1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next for Campbell?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by The_Dark_Knight, Oct 22, 2015.

1. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    The Dolphins won a much needed, emotional game against the Titans following the firing of Joe Philbin and promotion of Dan Campbell as interim head coach. Last Sunday's decisive victory made all of us feel THESE Dolphins were the team we all thought they were, but can it continue?

Next Sunday Miami hosts the struggling Texans, a team in which Miami as traditionally struggled against. Miami is 0-lifetime against the Texans who come into Miami with a 2-4 record and fresh off of a win against Jacksonville. The Texans have one of the league's worst defenses against the run and after last week's performance by Lamar Miller, you would have to assume that Dan Campbell would be directing Bill Lazor to continue the ground onslaught against Houston. We'll see if Miami copies last week's blueprint offensively, or if the Dolphins will mirror their performance against that one Cleveland game, rushing the ball only 7 times against the then 28th ranked defense against the run back in 2009 I believe it was.

Defensively, Miami's defense appeared to be the juggernaut we had expected last week against Tennessee, racking up 6 sacks and the pick 6. Houston has thrown the ball by a 2-1 margin over rushing and with the quarterback debacle in Houston appearing to be over, settling on Hoyer over Mallett, it'll be up to Miami to put pressure on Hoyer to cause him to make the same mistakes in Cleveland that eventually cost him his job there.

I could sit here and break down the other X's and O's, look at stats, etc but with only one win under Campbell's belt it's difficult to gauge whether the Dolphins' victory over the Titans was purely better talent or an emotionally charged effort. It was awesome to see the Dolphins play at the level we did see last week and this week's game will determine if it was a fluke, or if the Dolphins are truly reborn under Campbell.

Bottom line, can Dan Campbell keep the same intensity and level of play for the Dolphins against Houston as he did against Tennessee? If he can, there is indeed hope for the Dolphins to salvage the season and give cause for the Patriots to take seriously the new Dolphins due to come into Foxborough the following week.

Go Phins!!!!!

2. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    My hope is they can follow up with the same effort week in and out win or lose.

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I believe they can. They need to do it fast cause the Patriots play us Thursday after we play Houston. IMO that win was no fluke, they are starting something special here in Miami that should last for a long time.

4. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I believe Campbell played with the same intensity each week, so I believe he will try to get his team to do the same thing.