and you can see a cause for trepidation with Stewart. Although his raw talent may make up for all of that and break the trend. He wouldn't have been a bad pick but McFadden will be better I think.

As for Edgerrin James he is a one time fantasy stud that I have given up on. As a second RB he would be fine but given the choice between him and McFadden I would take McFadden because James just hasn't done much in the desert and the Cardinals are more of a passing team.

I have huge expectations for McFadden this year as I see him as the Adrian Peterson of this year because he just has that raw talent that makes him special. Plus with him coming from the SEC I see him being more NFL tested and ready than say Reggie Bush who basically beat up on Pac 10 teams.

A real good steal as well would have been Matt Forte in Chicago as he I think will do very well. :up:

Well there is my input take it or leave it. :lol:

Thanks man, you share my opinion on a lot of those topics.

"Regan21286 wrote:

After striking gold with Adrian Peterson in a low round myself (who had questions as to whether Chester Taylor would be the starter), I can't say you can ever discount a rookie back. That said, I think it was a bit high but hopefully you have good RB's in front that you can gamble on McFadden and hope he shines over Fargas. It would be to your benefit to add Fargas if available for insurance. But so far, McFadden's shining in preseason so I gotta wonder if he'll eventually be anointed starter.

If Fargas starts: 600 yards 4-6 TD's
If Fargas becomes the backup: 1100 yards 6-7 TD's minimum.

I also hit gold with Peterson last year too. :hi5: Got him in the 5th as well.
Addai is my feature back/work horse so I felt more comfortable gambling on DMF.

"Boik14 wrote:

I happen to LOVE Mcfadden. In 15 years we'll be talking about which uniform hes wearing to canton in my opinion.

But this year in his situation Im not sure what to expect. Im always wary of relying too heavily on rookies at any position, but especially RB's. One their not used to the longer schedule. Two, the pounding the position takes is more gruesome at this level.

If he time shares with Fargas Id go along the lines of:
700 rushing yards/5TD + 40catches/400 yards/3TD

If he doesnt time share with Fargas Id go along the lines of: 1175/10 TD + 60 catches/600 yards 4 TD

However the guy Im really high on for this year is DeAngelo Williams. Hes looked impressive in camp and as a former 1st round pick may finally be coming in to his own. I was high on him 2 years ago when he came out of college and now hes going to get a chance....

Between he and McFadden I think you have a decent back but I would still jump at the chance to see if someone will trade a Ronnie Brown or a Willis McGahee

I was real high on Williams too. I picked him up in the 12th. Like I said above, I do have Addai as my number 1 so I felt like I had room to gamble.

I really cant ignore how high he was taken and Al Davis' man crush on him. I have to believe theyll get him involved in the passing game in the slot when hes not getting carries.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 13, 2008, 12:57 AM

"Jaj wrote:

What you actually expect Andre Hall to steal that many carries from Selvin Young?

I think Hall could get some run there and if he does I think he'll be successful. Hes the quick shifty type of runner that Denver usually until these last few years. Im keeping an eye on that situation since I think hes more talented then either Selvin Young or Ryan Torain...:wink2:

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Aug 13, 2008, 01:03 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

I happen to LOVE Mcfadden. In 15 years we'll be talking about which uniform hes wearing to canton in my opinion.

But this year in his situation Im not sure what to expect. Im always wary of relying too heavily on rookies at any position, but especially RB's. One their not used to the longer schedule. Two, the pounding the position takes is more gruesome at this level.

If he time shares with Fargas Id go along the lines of:
700 rushing yards/5TD + 40catches/400 yards/3TD

If he doesnt time share with Fargas Id go along the lines of: 1175/10 TD + 60 catches/600 yards 4 TD

However the guy Im really high on for this year is DeAngelo Williams. Hes looked impressive in camp and as a former 1st round pick may finally be coming in to his own. I was high on him 2 years ago when he came out of college and now hes going to get a chance....

Between he and McFadden I think you have a decent back but I would still jump at the chance to see if someone will trade a Ronnie Brown or a Willis McGahee

You been drinking tonight bro?
McFadden carries 50% of his weight above his belly-button. He is gonna get knocked the **** out in the NFL. Mark my words. 3 years and done. And in those 3 years he MIGHT put up 1600 yards rushing. :wink2:

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Aug 13, 2008, 01:08 AM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

You been drinking tonight bro?
McFadden carries 50% of his weight above his belly-button. He is gonna get knocked the **** out in the NFL. Mark my words. 3 years and done. And in those 3 years he MIGHT put up 1600 yards rushing. :wink2:

Burst out laughing when I read that. It's exactly the phrase I've been searching for to describe McFadden's NFL career.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

ALalen1New Member
Aug 13, 2008, 04:21 AM

McFadden will be colossal bust in the NFL. Overrated runner imo, just like Reggie Bush was and still is.

JajJajNew Member
Aug 13, 2008, 04:38 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

I think Hall could get some run there and if he does I think he'll be successful. Hes the quick shifty type of runner that Denver usually until these last few years. Im keeping an eye on that situation since I think hes more talented then either Selvin Young or Ryan Torain...:wink2:

Pretty high praise my friend.

However I still believe that Selvin Young is a mighty good RB to acquire.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 13, 2008, 10:47 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

You been drinking tonight bro?
McFadden carries 50% of his weight above his belly-button. He is gonna get knocked the **** out in the NFL. Mark my words. 3 years and done. And in those 3 years he MIGHT put up 1600 yards rushing. :wink2:

Dammit bro, I told you I drink every night! But youre the one doing some intense drinkin if you think McFadden is 3 years and done. The only things 3 years and done are some NFL records...:tongue2:

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 13, 2008, 11:30 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Dammit bro, I told you I drink every night! But youre the one doing some intense drinkin if you think McFadden is 3 years and done. The only things 3 years and done are some NFL records...:tongue2:

What makes you so high on him? Esp this year.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 14, 2008, 12:55 AM

"alen1 wrote:

McFadden will be colossal bust in the NFL. Overrated runner imo, just like Reggie Bush was and still is.

Alen is it impossible for us to agree on anything? :pity:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

ALalen1New Member
Aug 14, 2008, 02:21 AM

"sking29 wrote:

Alen is it impossible for us to agree on anything? :pity:

:yes:

I'm not going to get into this over McFadden lol.

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 14, 2008, 02:27 AM

"alen1 wrote:

:yes:

I'm not going to get into this over McFadden lol.

Come on you know you want to. :tongue2:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

Roman529Roman529New Member
Aug 14, 2008, 03:32 AM

I think McFadden is a big unknown, but he could put up big numbers and I think he is worth the risk as a #2 type back. He will be sharing the load with Fargas, but the Raiders passing game is not that great so I think D-Mac will get plenty of carries, and he should get some pass receptions coming out of the backfield.....I think he could eventually become a Brian Westbrook type runner in a few years. I also think he will have better career than Reggie Bush.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Aug 14, 2008, 10:11 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

What makes you so high on him? Esp this year.

One thing is that Oaklands passing game is limited to the learning curve of JaMarcus Russell so theyre in a similar position as we are; theyre going to run the ball a lot. Two is that I just believe that McFadden's ability is really that good. Three is that if Justin Fargas can go over 1000 rushing then I know McFadden will if hes given the carries. :yes:

ALalen1New Member
Aug 14, 2008, 03:16 PM

Lane Kiffin is expecting 500 yards rushing from McFadden. I know they have packages of him at Quarterback and WR. They also said they would use him on returning duties at times.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Aug 14, 2008, 03:31 PM

"alen1 wrote:

Lane Kiffin is expecting 500 yards rushing from McFadden. I know they have packages of him at Quarterback and WR. They also said they would use him on returning duties at times.

If he could put up 900 all purpose, 50 catches and 6 tds I would be content.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Regan21286Regan21286New Member
Aug 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

"alen1 wrote:

:yes:

I'm not going to get into this over McFadden lol.

Wuss. :up:

Final MCAT attempt 5/28
Results: ???
Goal: 38+, Latest practice tests: 37, 35, 39