1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Will Be the Next Wrinkle of the Wildcat?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NCFINFAN, Jun 20, 2009.

1. OK guys, lets see who has the most creative minds. Let's see who has the offensive mind to help TS and Henning come up with some new plays. What has yet to be ran out of the wildcat??

I have two plays that I think will work and will post after I see a few others. But lets draw a few plays in the dirt and see what we can come up with.

2. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    [​IMG]

Silverphin and Fin-Omenal like this.
  3. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    We run it on defense:shifty:
    I don't know how to draw in here so I can't show anything.:sad:

4. NolePhin

NolePhin Look out for D-Bess

Apr 27, 2009
    Davie, FL
    Im not sure, but i'd like to see Ginn be used more in the wildcat. Maybe have White take the snap, and then Ronnie lined up as a back with Ricky/Bess wideout one end and Ginn another end.

Or, Ginn takes the snap with Ronnie in the backfield, and have White lined up wide. Have White motion in and he can either take the hand off and run/pass or fake the handoff and give it Ronnie, or just have Ginn run it.

Both of these scenario's have so many different outcomes.

5. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    At some point those safteys who sell out on the run must pay....

Ginn lined up wide....White snaps fakes to Ronnie and launches a deep ball to Ginn, will it work? Maybe 30% of the time....but what it will do is keep the last line of defense from selling out and bumrushing the running lanes.

mullingan, cnc66 and Colorado Dolfan like this.
  6. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Passing, and a lot more of it.

Disnardo likes this.
  7. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Im pretty sure that this offseason they didn't add too much. They barely showed it. We ran like what, 5-6 plays? Players, coaches, everybody insisted there was alot more to it.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

I see Pat and Ronnie lined up next to each other in the back field, Ginn and Bess out wide, Ricky in motion toward the backfield. Center can snap it to either Ronnie or Pat, dependent on what he sees the safety's doing. Or he snaps it to Ronnie one play, Ronnie either runs it or hands off to Pat who passes to Ginn or Bess.

Or snap it to Pat and he either runs or hands off to Ronnie, or passes to Ginn or Bess. Either way with both lined up in the backfield, the opposing D has no idea who we're going to long snap it to - Pat or Ronnie.

9. cdz12250

cdz12250 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Coconut Grove
  10. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    Or good 'ol option spread.

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

I know one personnel package I'd love to see whould simply outsize the defense.

-our standard wildcat front of five O-linemen (offset to right, LT lined up to right of RT)
    - Pat White takes the snap
    - 5 WR spread, two to left, three to right
    - TO LEFT (FROM SIDELINE TOWARDS CENTER) - Patrick Turner , Ernest Wilford
    - TO RIGHT (FROM CENTER OUT TOWARDS SIDELINE) Anthony Fasano, David Martin, Brandon London

I would run this package against anyone with undersized CBs... like the Jets. Sadly, the Pats have a couple 6-plus footers, like Leigh Bodden.

Still, we could run behind this formation with white, or bully the defense in the redzone with size on jump balls or routes where the reciver shields the CB off with his body.

12. Bpk

Another package I'd enjoy watching is as follows:

- typical Wildcat line (as above)
    - Pat White at QB
    - 2 WR to left: Camarillo and Bess
    - To right there are Ronnie Brown (can chip a rusher or go out in pattern), Ted Ginn, and Brian Hartline (I like Ginn inside Hartline because of the potential mismatch if the #1 CB doesn;t switch up to cover Teddy)

This package has SO much quickness it'd be hell to cover. I'd use this against teams who priimarily run a ZONE coverage, or have slower CB's and Safeties.

13. Bpk

Wow... we desrve this sort of awesome offense, the type of offense that you can fantasize about, after enduring Mularkey. Ugh.

He was the most predictable OC I have ever seen... except if he got a 1st and goal to go... then he was the LEAST predictable play caller I had ever seen. Least effective too.

Henning... stay awhile to play with your new toys!

14. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    I don't have any particular play in mind.With that being said,Penny won't(or shouldn't) be on the field for the Wildcat anymore so that gives us another weapon to line up on the outside.Now defenses can't cheat or give Chad a cheap shot either.Opens up that handoff to Ricky on the strongside run also.
    Now that that receiver in Chad's WR spot needs to accounted for.Who is agile enough to spy Pat? Being of the duel threat variety,this leaves so many options open it's almost not fair.We should be able to pick apart all the defenses we play this year "IF" Pat White flourishs at his position.

15. Disnardo

Disnardo Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hialeah, FL
    The WC is still considered a Running Formation...Isn't it???

I would say that it would still be run as such, with a real vertical threat to it this time...

Then on to the thread...the latest wrinkle to it???

Better blocking on the OL, which would give more time to the vertical passing game off of it... or holding the blocks to help the ground game...

I know many will think it White, but I still think it starts up front with good blocking...White is the added bonus to the WC...

We got to remember that after the first Balt game, Defenses blitzed the gaps against us disrupting the WC to a large extent...

Except for the 1st NE game (also one pass from Ronnie to Fassano later on), our passing off the WC were pitches back to Penny...

and Penny was always out as a WR, away from the DL and LB pressure...