1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Pennington Means To Our Offense

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    ATVZ400 likes this.
  2. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Georgia Fin likes this.
  3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    It's almost scary if you think about where we would be right now without him in the locker room.

4. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    I have said it a thousand times. Brett Favre unretiring and going to the Jets was the single best thing to happen to the Phins, from a player standpoint, in a very long time!!!

5. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, any awards depends on what we do the rest of the way, we can't count the proverbial chickens yet....at any rate, I agree that we were very very lucky for him to fall into our hands. He's played at a level higher than any QB we've had here since Danny and he's also a lot of the cause of our offensive resurrection.

However, there are some flaws to his game that most of us don't want to take into account. He does have a weak arm, there's no denying that. The offense is limited due to this issue. It's not that he can't throw it deep or the deep outs, its that he has to be upright and use his whole body to do so. So, there are very many 'impromptu' plays like a Favre, Manning or even McNabb can throw that he physically can't...

His forte is the short passing game that we are running and Henning is a master at calling plays that are within his abilities...but the big play just isn't there often enough due to his weaknesses...That's going to haunt us before the year is over...It's why we struggle with scoring points every week and why we can't put a team away except late in the game...we've had many opportunities to put teams away early and we just can't do it, much of that falls on Penny.

All that said, I'm glad he's here instead of somewhere else. This gives Henne a chance to let the pro game come to him and learn the finer nuances of the game from an expert. It certainly has put our teams progress 'ahead of schedule' from where this regime thought we'd be... You could even say that they could have been much more aggressive in FA and we'd be even better off, if they'd known that we were going to have Penny running the show at that time... As to post season awards, the only one I want is a trip to the playoffs, and I'm sure that's all Penny is thinking about...(besides of course the NE pats this week)

mullingan likes this.