What was your first job?

96 replies

KAKanye WestNew MemberOP
Oct 2, 2008, 09:28 PM

My first jonb was being a busboy for Barebones. I am stiill a busboy at barbones. If you ever in Ellicottcity Maryland or Stuart Florida check us out.

Here is a link to our website.
Bare Bones Grill and Brewery

So what was your first job?

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 2, 2008, 09:36 PM

hand...

i was the owner/operator.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

BABaxterLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 09:51 PM

I cut chicken for a fast food chinese restaurant. It was awesome :P
I was 16.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Oct 2, 2008, 09:57 PM

"anlgp wrote:

hand...

i was the owner/operator.

What?

BABaxterLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 10:06 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

What?

I think he was just trying to make a joke.

KAKanye WestNew Member
Oct 2, 2008, 10:08 PM

"Baxter wrote:

I think he was just trying to make a joke.

O right over my head

BABaxterLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 10:15 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

O right over my head

Its funny to teenage boys. or people with a sick sense of humor like myself who understood it.

Fin Fan In CaliFin Fan In CaliLuxury Box
Oct 2, 2008, 10:36 PM

Newspaper boy. For those customers didn't tip, they got an extra hard throw in the early am.:lol: While in high school, I cleaned washers and dryers at a laundry mat before school to have some money in my pocket, and help mom out.:yes:


Rest in peace bigbry and dolphin debby!

KAKanye WestNew Member
Oct 2, 2008, 10:37 PM

"Baxter wrote:

Its funny to teenage boys. or people with a sick sense of humor like myself who understood it.

I get it now

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Oct 2, 2008, 10:42 PM

Worked at a movie theater. Probably cost them money with all the movie watching, stealing and destruction of property i did in all the four months(that felt like a year) i was there.

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 2, 2008, 11:05 PM

my first job with wages was a CVS.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Oct 2, 2008, 11:08 PM

i was a waiter where people got married, had proms ect...

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Oct 3, 2008, 03:42 AM

worked in the produce dept. of our grocery store. oh i miss those days, so much screwing around..

Crappy TipperCrappy TipperNew Member
Oct 3, 2008, 01:20 PM

The first thing I was given compensation for was putting putty in nail holes at the construction sites where my dad ran his painting crews. At 5 I could only reach so high up so there were a lot of nail holes above 4 feet or so.

First paying job was as a yard person for a storage company.

0 Undefeated Teams


Thanks giovafin sweet signature!

HardKoreXXXHardKoreXXXNew Member
Oct 3, 2008, 02:26 PM

I worked in a cubicle at the office building of my dad's company. I think I had just turned 16. HATED IT.

I spent most of my time surfing the internet and talking to the cute girl across the hall... come to think of it thats not too much different from my current job... at least I've shed the cubicle and work at a place with my own office :up:

@BaseyCrock

"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"

KAKanye WestNew Member
Oct 3, 2008, 07:00 PM

"HardKoreXXX wrote:

I worked in a cubicle at the office building of my dad's company. I think I had just turned 16. HATED IT.

I spent most of my time surfing the internet and talking to the cute girl across the hall... come to think of it thats not too much different from my current job... at least I've shed the cubicle and work at a place with my own office :up:

I was getting ready to ask what is the difference between the jobs.

Sethdaddy8Sethdaddy8Forum Veteran
Oct 3, 2008, 10:35 PM

paperboy

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Oct 3, 2008, 10:57 PM

I mowed lawns and other odd jobs like scoreboard keeper for my old Middle/Elementary school. My first real job was a work study job at East Tennessee State University.

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 4, 2008, 06:54 PM

"Sethdaddy8 wrote:

paperboy

Same. 350 papers on my route.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Oct 4, 2008, 07:32 PM

i worked in a warehouse when i was 15 for the summer months and then I started working at stop and shop (supermarket) as a grocery bagger.. Those were some fun times..Dated so many girls from that place.. I used to smoke weed while I pushed carriages. :chuckle:

As the crowd shook

pennphinfanpennphinfanForum Veteran
Oct 5, 2008, 03:29 AM

"FiN.in.RI wrote:

i worked in a warehouse when i was 15 for the summer months and then I started working at stop and shop (supermarket) as a grocery bagger.. Those were some fun times..Dated so many girls from that place.. I used to smoke weed while I pushed carriages. :chuckle:

there was a time when we doused watermelons in lighter fluid and then lit them on fire and hurled them into the parking lot from the roof of the store. that was... interesting. also where i discovered you can make 20 foot plumes of fire with powdered coffee creamer :up:

anlgpanlgpNew Member
Oct 5, 2008, 09:25 AM

also where i discovered you can make 20 foot plumes of fire with powdered coffee creamer

i have a gigantic tub of coffee creamer.... :feedback: <- awesome emote.

"A man's suffering is similar to the behavior of gas. If a certain quantity of gas is pumped into an empty chamber, it will fill the chamber completely and evenly, no matter how big the chamber. Thus, suffering completely fills the human soul and conscious mind, no matter whether the suffering great or little. Therefore, the "size" of human suffering is absolutely relative." - Viktor Frankl

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Oct 5, 2008, 10:22 PM

My first job was at a sporting goods store/batting cage. I eventually worked my way up to "manager".

brandon27brandon27Supporter
Oct 6, 2008, 06:24 PM

my first official job... was at a car dealership, I started in the winter just pushing snow off the cars when it snowed so they were presentable... then I started working there through school, washing cars, and cleaning the shop at night... i stayed there all through highschool, and college, after college i started to sell cars... then i quit there after oh.. 10 years or so, and moved on my my second job... which after 4 years, is still my current job... What a great gig that car dealership was though... cruising around in peoples cars, we dogged it so much there it was ridiculous! alot of funny stories came from working there...


1972 Miami Dolphins-The ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!

opfinisticopfinisticNew Member
Oct 6, 2008, 06:47 PM

Bought candy at Costco and sold it for a profit at school.