1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is BILL Thinking

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finserg, Oct 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Just wanted to throw a few thing out there thats been bothering me about

Bill Parcel

:tantrum:

1.Never addressed or Wr position

2.Gives a draft pick away when there were other options in which we could of kept our pick.

3.Special team still needs help

4.No sign of ronnie talks,not that i want to over pay but no back up plan if we decide not to sign him.

( Ricky is only playing 1 more year)

2. TiP54

TiP54 Bad Reputation

Nov 25, 2007
    Live from the Internet.
    We drafted two. One is starting, and looks like he will seriously be contending for #1 spot.
    He also robbed the Redskins for a second round pick.
    They do, but last week they improved.
    Tackling needs improving.
    Even if they are...im sure Bill wouldn't be announcing it.
    Im sure he has given it a thought or two already.

It's okay.
    Really.
    Take a deep breath, we will be fine :up:

Go Dolphins! :hi5:

3. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Of course there are some small issues that should be addressed but i dont think they are the ones you brought up

4. PerfectTeam

PerfectTeam Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    1. We have addressed the receiver position. I think we are going to continue addressing it again. I think this overreaction to the Edwards trade.

2. What draft pick did we give away? As far as picks go, we always seem accumulate more picks than we give away.

3. Special Teams are getting better since we aren't continually churning the bottom of the roster again. We do need a returner though.

4. Did you hear of the Camarillo talks or Will Allen talks? It's not something they announce. If we don't sign him long term, there is always the franchise tag.

adamprez2003 and late again like this.
  5. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Bill doesn't like WRs. I guarantee you the man doesn't think they're that important to a football team. He would never go for a big time WR who thinks hes a star. NEVER. He hated TO. If he Crabtree did to us what he did to SF, Bill wouldn't have signed him. Parcells will never go for the big name WRs. He LOVES guys like Camarillo, Hartline and Bess. These are all hes looking for at WR.

As for the Ronnie talks, i think that has a lot to do with the CBA. If the CBA isn't renewed, Ronnies under contract for another year (Restricted FA). If it is renewed, Ronnies a FA. It's a very odd situation. Neither Parcells or Ronnies agent would be smart to agree on a contract until thats settled first. unfortunately.

6. Lt Dan

Lt Dan Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    Eglin AFB, Fl
    I'll trust Bill over some random fan on a message board:up:

7. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas
    Didn't he draft Keyshawn Johnson number 1 overall?

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    I believe in #2 he was talking about the Pat White pick. It still confuses me too.

first&goal likes this.
  9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not to worry

Bill knows football
    & all the little secrets that you don't
    we'll be just fine

in Parcells we trust

10. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    How about we look at it this way ... if RB wasn't running the WC for us, would we value him the same? Our FOs history would dictate, NO; which is another reason we found a way to keep Hilliard this year.

When you look at our QB > WR production last year, and where we ended up ... would you have thought that more important than improving our DBs? We were making do with our WRs, and drafted some improvements ... we were getting killed in the secondary -- not a hard choice.

Maybe we just need a new coach for our STs ... i don't think it is a personnel issue ...

Nobody has an answer to PW ... maybe he will answer our questions next year -- but it certainly won't happen this year.

gunn34 likes this.
  11. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

In 1996 (the year Johnson was drafted) Parcells was with the Patriots.

edit:

at least according to wikipedia, but my mind is saying that those two have a connection somehow.

maybe he went from Pats to Jets inbetween 2006-2007 and in that year he is the one who selected Johnson.

double edit:

i think it's because he played for parcells for 3 years. i don't think parcells drafted him.

Ultra and TheAnswer385 like this.
  12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not everything Parcells does is going to make sense to us fans. Also, just like anybody, he's human and not perfect. But trust me. He knows what he's doing.

adamprez2003, dolfan7171 and Jeffrey like this.
  13. Ultra

Ultra Lazy

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas

ah, I believe you are correct. My point was more to make that Parcells does care about WRs, since he specifically brought him to Dallas and then made comments about him having a spot on the Phins if he wanted it...

link

anlgp likes this.
  14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Were you the one who's sig used to say?

"SABAN IS GOD"

15. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I agree about the WR thing. We need to spend a pick or some FA money on a true number one WR.

jetssuck likes this.
  16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Imo parcells has done an excellent Job leading our franchise out of the abyss, i respect him and his talents tremendously, i have always felt like that even when he was not ours.

Iam damn grateful for what he has accomplished in two years here..

Hes given us great young fresh groceries..

A tough Head coach thats smart, and who cares about his players.

An up and coming General manager. {see below}

The compact explosiveness of Vontae Davs..my favorite disease..

The elegance of Sean Smith.A.K.A..the guy's like a freakin octopus on the field, a true space invader of a corner.

The premiere Left Tackle in the game.

A Possible a nice looking true, young, future QB.

2 big cornerstone defensive ends.

The legendary Donald Thomas, lol.

The #1 rushing team in the NFL..

Jason taylor and a free 2nd round pick.

An AFC east division championship

An identity.

A future.

A code to respect..

I urge you not to give up on Pat white, or to worry about the resigning of ronnie brown...

Wonder what we'll look like in another 2 years.

dolfan7171 and jetssuck like this.
  17. dolfan7171

dolfan7171 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Arizona
    I love every bit of what you said. That was great. It has gotten hyped for the Jets/Dolphins game.

I think the Dolphins will be the most dominant team in the NFL in two years.

djphinfan, Jeffrey and jetssuck like this.
  18. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I think all you have to do is think of the void left by the terrible drafts that have plagued this team for years. Because of the poor drafting the cupboard was bare and there wasn't a group of young players waiting in the wings. Just look at all the young and talented young players that have been brought in since Parcells, Ireland and Sparano arrived. Has it been perfect drafts? No but it was the two best drafts that we have had in a long, long time. I think a lot of people were disappointed that we didn't draft the popular choice which was Matt Ryan but Parcells has a vision of what we need to improve and he is sticking to it.
    I don't think Parcells will be here long so we better enjoy it while we can. I think Sparano and Ireland are doing a good job but they sure have Parcells influence and guidance behind them and we wouldn't have them if it wasn't for Parcells

19. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Very well then in Bill i trust :yahoo:

djphinfan and TiP54 like this.
  20. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    We're faithful. We all believe. We all believe in Bill.

21. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    :lol:

22. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Banned

Oct 8, 2009
    God doesn't like Nick Satan.

23. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Its not about just having blind faith, Parcells is not perfect, and iam sure will continue to make some mistakes here and there, {and i will point them out if they become an inordinate amount of mistakes} but for me, i think the man is the best football mind i've ever seen in all my years...the intelligence, and the effect his presense has on grown men, to me is 2nd to none. I feel like he wants to make an example of our team for the rest of the league to envy...i dont think he'll stop until he reaches his goal of a modern day dominating franchise.

I trust the old fart.

jetssuck likes this.
  24. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    There are some things I don't like....I'm not over thrilled so far with some of the FA moves. I feel they got in too much of a hurry to fill holes to try and defend the AFC east title.

However.....BP snatched us from the swirling waters as this franchise was being flushed down the toilet and for that I am forever thankful.

But he better get me a play making WR next year or I'm gonna be PISSED...lol