1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your biggest regret of the off season

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pauly, Jul 28, 2016.

What's your biggest regret of the 2016 off season

1. Not re-signing Lamar Miller

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Not re-signing Rishad Mathews

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not tradingto draft Myles Jack

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Hiring Adam Gase instead of ..........

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. other (please specify)

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    It's start of TC and everything is puppies and flowers and this is going to be THE YEAR! (well at least until the season starts)

So I thought it might be a good time to look at the decisions that we coulda shoulda woulda made.

For me whilst I am down on not re-signing Lamar Miller I think the biggest missed opportunity was not trading up into the end of the first round and taking Myles Jack. I'd have preferred getting him at the end of the 1st round than at top of the 2nd because of the extra year on 1st round contracts. While I do like the Howard and Carroo picks, I think using the resource we used to get them into to get a trade for Myles Jack would have helped us more.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    I agree with both those.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I'm going to say not resigning Miller. All he wanted was assurance that he was going to be used like a true starting running back. He wasn't convinced that was going to happen so I believe that is why he didn't resign.

Ophinerated and dolphin25 like this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Miller as well for me

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

5. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Losing Lamar Miller and it's not even close. In fact, I don't even think there's another thing that I regret.

We have a lot of talent at WR and added to it by drafting Leonte Carroo. So losing Matthews doesn't bother me.

Adam Gase was always at the top of my wish list.

Myles Jack would have been nice, but the best OL prospect in the draft fell to us so you have to be thrilled with how it played out.

But our RB committee is questionable. I like Jay Ajayi but can he handle the work load? Will Kenyan Drake turn out to be the right pick? Does Arian Foster have anything left in the tank? A lot of questions that could have been avoided by re-signing Miller.

6. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    With Myles Jack I was specifically saying not trading up to #30 or #31 in the first round to get him is my regret. I loved being able to snag Tunsil at #13, and would pick him at #13 over Jack any day of the week. It's just that LB has been such a problem for us since Wheeler/Ellerbe that I desperately wanted him when he was available at the bottom of the first/top of the second.

Ophinerated and dolfan7171 like this.
  7. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    other - I am going to be upset if we don't go ahead and make trade for Jimmy Graham

8. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I feel that letting Miller walk is the biggest failure to retain a free agent in team history. It was so foolish that its indefensible, and it almost certainly will hurt the team in 2016 while at the same time making a conference rival stronger. If we fail to get one of the top RBs in next April's draft, then it will also be something that likely haunts the team for a few years, as young as Miller is.

9. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I have to agree with not signing Miller. This coach and this offense seems like Miller would have been the perfect piece.

Ophinerated and Finster like this.
  10. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    It's Miller for me.

Ophinerated likes this.
  11. Surfs Up 99

Surfs Up 99 Team Flores & Team Tua

May 5, 2016
    I picked OTHER because I would have liked to see them address DT. We need a legit run stuffer next to Suh.

My other off topic regret was joining Fin Heaven. There are some nice folks there, and nothing against them, but there are certain posters who dominate most of the threads that are so negative about anything and everything it's suffocating.

P h i N s A N i T y likes this.
  12. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Definitely Myles Jack. I just don't think Howard will have no where near the impact and hate that they refused to trade what was necessary just because they didn't want to miss out on Howard.

13. Pauly

Nov 29, 2007
    This sums up my regret. The talent drop from Myles Jack to the next best LB is much bigger than the talent drops ar CB or RB.