1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of Dolphins fans are you?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dolfan7171, Nov 22, 2014.

1. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I'm a die hard, hard core and an extreme fan.
    I love this team. No matter what their record says.

2. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I'm from right out of Cincinnati. :hi5: Now I live in Ga.
    I root for Cincinnati Reds, OSU football and of course the Dolphins.
    Love me some Dolphins. Loved them since they played Dallas in the 72 super bowl.
    I know I've said it before but, my son will tell you the only reason I know when he was born. He was born in Oct. of the 72 season.

3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    The IDEAL fan

4. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I would consider you a true fan in that sense.

5. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I became a casual fan of the team during the 84 Super Bowl, when I was seven years old and growing up in West Virginia. For the remainder of the 80s, as most kids are, I wasn't emotionally involved in the team, but I watched games when they were on TV, had Dan Marino posters on my wall, Dolphins bedsheets, shirts, ect.

My deep fandom came in the 1990 playoffs against Kansas City. Emotional, exciting game that we won on a long FG at the end, and at 13 I grew to become an extreme fan. With no internet at that point, and living 1000 miles from Miami, I would do anything available to know about the team. I got Dolphins Digest, spend all of my allowance on football trading cards and in the summer, NFL preview magazines, and I would spend from Saturday morning until after midnight on Monday watching football. I was very deeply emotionally attached to the Fins, and a loss would put me in the dumps or an angry mood until at least Wednesday.

In the late 90s, when I got my first PC and got online, I immediately started posting on Fins message boards (like, literally that night). I had never known another Dolphins fan my entire life, so it was amazing to finally be able to connect with others, and remains that way through today. In 2000, I got my first apartment and car, and on Sundays that I didn't have to work, would go to a sports bar for the first time and actually be able to watch Dolphins games as often as possible. If I was lucky, I saw 12 or so a year instead of 4 or 5, so it was huge.

Then, in 2004, I met my wife. I moved in with her a year later, and as she already had DirecTV, I immediately subscribed to Sunday Ticket so that I could watch games at my own house when I didn't work. Later, when we got DVR, I would record the games and go on "media blackout" until I got home, and watch them at 8pm pretending that it was 1.

While I still care as deeply about the team as I ever have, and wins mean as much to me, since getting married, and then three years ago becoming a father, I no longer let losses get me cranky after the day of the game. I have more in my life now, and so while I'm a huge fan, I'm not as extreme as I once was.

So, for that reason, I consider myself a Diehard.

6. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

yeh..thats why I said Hardcore...

Extreme would be someone who still wears their Phins Zubaz..and I never owned a pair..thank the gods

7. vt_dolfan

I can tell all you this though. No matter where I am..when we finally win that damn ring....Ill be logged on here crying my bawlbaby head off with the rest of you.

If I had the funds..Id throw one hell of a SB party and fly every damn one of you in..no doubt about it.

dolphindebby and TooGoodForDez like this.
  8. LBsFinest

LBsFinest Banned

Jul 24, 2012
    A diehard realist.

9. traderdave

traderdave Football is life

Sep 6, 2014
    South Florida
    Oh geez! Sorry about that guys. At this point, I'd have to be rooting for Dallas, but my wife would be cheering for Miami. I will have to say though, that after next year's season tickets are purchased, the Dolphins will have gotten more $$$ out of me than the Cowboys ever have.

10. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    No other team in my 42 years of life has held my attention and affection more than the Miami Dolphins. Here's hoping we, as a franchise, are back on the map and ready to dominate! Bring back the pride!

11. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I think I love you.

12. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    What part near Cincinnati? I grew up in the Mason/Loveland area by Kings Island amusement park. Now I live just north of downtown.

13. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I lived in the Lakota school district.
    It was in West Chester area.
    I lived in the country. We had horses.
    I have friends up there.
    Now their calling it Liberty Township.
    I haven't been up there in years.
    I lived in Hollywood FL in the in the late 60 and moved to Ga In 71.
    And I didn't like football when I lived in FL, it wasn't until I moved up here and watched the SB when they lost to Dallas. And we drove by the Orange Bowl a lot.

14. RickyNeverInhaled

RickyNeverInhaled Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Alabama
    I am the kind of Dolphin fan that wants a game day thread right now! It's game day baby!

15. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Let's go fins ! ! !

16. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I know exactly where that is. Unbelievable amount of development going on there. Unfortunately, I've yet to see the Dolphins in a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

17. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    I screamed like a woman when Greg Camarillo caught that pass and housed it.

So whatever that makes me.

It's been a long time since the 80's and 90's. The only reason this San Diegan is a Dolphins fan is because I'm anti-bandwagon. Back in 1984/1985 my 2nd grade teacher sent us home with homework. Who is your family's favorite football team? It was Super bowl weekend. Immigrant parents, no favorite team. Young siblings, no favorite team. Only person on TV was Dan Marino. So that Monday my answer was, the Miami Dolphins.

When I actually started watching football a few years later, I stuck with it. Because I'm no bandwagon fan. I'm that stubborn. Even though everyone around is a Charger fan.

So here I am.

dolphindebby and PhinFan1968 like this.
  18. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    I want a good pump up game day thread.

19. vt_dolfan

Really...

20. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I asked my girlfriend what she would classify me as, she said Hardcore-Extreme. "Enough of a fan to know all my facts and slap people down if they are wrong about the team, but you don't go all out on game days.. those people are crazy." (in referencing people that dress up)

21. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    RevRick pretty much summed it up for me. :up:

22. finwin

finwin Active Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Jamestown, NC
    I think if you watch every game like me then you're hardcore/diehard and sometimes I may throw things and often get upset so we probably fall into extreme as well. Butterflies and can't watch with game on the line, I think that also makes us extreme but I don't know what makes up extreme.

23. Kingtut561

Kingtut561 New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    West Palm Beach Fl,
    Hardcore baby. Dolphins for life and the after life.

24. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm definitely hardcore, but not in the way others would define it here. I read almost every breaking news article from reputable sources, I talk to those in the know down in Davie, and I chat with current/former Dolphins on social media as well. At the same time, however, I am a realist and I take the wins and losses in stride...simply because I know how hard it is to win ANY game in today's league. Most of all though, I get anxious every Friday, start counting hours on Saturday and feel frantic on Sunday mornings...especially when my pastor is long-winded. The 4:25 kickoffs like we have today feel like a special type of torture, so I'm definitely of the hardcore variety.

25. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    Hardcore

I don't have the time in my life to look at every single Stat possible to try and prove a point.

26. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Hardcore fans always will go to the games in 90+ degree weather in the sun 45m from the stadium win or lose right?LET'S GO FINS ! ! ! !

27. Griese's Glasses

Griese's Glasses Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Ottawa, ON
    Jaded hardcore, which slots between casual and true hardcore.

28. dolphindebby

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    As I've said I haven't been up there in several. But I had a hard time finding my way around there.
    There was only one high school when I lived there, now there's 2 or 3 different schools there.
    Hope fully you get to see the Dolphin in a SB. And I hope I live long enough to see one two.

29. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    I'm hardcore if that means never missing a game on tv and watching the highlights later on Sunday night, checking for Dolphins team news updates online throughout the day, having Dolphins stuff all over my house during football season and being bummed out for a day after the games we lose.