1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Happens If We Lose To The Jags?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Berezo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Just a question that has stuck in my mind all week. I am thinking that if we lose to the Jags on Sunday, will anybody have to pay the price? Will anybody care? Will we lose more fans? I really hope that we pull out a win on Sunday. I think a loss sets the franchise back, especially if Henne wins in our stadium. Some of you will disagree and flame me, have at it...but I think a loss this week might do more damage than normal.

2. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I don't think it's likely they lose to the Jags, but if they do, heads will roll.

oakelmpine and SICK like this.
  3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Same thing that usually happens after a loss around here. We'll look to fire and crucify every last person on Dolphins staff. But especially Jeff Ireland we'll want him burnt alive. Then, blow up the entire roster immediately, repopulating it in the coming offsseason and then rebuild expectations of 12 wins for next year.

4. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Not s single **** will be given that day. For real though, we could use the draft pick the next few loses could bring. Ever since the week after the bye, I could care less anymore about '12. The team sucks and the offense is boring me to tears.

NolesNPhinsFan and Aquafin like this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    We'll lose more season ticket holders, and we can't afford that..

I question everything if they lose against Henne at home.

Bpk likes this.
  6. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    armageddon.

7. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Wonder if we will see many Henne jerseys out at the game? Wonder if anyone will be there at all to be honest.

Bpk likes this.
  8. dWreck

dWreck formerly dcaf

Oct 23, 2011
    Sebring, FL
    i'm going to the game, and i'm 5-0 so far at the games ive gone to. We are gunna beat em up.

But yeah... if not.... Armageddon sounds about right

Bpk likes this.
  9. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I dont think Henne is capable of beating the Dolphins, but, I know the Dolphins are fully capable of beating themselves.

cdz12250 likes this.
  10. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    If the headline reads...

"Henne gets revenge as Jags edge out Phins"

I will not come on the board for about a week.

RevRick likes this.
  11. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    :omg:

More or less this.

12. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    Then we're 5-9.

GMJohnson and Fin D like this.
  13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I would believe in the coaching staff even less since there is no way this team is less talented than Jax.

Bpk likes this.
  14. Berezo

Berezo Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    and that's the sad reality

15. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Not really that much happier than 6-8

16. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    They have a better receivers unit. Our offensive line is at best a tossup now that Jake Long is out and probably a little bit worse. They do the same thing on the defensive line that we do...stop the run. The big weakness for them was rushing the passer but they just added Jason Babin to do that and already in just his 2nd game he had a great day against the Jets with a sack-strip-recovery on Mark Sanchez. Their linebackers unit is purely better than ours, I don't know what the ratings and stats say but I don't care because I've watched their games and their linebackers are a pleasure to watch in action. Our secondary is not exactly head and shoulders above theirs when you consider we have to put Nolan Carroll, Jimmy Wilson, Chris Clemons and R.J. Stanford out there for 120 to 230 snaps a game.

I think overall our team is better talented but the margin is not so much that a funky ball bounce couldn't lose the game.

17. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    It would be a reality check for all those involved with the org.
    Hopefully it will result in some significant changes .Half *** measures will not do it.

18. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    If we lose this week Ireland and Philbin will be let go,RT will be cut and we will have new uniforms next week.Lets hope for thew best.

19. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I do believe a loss to the Jaguars would indeed be a "reality check" for the organization.

Armando came out with his article saying that a source inside the Miami building has told him that to that point (Dolphins being 5-7 and about to play the 49ers), Steve Ross had not expressed any dissatisfaction with his GM or intention to fire him. But the source noted that there's still four games to play and if the Dolphins tank that will indeed be revisited. I said this back when that article came out, a multiple touchdown loss to the 49ers and a surprise loss at home to Chad Henne and the Jaguars, and Armando may want to take another temperature check because that seat should get pretty hot.

And think about the WAY that the Jaguars would beat us. It would be Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon making big plays against us that constitute the difference in the ball game. It would be Jason Babin blowing by Nate Garner for a sack-strip at the exact wrong moment. The way that they would potentially beat us, would drive home the point that Miami doesn't have enough of these kinds of players.

Bpk and ssmiami like this.
  20. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    If we lose:

[​IMG]

21. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    If we lose we can always blame it on the Henne.

firedan likes this.
  22. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    They allow 145 yards per game with 4.2 yards per carry. Their defensive line is MUCH worse at stopping the run. Also for being clearly better, that also looks bad at their supposedly better linebackers.

Funky ball bounces lose the game for most teams. Like it did when they beat the Colts and almost beat the Texans. If Miami is playing well as a well coached team should play, then they should beat the Jaguars, unless there is just tons of bad luck.

23. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

jsizzle and Bpk like this.
  24. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I wonder if Vegas is accounting for the loss of any home field advantage when they are making lines in Miami.

Bpk likes this.
  25. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    All I can say on the linebackers is you have to actually watch them play, and run stopping is really just one aspect of the position.

And now I hear Davone Bess is expected to not play this weekend.

26. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    With Jason Trusnik possibly in at linebacker instead of Koa Misi, with Jonathan Martin having to switch to left tackle in place of Jake Long, with Nate Garner on the field at right tackle in place of Jonathan Martin, with Davone Bess out of the game, and with Nolan Carroll and R.J. Stanford rotating as your #2 corner...I don't know how anyone looks at the Dolphins' lineups and the Jaguars' lineups and says that if the Jaguars beat the Dolphins it will definitely be a poor reflection on the coaching.

