What would we incur if we cut Porter after this year?

37 replies

ConuficusConuficusLuxury BoxOP
Mar 27, 2008, 07:57 PM

Just wondering what our cap hit would be if we cut him.

..........."Paging Dr. Clumpy."...........

Miamifan1354Miamifan1354Forum Veteran
Mar 27, 2008, 11:29 PM

Cap Hell....... I'm no Clump, but I think it's like 6+Mill in guarantees that would all be accelerated to this season.

Amazing Sig and Awesome Avy by gi§h

branbranNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 12:07 AM

"Miamifan1354 wrote:

Cap Hell....... I'm no Clump, but I think it's like 6+Mill in guarantees that would all be accelerated to this season.

i think your right i think if he was got the fins would be in a little bit of trouble

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Mar 31, 2008, 12:19 AM

We would be in trouble, not to mention hes easily one of our best players on D at the moment. I think this season could change the opinion that many haters have of him.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

branbranNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 12:31 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

We would be in trouble, not to mention hes easily one of our best players on D at the moment. I think this season could change the opinion that many haters have of him.

i agree i thought joey played really well the second half people forget he had knee surgery before the year and he wasnt 100 percent

but yeah why would we caught one of our best players?

byroan;2178644 wrote:

Tannehill could have had more time had Clabo just fell down and forced Mario to step over him.

ALalen1New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 12:40 AM

"bran wrote:

i agree i thought joey played really well the second half people forget he had knee surgery before the year and he wasnt 100 percent

but yeah why would we caught one of our best players?

I think he might have just thrown that out hypothetically to see the effects on our salary cap.

CLClumpyLuxury Box
Mar 31, 2008, 03:38 AM

His salary in 2008 is guaranteed...........$2 million of his 2009 salary is guaranteed.

I suspect he's with Miami through 2009 season

Proud Adopter of Ray Lucas :tongue2:

Apr 2, 2008, 10:02 AM

Yeah I think we're stuck with him for a bit.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

FiresoleFiresoleNew Member
Apr 2, 2008, 11:47 AM

"Mike13 wrote:

Yeah I think we're stuck with him for a bit.

I think "blessed" would be a better word to use here.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Apr 2, 2008, 02:00 PM

"Mike13 wrote:

Yeah I think we're stuck with him for a bit.

yea we better hurry up and get rid of ronnie, beck, ginn, carey, and allen too. wouldnt want to get stuck with any other good players ya kno.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Apr 4, 2008, 11:45 PM

I'm sorry but Porter was a huge reason why our defense was so poor early on. I think we would love to get rid of him but it just doesn't make sense salary cap wise. He's only going to get worse, his career is all downhill from here. Playing better as the season got more meaningless doesn't inspire me very much, sorry. Not to mention he's an idiot off the field and his mouth is pretty much the only thing in its prime right now.

fins1fins1Forum Veteran
Apr 29, 2008, 11:36 AM

Porter was played out of position early on.

17 - 0
J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK


'34 '38 '61 '10 '13 '15 Stanley Cup Champions

gafinfangafinfanSupporter
Apr 29, 2008, 04:44 PM

Clumpy not to be disrespectful but if we cut JP next year and also move JT next year the savings in Taylor's salary would off set alot of the dead money that Joey would cost us. I really don't think Joey will be here next year because he just doesn't seem like a Parcells kind of guy, at least, to me but what do I know. :wink2:


This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
Apr 29, 2008, 10:56 PM

"gafinfan wrote:

Clumpy not to be disrespectful but if we cut JP next year and also move JT next year the savings in Taylor's salary would off set alot of the dead money that Joey would cost us. I really don't think Joey will be here next year because he just doesn't seem like a Parcells kind of guy, at least, to me but what do I know. :wink2:

Hes a bigger OLB with a nasty attitude. How is that not a BP guy?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

CLClumpyLuxury Box
Apr 30, 2008, 05:01 AM

Porter seems to be exactly the type of LB Parcells likes. Especially if Porter was in his prime. I do not think the salary cap will prevent his release after 2008 season

Proud Adopter of Ray Lucas :tongue2:

Dolfan4LifeDolfan4LifeForum Veteran
May 3, 2008, 07:31 PM

There's no need to cut him, he will be better in a true 3-4 defense this year!

Pray for the lost souls, injured and families that have been affected in the Boston Marathon explosion

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 3, 2008, 07:44 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Hes a bigger OLB with a nasty attitude. How is that not a BP guy?

Pretty much, he also is our pass rush if JT retires, this infatuation with cutting him seems odd.

Who exactly would replace him? Who would rush the passer? What veteran on our "D" is capable of leading and making plays as well?

StylaStylaNew Member
May 3, 2008, 07:46 PM

IMO, Porter will have a pretty solid year. 3-4 might be better suited for him.

Calm Like A Bomb!!!.....:freestyle:

Props to GISH for my avy and badges!

2012-2013 NBA CHAMPIONS MIAMI HEAT!!!

MelbournePhinMelbournePhinNew Member
May 3, 2008, 08:46 PM

im gonna laugh at all the haters when JP has a solid season

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 3, 2008, 10:28 PM

"MelbournePhin wrote:

im gonna laugh at all the haters when JP has a solid season

me too. it seems like that group knows 0 facts about JPs time in Miami.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

bigbucks24bigbucks24Supporter
May 4, 2008, 05:02 PM

"MelbournePhin wrote:

im gonna laugh at all the haters when JP has a solid season

Put me in the camp of "Not a Fan Of Bigmouth Joey" but I think he will have a very good season.

FinFan_Est.1984FinFan_Est.1984New Member
May 5, 2008, 02:10 AM

Joey Porter was the victim of bad coaching decisions. He was placed out of his natural position. In essence they put handcuffs on him and told him to play. Porter was frustrated by this through out the year and his "mouth" did not act out against the coaching staff instead he sucked it up and played to the best of his ability in a way that his abilities were misused. In other words they tried to make Porter fit their scheme instead of letting him do what he does best and that is pressure the QB.

FIRE DAN HENNING BAND WAGON!

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 5, 2008, 03:16 AM

"FinFan_Est.1984 wrote:

Joey Porter was the victim of bad coaching decisions. He was placed out of his natural position. In essence they put handcuffs on him and told him to play. Porter was frustrated by this through out the year and his "mouth" did not act out against the coaching staff instead he sucked it up and played to the best of his ability in a way that his abilities were misused. In other words they tried to make Porter fit their scheme instead of letting him do what he does best and that is pressure the QB.

Actually he did tear Cam apart at the end of the season but otherwise I agree with you. Im anxious to see what he can do at his normal position.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

FinFan_Est.1984FinFan_Est.1984New Member
May 5, 2008, 03:41 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

Actually he did tear Cam apart at the end of the season but otherwise I agree with you. Im anxious to see what he can do at his normal position.

To Porter's credit he was only backing up his team mate Truck Traylor. Cameron had lost control of his team and ended up suspending Traylor for a dispute over dominoes on the team flight. Cameron had lost all respect from the veterans and Joey was just the guy that put the cherry on top.

btw I like your avitar...nice!

FIRE DAN HENNING BAND WAGON!

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 5, 2008, 01:02 PM

"FinFan_Est.1984 wrote:

To Porter's credit he was only backing up his team mate Truck Traylor. Cameron had lost control of his team and ended up suspending Traylor for a dispute over dominoes on the team flight. Cameron had lost all respect from the veterans and Joey was just the guy that put the cherry on top.

btw I like your avitar...nice!

Thanks man,
Yea dont get me started on why Cam was a genius lol. I think JP and BP and the guys can def get along better.

Is that morrison in your avatar?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.