What numbers will the rookies wear?

32 replies

Paul 13Paul 13StaffOP
May 6, 2011, 11:31 AM

That is when they finally get into camp. The official MD site doesn't list them with a number yet, instead they are listed with #0...Even if it did, it could change by the start of the season, isn't that right Sean Smith and Vontae Davis? Anyway, because I'm bored and there's no rookie minicamp this weekend like there normally is (where we'd know what numbers they are wearing)... I need the visual...

-Mike Pouncey, wore #55 in college. I'm going with either 65 or 66.
-Daniel Thomas, wore #8 in college, I could see #28 (currently worn by Nolan Carroll) or #38 (worn by Patrick Cobbs, who is a FA)
-Edmond "Clyde" Gates, also wore #8 in college, as a receiver he could still wear that #, or go with the more traditional number in the 80's. However, we currently don't have a receiver wearing a number in the 80's, they are all tight ends. So I'll go with #8, hey what comes after #7...?? #8... get it?
-Charles Clay, wore #9 in college, tight end... full back... h-back... #49 or #89
-Frank Kearse, wore #90 in college I believe... does Ryan Baker (currently wearing #90) make a deal with him? Can Kearse pay what Ryan wants? Stay tuned! I say no, and he'll be stuck with #98... rookie...
-Jimmy Wilson, wore #18 in college... Safety... Corner?? Likely corner...Going outside the box on this one... #48.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

boournsboournsForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 12:14 PM

Not sure about the others, but I read an article about Pouncey today which stated he will be wearing 53.

Will try and track it down.

Edit: It was one of the daily dolphin articles from today. Cant link it though cause my internet is pooched.

dolfan32323dolfan32323New Member
May 6, 2011, 12:33 PM

isn't hartline in the 80s?

May 6, 2011, 01:10 PM

I'd like to see Gates wear a number in the 80s.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
May 6, 2011, 01:34 PM

What numbers will the rookies wear?

Who cares, none of them are ryan mallet :(

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

ALalen1New Member
May 6, 2011, 01:36 PM

They will wear a number between 1 and 99.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 6, 2011, 01:45 PM

Paul, why would Kearse not be able to get Ryan Baker's #, yet he'd be able to get Odrick's?

I'm also pretty sure WR's can only wear teens and 80's, so Gates couldn't keep #8 like you suggest.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 01:57 PM

"alen1 wrote:

They will wear a number between 1 and 99.


That are not # 12, 13, or 39.

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
May 6, 2011, 02:13 PM

I'm guessing:
65 for Pouncey
48 for Thomas
84 for Gates
49 for Clay


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 6, 2011, 02:18 PM

CClay to wear #21..Jim Kiick's old number.

R&R_ExpressR&R_ExpressNew Member
May 6, 2011, 02:51 PM

"padre31 wrote:

CClay to wear #21..Jim Kiick's old number.

and vontaes CURRENT number

www.surgedigitaldesign.com
Low Cost Custom Websites and Graphics

padre31padre31Luxury Box
May 6, 2011, 02:55 PM

"R&R_Express wrote:

and vontaes CURRENT number


Sorry VD..:lol:

PerfectTeamPerfectTeamForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 02:58 PM

I think Padre is kicking everyone off the team lol. First Odrick and now Vontae lol.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
May 6, 2011, 02:58 PM

Here's a roster for # reference: http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/roster

My guesses would be:

Pouncey #56 - to honor his brother (Maurkice's college number) and centers are allowed to wear numbers in the 50's.
Thomas #38 - likes Steven Jackson, but #39 is retired.
Gates #17 - adds up to 8, and practice squadder Patrick Carter won't be around long.
Clay # 85
Kearse #93 - since Moses isn't rostered, and I doubt Kearse makes the squad anyway.
Wilson #675823013 - okay, kidding. #33

@KevinMD4

boournsboournsForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 03:12 PM
NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
May 6, 2011, 03:14 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think most of them will wear numbers in the double-digits.

ChrisKoChrisKoForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 04:35 PM

"boourns wrote:

Found the article: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/05/06/stuck-in-pittsburgh-during-the-nfl-lockout-new-dolphins-center-mike-pouncey-cant-wait-to-start-his-dolphins-career/

Says Pouncey plans on wearing 53 like his bro.


Not sure about that because he tweeted asking for suggestions just last night.

@MikePouncey Mike Pouncey
Any suggestions on what number i should wear this year?
5 May via Twitter for Android

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 04:55 PM

I want Thomas to wear 32.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 6, 2011, 07:05 PM

"dolfan32323 wrote:

isn't hartline in the 80s?


ah yes... I was only looking at the "active" roster on the MD site... not the injured list down below... that's alot of players on that injured list...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 6, 2011, 07:08 PM

"alen1 wrote:

They will wear a number between 1 and 99.


Thanks for your contribution oh wise one...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 6, 2011, 07:09 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Paul, why would Kearse not be able to get Ryan Baker's #, yet he'd be able to get Odrick's?

I'm also pretty sure WR's can only wear teens and 80's, so Gates couldn't keep #8 like you suggest.


Hey look another correction...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 6, 2011, 07:12 PM

"NaboCane wrote:

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think most of them will wear numbers in the double-digits.


you can now go rub lotion on Alen's ass.

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

Paul 13Paul 13Staff
May 6, 2011, 07:13 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

I want Thomas to wear 32.


why? That makes me have JJ Johnson flashbacks...

Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!

Liverpool FC Discussion Thread

xphinfanxxphinfanxForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 07:45 PM

As long as Marshall don't pawn off Number 19 on Edmond Gates.

Marshall = Hear man you can take it.
Gates = No thanks man you inhearited the lucky #.
Marshall = i'll pay you to take it.
Gates= You ain't strappin that Ginn curse on my back.
Marshall = Damn here carry my pads then.

That's why they play the games!:yes:

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 6, 2011, 07:52 PM

"Paul 13 wrote:

why? That makes me have JJ Johnson flashbacks...


Because all good runningbacks should be #32

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty