1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should happen to JETS tripper Sal Alosi ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by cobrajet, Dec 31, 2010.

1. cobrajet

cobrajet Mr. Ross - sell the team!

Jan 12, 2010
    What should happen to JETS tripper Sal Alosi ?

2. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Body bag.... kidding :shifty:

3. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry everyone - I was trying to do a poll but the new format was fighting me (DAMN IT!)

The poll was supposed to read

1) Be removed from the NFL
    2) Be fined and allowed to stay in the NFL
    3) Be fined and removed from the NFL
    4) Be fined and suspended for a term

Again, sorry about the blown poll.

4. NFL2102

NFL2102 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    We need an "other" option.

Tone_E likes this.
  5. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    It is done. Let it be. He got fined, and the Jets got fined. The NFL reviewed the Jets' tape and either saw similar activity in prior games and thought that the Jets and or a portion of their coaching staff was behind it or they want to make an example of them. Either way, it was a poor judement call by Alosi and he seem genuinely remorseful to me.

Like NFL2102, I'd vote other.

6. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    It's over with. Carroll's not hurt, no damage done. He's been fined and, suspended...I don't see that it's
    worth firing a guy over after a message has been sent. That guy cost the Jets 100K, was it?
    That's not going to set him in good stead with Woody. I imagine he'll get canned over some minor incident in the
    coming year anyways, truth be told.

DolfanJake likes this.
  7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    To be honest, I don't really care what happens to him, we all know he was told to do it.

8. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007

To actually trip the guy? Doubt it. The wall? I believe that, and, moreover, I think it's a
    good idea, and, it's certainly somthing I'd suggest/do. You have every right to stand your ground
    on a spot that you can legally be on.

Did Westhoff tell them to do the wall? I'm absolutely certain he did. Did he tell Alosi to
    trip Carroll? I don't think so.

9. daphins

daphins A-Style

Mar 22, 2008
    I think it was determined that it was against NFL rules to form the wall.

Also I think its a bad idea to have players "standing" their ground with active players running full speed into their sideline. The rule needs to be that sideline personnel and players yield ground to active players. It'd be a pith to see a WR go up for an big ball and get hurt because some 300 OL thought he didn't need to yield ground while he toed the line. What happens beyond the white stripe shouldn't have an affect on the outcome of a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. cobrajet

Jan 12, 2010
    Agreed; this coach was just the fall guy. The order came from higher up as it was obviously scripted. For me the smoking gun were two things that had nothing to do with the trip itself. first: the defender on the inside of Carroll's shoulder literally forces him to the sideline. Before I even knew about the trip I was looking for a flag. Second: was the behavior of the two JET players who hover over Carroll even as he is down and then break off at the exact same time. That tells me not only was this scripted, but it was practiced.

On the grander scope of things the trip play means nothing really, but what is really alarming is that cheating since the 'slap on the wrist' spygate incident is now getting move obvious and more visible. BTW: where was the FLAG? Were the Ref's in on it too?? The NFL had better start getting handle on this crap or it will just continue.

IMHO: the NFL's first stupid thing was spygate, all of the superbowls should have been investigated, since it stole money from other teams it was corporate fraud and there should have been a criminal investigation. When no one at the top of that scandal was held to the fire it gives the rest of the teams the hint that they can basically do anything that they want - result - tripgate. The trip itself means nothing much but the intent of the teams who are finding new ways to cheat is the real issue, This crap has no business in the NFL.

The commish needs to get it through his head that he has to finally investigate and fine someone at the top for a change, only then will this finally stop. Otherwise; since both spygate and tripgate were against us: Maybe we should raise hell with the league or start to cheat ourselves. I guess if you don't really get punished for stealing superbowl's like the Patsies did three times, why not cheat. Maybe that's our problem everyone cheats but us. It's a sad day in the NFL when this obvious corruption surfaces, but it is only the tip of the iceberg.

11. johnfan

johnfan New Member

Dec 30, 2010
    It will be interesting to see if the Jests formally fire him (currently, he is suspended "indefinitely"). My guess is that they're concerned that he'll rat out Wrecks and Westhoff if they let him go.

12. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    He was not fired, he was suspended indefinitely. Which basically means, the Jets determine how long Indefinitely means. He was just doing what he was instructed to do. I imagine we will see him back at Jets training camp once it starts up again and will issue many statements saying how sorry he really is and that will be that. The man evidently does a good job as most of the Jets look in shape. Woody or Rex himself will cover the mans fines imposed by the NFL, Thank him for keeping his mouth shut, give him an under the table bonus and all get together and laugh off how stupid an idea that was and get back to business as usual.

13. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    1. I'm pretty sure that the whole spygate thing came up because the Pats were filming the Jets, not the Dolphins.
    2. Both the Pats (spygate) and the Jets (tripgate) were fined. The Pats as a team were fined, so that would include Kraft. In other words that's as high as it goes. Likewise with the Jets, they were fined, which would (also) include Woody Johnson the owner.
    Do you really believe that the Dolphins' hands are clean?...I don't.

14. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Let it go.

sent from my EVO 4G

15. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    This guy says "execute him!"

[​IMG]

16. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    It's NY.

They'll probably give him the key to the city.

17. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Let it go?

They still show the replay of the 1954 Cotton Bowl incident and you think this will just be "let go".
    Awesome!
    Only a Jet fan would think this was a silly little minor incident deserving of no attention! :lol:

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    [​IMG]

19. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Well, lots of stuff is "Against the rules"...But it's gamesmanship.

I don't have any issue with "the wall". That's something I'd do.
    It's something my HS coach would do. It's something I'd coach.

It's the trip that's at issue. It was dumb and dangerous. IMO, that's
    all Alosi.

20. Darrelle Revis

Darrelle Revis I BELIEVE!

Apr 21, 2010
    New York City
    I find it humerous that this subject still gets brought up here. I hope they fire him and only bring him back next season for both games against the Dolphins and hope he trips Nolan again. Like seriously, stop crying like little babies. The crap is over. Not a big deal; stop trying to make it the worst scene you have ever seen.