1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Time is the Draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by GARDENHEAD, Apr 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone know what time Godell will begin the draft? I know when ESPN's coverage begins, but I'm looking for the time he Commissioner announces that the Lions are on the clock"

Thanks in advance!

2. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    Well, according to NFL.com, the draft begins at 4PM ET. Now, I'm sure there will be some pomp and circumstance. But, I'm thinking that will be more in the way of pre-draft programming (as opposed to a lot of wasted time after 4PM). Matter of fact, and from what I recollect, they don't usually waste much time getting underway. I'd say Detroit should be on the clock by about 4:05-4:10PM at the latest.

Also keep in mind...because they are starting later this year, I doubt they're gonna wanna waste any time getting started.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thankyoumuch.

I'm excited for the draft, but if I'm gonna sit on my rear watching TV for 6+ hours, I want to start when the draft begins, and not watch an additional 30 minutes of pre-game stuff.

4. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    No prob. And, I hear ya. Matter of fact, I just heard on NFLN that they are starting coverage at 11AM! So, that should give you some idea of the pre-draft coverage they are geared up for.

Man, draft day is starting to get the same kind of hype that is usually reserved for the Super Bowl.