1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is The Rule For Excerpting Articles Etc?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by Bpk, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Spent an hour posting a very condensed version of three pressers, about 60% of their original length, if that. The posts got deleted with only a couple lines at the beginning left.

So I don;t waste time again can someone clarify what we are allowed to say if we want fellow posters to see what was said in an article? Is the rule just a link and the first three to ten lines?

Also, please let me know if I can paraphrase what was discussed in an article. Not quoting it all, but doing bullt point paraphrase, about 10-20% of the actual article content. Is that not allowed?

Again, if I can;t summarize an article (since that post was mostly deleted too) should I just put a link and say "Go read it"?

Kind mystified, because this is the first itme I've seen this happen.

To be clear NONE of the above were cut and pasted in their entirety. All posts began with the link to the "Full Article". What should I do differently?

2. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Usually 10 to 20% of the article is the limit, I think. Obviously it depends on the article but thats my understanding.

Bpk likes this.
  3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Okay. Thanks.