1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I'd love to see the Phins do at QB

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by nyfinzfan, Aug 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Dolphins shall rise!

Mar 25, 2008
    Albion NY
    Pennington is the starter and that was a nice move. With Ricky and Ronnie running he just needs to be efficient on third downs. I think he will. Henne I like alot and really wanted us to draft. I think he sits as #2 and learns from Chad...he's gonna be a good one in a year or so. Now here's my monkey wrench. Although I'm a big Beck fan I can see the writing on the wall. Get something for him...either a useful player or a pick. Then release McCown (he's a never was). Now here's the fun part. Theres now way Eric Ainge makes the Jets. He was my 2nd favorite qb in the draft. I say claim him on waivers and make him the third. I know him and Henne are rooks and thats dangerous but hell if Chad gets hurt throw Henne in the fire...its not like Mccown would save our season or that were going to the big dance. I think that would be as good a stable of qbs weve had here ever!!! Anyone else like Ainge?:up:

2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    nope

3. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I don't know about Ainge. Here's a question for you. If Henne plays like he did Saturday, does he become by week 1, 2nd on the depth chart behind Penny? He's currently listed as 4th behind McCown and Beck.

4. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I don't see the point in releasing Beck to bring in Ainge. Beck is familiar with the system and has a year under his belt. I'm not familiar with Ainge really, but what has he shown to prove he would do any better than Beck or McCown as a backup?

5. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Ainge has been a bust at jets camp, mentally and physically. No way he ends up here.

Superself, WharfRat and njfinfan like this.
  6. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    Thanks Greg. You should know being up here with me. Whenever I have the news on and they start to say anything about the Jets, I mute the television. They're getting exceedingly nauseating in their praise of the Favre deal. It's driving me nuts. :up:

jason8er and NJFINSFAN1 like this.
  7. Dorfdad

Dorfdad Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Here is what I would like to see happen. Pennington Starts the season and regardless if it's game 1 or game 16 if were going into the forth quarter and we have a 13 point lead on any team we put Henne in there and get him some real game experience on the fast track..

Yes it's a bit risky but we need to get Henne into the games as fast as possible. Pennington's record speaks for itself and I do not think we will see 16 games played by him this year. Injuries do happen and Henne needs to see REAL defensive teams blitzing and read coverages ingame...

This is what im hoping for!

8. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    What's even more sickening is how good Farve looked :sad:

The Jets are not happy with Ainge, but I could also see them cutting Clemens who is losing out the Brett # 2 for the backup job.

njfinfan likes this.
  9. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I think the premise was to trade Beck.. get something of value.. which we won't get for mccown, and simply take a chance on Henne

nyfinzfan and njfinfan like this.
  10. njfinfan

njfinfan The First Lady

Nov 23, 2007
    Newark, NJ
    I know - I don't watch either. I busy myself elsewhere. Next I'll be hearing from my friend that they're definitely going to the Super Bowl. :sad:

11. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Mary, I think our qb's are still being listed by seniority....

nyfinzfan and njfinfan like this.
  12. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    Honestly I say make it simple and have Pennington start, Henne be the back up, Beck as the third QB, and release McCown. That gives depth at least. :yes:

13. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

There will always be a need for QBs. I believe there were 68 different QBs that started last year. A few were designed but most were because of injury. Looking at this area this year there are several teams that really need a quality backup. Including the best teams out there, that is why I'm wondering why so many, me including, are willing to let Johnny or Josh go. I can think of at least 5 or 6 teams that will snatch John up before the ink drys including NE. Even Josh will look good to some of those teams if you consider what they now have.

Take a moment and think; just how many Quality backup QBs are in this league right now? I can think of only 6 or 7 guys, there may be more but I would bet not many.

All this puts me in a real quandry, for John's sake I would love to see him go somewhere and have success, but for this team I hate to see any talent wasted because you can never have enough. Just remember without a great backup our 72 Dolphins would have never made it 17-0.

14. nyfinzfan

nyfinzfan Dolphins shall rise!

Mar 25, 2008
    Albion NY
    That is something I did not know! :no:

15. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    My scenario. Penny #1. Beck #2. Henne #3. That way when Penny goes down, Beck may not step up, or he might. We know McCown can be ok, but not great. There is no risk, and no return either. With Beck, it'll be risk vs. reward, but the reward may be great.