1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should we expect from the Wildcat tonight?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CANEPHINS, Nov 19, 2009.

1. CANEPHINS

CANEPHINS No Tats & Dreads Allowed

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Do we take on a more conventional offense and try to utilize the power running of Ricky and stretch the ball downfield with Henne? The big thing with taking away the majority of the Wildcat would be eliminating the a lot of the underneath passing routes & ball control offense. This would then gives up a look and feel of a more traditional offense. Do we have the team to do this? Sure. Can we? That is something we need to see.

We are down to Ricky and Lex at RB. Before in the wildcat, with everyone healthy, we would have Ricky and Ronnie running it with sometimes a Cobb mix. Not sure if Lex is ready to step into the Ricky/Cobbs dash role of the Wildcat or if Ricky can take that many direct snaps at QB. This would obviously mean more Pat White with Ricky staying in his same dash position.

As much as I can't stand Teddy Drops, he could excel as a misdirect option in both of these offenses. Send him deep in the conventional and use him in the dash with Ricky at QB in the wildcat. The only thing he brings to the table is speed. We might have to use his speed as a decoy since he isn't good for anything else in regards to the offense.

2. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I expect to see very little Wildcat and a lot more of the Pat Pistol Package. When Ricky is the triggerman in the Wildcat, it seems like he never fakes the handoff.

3. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Probably a little less Wildcat.

But I don't think you'll see many deep passes. Probably be a more conservative gameplan.

4. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I think you'll see a more conventional offense tonight. And I don't think it's going to work. I don't think we are going to get a W tonight.

5. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    We're going to see what Dan Henning is really made of. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing, I don't know.

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ronnie made the wildcat, and the wildcat brought out the best in Ronnie brown, without him, forgettaboutit.

Give ricky a few touches there, maybe some goal line situations, and continue to let Pat run his package, his set should not be affected because ronnie really was'nt too involved in his package.

7. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    I'm not a big fan of the Pistol package.......I think we're taking the whole college offense thing a bit too far. I'd much rather use those snaps running the ball and throwing to that new TE.

We need to completely abandon the Pat White as a QB, project.....to me it's a joke. He needs to learn to catch a football or I doubt he's on the roster after next season.

8. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Its such a new frontier were experimenting with here, i would like to see more of it before i make such assumptions.

Themole likes this.
  9. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    So you don't think Ricky getting 20 touches plus would be a good thing? If he had 15 carries and 5 catches out of the backfield...that might be the magic number. I think he probably could handle more that if need be.

10. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Told ya. 24 touches = a win. :up:

11. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I was right about the wildcat, but wrong about the outcome. Ricky and Chad really played well last night...I was impressed!

12. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

I asked Coach Sparano about this subject specifically.. when I get home I will elaborate what I asked.. and what Sparano said.

13. CANEPHINS

Jan 4, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Ricky just can't really be the trigger man for the wildcat. That minus the dash player for the misdirection and it really doesn't work. With Ricky starting we are a more conventional offense. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Still many issues with Henning's playcalling, but we were able to hold on for the win and that is what matters most right now. Still...he needs to get better with is situational calls.