The Dolphins probably have the weakest or second weakest tackle tandem in football, with Davone Bess out they have by far the weakest receivers unit in football, they have the least productive tight ends unit in football, they can't figure out who their running back is, their quarterback is a rookie, one of their starting linebackers is a big time liability, and all in all they have to have a bottom 5 or maybe if you're lucky bottom 10 corner unit in the NFL.

Bpk, Serpico Jones and ssmiami like this.
  27. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That is true, however it is one aspect they are absolutely terrible about.

I just saw that. Now we will see how good of coaches they are.

28. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The Italian stallion just declared from north Carolina.

29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I am not an expert on the Jaguars, however just looking at their injury report, they have 17 players who are out. Richard Jennings, who I know is pretty good, is doubtful. Greg Jones and Dwight Lowery as doubtful. Plus some other pretty good players as questionable.

They are 30th in scoring, 29th is points allowed.

They are 31st in the league in yards per play (Dolphins are 26th). Their defense is worse than the Dolphins in both yards per attempt and yards per rush. They are statically worse in almost every stat that the NFL keeps.

If it is not because of talent, they must be the worst coached team in the NFL.

Bpk likes this.
  30. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I don't think you should refer to them as "absolutely terrible" in that aspect of the game unless you watch them play a lot. They're really not.

31. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I think people would over-react and make many stupid statements on message boards.

jsizzle, xphinfanx, gunsmithx and 3 others like this.
  32. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Henne has beaten the Dolphins multiple times throughout his career :lol:

RGF, gandalfin, Aqua4Ever04 and 3 others like this.
  33. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I don't think losing to the Jags is that unlikely. Miami generally not very good at home after a west coast game.

34. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think you're referring to Rashad Jennings, who has been absolutely terrible in place of Maurice Jones-Drew. Even if he were healthy he'd have arguably lost his job by now with Montell Owens averaging 5.7 yards per carry behind the same line that Rashad is averaging 2.8 yards per carry behind. Maurice Jones-Drew by the way was averaging 4.8 yards per carry behind that same line so the suggestion (to me) is not that Owens' numbers are a fluke but rather Jennings has just been that bad. He's their Daniel Thomas.

And to pretend that the Jaguars are the same team with Chad Henne under center that they were under Blaine Gabbert would be a mistake, IMO. Both of these teams have changed throughout the season. Since Henne took over they've averaged a more respectable 23 points per game in four games and gotten a boost to total yards per play. When Cecil Shorts is also in the game they're even better. And as I said, they've had a serious drag on the offense in the form of Rashad Jennings that they've now been unshackled from. Montell Owens ran 14 times for 91 yards and 1 TD against the Jets last week, but Cecil Shorts didn't play in that game. It's entirely possible their offense does better than you'd think against us, especially with Chad Henne extra motivated. We don't have the players to just step on their throats regardless.

Bpk and ssmiami like this.
  35. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The last time the Dolphins played a West Coast game then had a home game the following week was 2010. They beat the Raiders then came home and lost to the Browns. Before that, they played San Diego in 2009 (lost) then came home and beat the Bills 38-10 the next week.

So not really sure where you get that from.

36. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    You are like a horror writer. You forgot to throw in Brian Hartline falling down with a clear path to the EZ

37. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    The Dolphins are favored by I believe a touchdown. There's a reason for that. Miami players felt they were competitive in the NE and SF games, both were opponents that are generally out blowing opponents out of the water. The previous week they beat a playoff team. The Dolphins come home and finally get to play a crappier opponent again, and they're likely to take out some of their angst on a team that by all means could be the worst in football even if they are better with Henne.

But with Davone Bess out making our receivers unit the worst in football, the worst or second worst tackle tandem in football, a crappy corner unit that relies on waiver wire guys going up against a healthy combination of Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon, a rookie quarterback, their addition of Jason Babin, and Chad Henne being extra motivated...I just don't see these declarations that a loss in this game would be a direct reflection of the coaching staff. That's my disagreement.

38. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I think our defense can shut them down, Henne is gonna stay on his spot mostly and that will be a hell of a welcomed change..

If the dolphins lose this game it's because their thinking about others destinations, golf, they don't like the coach, or it's impossible to get motivated at home in front of 40 thousand.

39. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Based on what? How much of what you think about this defense and this team is outdated?

This isn't the same defensive line. Randy Starks and Paul Soliai are overworked and haven't been playing well the last few games. Starks a -5.3 PFF grade over the last six games, Soliai a -2.3 over the same time period, and both players having to play 30% and 40% (respectively) more snaps than they did a year ago. Over the past four games our vaunted run defense (which was clearly top 2 or 3 at the beginning of the season) has allowed 487 rushing yards on 111 carries. The worst performance came in the last game, and you can DIRECTLY attribute it (literally, the Kaepernick TD run and several other plays) to Jason Trusnik who likely will still be playing this week.

Is the secondary making up for that recent weakness? No. Sean Smith is gradually performing worse. He had a +7.8 grade on PFF in the first 7 games this year and has a -10.2 in the 6 games since. He's troughing. Nolan Carroll is sharing time with R.J. Stanford (a fresh waiver wire pickup) because the coaches lack confidence in him. Jimmy Wilson is not a good nickel corner. Chris Clemons is not a good safety. Any wonder Colin Kaepernick had a 100 passer rating against the defense and Russell Wilson had a 126 rating?

Then you flip to the offensive side of the ball and I'm going to tell you right now a team with the worst or second worst tackle tandem in football, and the worst or second worst receivers unit in football (sans Davone Bess), without a consistent ground game and with a rookie QB throwing the ball...be objective here, man. If this were a team playing the Dolphins you'd be laughing at that offense.