1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should I do?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by alen1, Oct 7, 2008.

1. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Need some advice.

As everyone knows, in school, we copy eachothers work lol. Last week, my friend wanted to copy my work because he missed a couple days and he needed to make it up. Well, I always say yes because for some damn reason I can never say "no," so I gave it to him to copy over the weekend. On Monday, he tells me that he didn't do the work so I asked him for my packet/papers back. He goes on to tell me that he put HIS name on my packet and turned it in. I was furious because that goes on my record as cheating and there goes my college chances. I keep thinking about the worst case scenario and couldn't sleep last night. I was thinking about writing an email to my teacher saying what happened before she ends sending me to the discipline office and I get it worse. I was just going to tell her the truth and if she could forgive me, giving me one more chance. Should I write her the email and just be honest or wait to see if she notices that its mine or his? She's not ******ed so I think she'll figure it out but what should I do?

I know, a lame-*** question but I don't know what to do. Help? Please?

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

be honest.

GoPhins!, gafinfan, Big E and 4 others like this.
  3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    Bro no colleges will hold it agianst you for cheating. But if you think if your teacher will find out email her.

4. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    O number 1 punch the kid in the face.

5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I can't see that happening.

I want to because I feel pretty ****ty to be honest with you but I'm scared as hell to see what she's going to do.

That won't solve anything. Never understood fighting someone other than looking like a badass for a good ten minutes.

gafinfan likes this.
  6. anlgp

better to get it out of the way. if it's what you want to do anyway just bite the bullet.

you will feel better after telling her. after all, you were helping him cheat not that he was helping you.

how's your stance with her otherwise?

Celtkin, PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  7. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    First of all, never ever hand over your homework to anybody, not even your friends. Cheating is bad enough, but when they pull this crap you really can't complain about it later, it's cheating after all. :wink2:

Second, I would talk to your teacher in person, it's shows that you are really manning up and ready to take your lumps. She may go easier on you if you admit it face to face, but no guarantees on that.

Third, don't ever hand over your homework to a friend, I can't stress that enough. He's looking to save his *** and he doesn't give a crap about yours. If he missed a few days he should do what all of us had to do in taht situation, go to the teacher to find out what he missed and if need be borrow notes from somebody so he can do his own work.

Maybe he'll learn his lesson after he submits your work and gets a D-. :tongue2:

GoPhins!, Celtkin, PMZQ and 2 others like this.
  8. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Then why did you say that?

9. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    That's true.

She really likes me for some reason. She's not Debra LeFave, my dream woman though.

10. anlgp

i agree do it in person.

like2god likes this.
  11. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I'm scared as hell and not sure if I have a chance to. She comes in later than me in the morning and at lunch, she's not in the classroom.

12. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Is he a good friend

13. anlgp

email her and tell her you'd like to schedule some time with her to talk about something you would feel better about telling her in person. it's natural to be scared. admitting it shows you're mature enough to recognize that you've done wrong. admitting it in person shows you're not gutless. i know that seems harsh but in todays world it's so easy to text or call or email that doing it in person may just mean that much more to her. especially if you're a younger guy (i'm young at 23 myself).

GoPhins!, dolphindebby, PMZQ and 2 others like this.
  14. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Well that sucks. Tell her the truth, say they you lent your copy so he could study it.

Good luck.

alen1 likes this.
  15. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nah. I don't even like him so I'm not sure why I gave him my HW. Like I said, for some damn reason I can never say no. I wish I was Lucky sometimes.

16. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Then why did you say this alen.

17. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    To be blunt: If you keep bailing out the f**k ups of the world you'll become one of the f**k ups of the world. It often takes two to conspire to cheat and by enabling him it lessens you as a person. Protect yourself, tell them to sponge off somebody else or better yet do the work they are trying to avoid. If you help them cheat they won't learn the s**t they are supposed to and people will wonder how did a person as dumb as a bag of hammers pass the course? By riding on your coat tails - that's how.

GridIronKing34, PMZQ and alen1 like this.
  18. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Because it does go on my record and my chances of getting into a college that I would like take a hit. I have a college visit set up in late Febraury, I don't want them to end up canceling it on me and my dad wondering wtf happened.

19. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    If you want dont ge physical with the kid because I know you dont like that. Just confront him about it or maybe the kid and you and the teacher can have a confrence. He deserves as much the punishment you get.

20. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Dude that wont happen dont worry. Colleges dont hold that agianst you.

21. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Dude don't let anyone walk over you, once it happens it will continue to happen.

22. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    There are so many different ways to go with this one, but I'll let Lucky handle the perverted stuff.

Hey alen, send me $500 bucks. Remember, you cant say no. :up:

Kanye West likes this.
  23. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lol, oh God, shouldn't have said anything. Whose in favor of me talking to the teacher in person or send an email?

24. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Bro, definitely do it in person, it's shows character and that you are taking responsibility. I know that it may be uncomfortable and you're afraid of what will happen, but it's the best way to show your teacher that you are serious. Emails and text messages are too impersonal and this situation needs a personal approach or else the teacher will just feel like you aren't taking it seriously because you won't even take the time out of your day to address it with her.

/serious L2G and back to your regularly scheduled jackass

alen1 likes this.
  25. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for the advice man, I plan on sending an email right now saying if she has a moment at lunch or in the morning to discuss something important.

like2god likes this.
  26. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    good job for saying yes...

i cant stand the kids that wouldn't let me cheat :no:

27. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Don't let society feed you love is peace bull****. Somebody needs to be shown who is boss, and if you let him walk all over you, it's pretty clear who that is.

You got to take what is yours man, by any means necessary.:up:

alen1 likes this.
  28. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Alen remeber the thread I need your help fast. Well there was a life lesson in that thread and I have never forgot them.

-SickFinFan33

alen1 likes this.
  29. like2god

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Yeah alen, and once your suspension is over you can schedule that meeting with your teacher. :pointlol:

30. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    You definately have to do it in person. At least it shows you are taking responsibility for your part in this. Don't send an email to discuss the matter, send one to see if you can set some time aside to discuss things with her, but dont actually bring up the issue at hand unless its face to face. Especially if you and your teacher are on good terms.

As for saying no.... I know what its like sometimes, you just feel like you gotta help someone out, and don't see the harm in it... However I've always felt, theres always times in life when its okay to be selfish and say no. So you dont help the guy out, life goes on, he'll get over it. If not, well what have you really lost? Sounds like he's more of a leech than a friend. Theres always times to put yourself, and your best interests first, and we shouldnt have to feel guilty for it at all....

Honesty, and a face to face chat with your teacher is what you need here...

good luck bro! :up:

alen1 likes this.
  31. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it. I sent the email and I'm waiting for a response. Thanks again.

32. anlgp

np are you going to meet in person or just told her over the email?

33. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Here is what you need to do.

1 Scheduel a meeting with you, the teacher, and the kid that was the d-bag.

2 Tell the teacher what happen.

3 maybe she will let you off the hook.

Just be like well I thought he was just going to use it to look back on and not turn in my work.

34. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks man, appreciate the advice.

In regards to the bold, that's how I feel. My mom is the same way so I guess it was passed down to me. I wish it wasn't lol.

35. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Bro we can let the thread go yt we got to stiaght up kill it. Keep it going.

36. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I sent the email saying that I need to talk to her about something very important and if she had any time to set aside for me to talk to her about it. I didn't tell her what I was going to talk about, I plan on doing that in person.

Thanks again man.

like2god likes this.
  37. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    but in all seriousness, bro i think your worrying about it a little to much..do you goto a private or high class school? i know people who got caught cheating(and me sometimes:pity:) and i never got even introuble at all...how are your grades? if you have really good grades and aren't a trouble maker in class, i'm willing to bet that your teacher won't make an as big of deal as you think she will...but go up to her and talk to her about it, she will be a lot more impressed with your responsibility.

i HATE people, who take advantage of others.

alen1 likes this.
  38. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    yeah I would rat him out to the teacher bro. he screwed you **** him. and you should also stop talking to him hanging out with him, as he is obviously not trust worthy.

and I agree with rbt at least sock him once.........

JCowScot and Kanye West like this.
  39. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    question you don't get any credit for the assignment if you leave it alone right?

40. Kanye West

Mar 23, 2008
    Alen you want me and Lucky to go teach the kid a lesson. Or at least give him a bangcock