What drives me nuts about this team

22 replies

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum VeteranOP
Oct 30, 2011, 10:23 PM

I can't ever be happy when we get a lead in a game. We score a TD....apathy. I don't get excited in the least bit. Up 14-3....I have nothing. Nothing except I know that we will blow the lead every single time. That is the only given. No lead is ever safe. This team has broken my spirit.

dWreckdWreckNew Member
Oct 30, 2011, 10:24 PM

SssssssssssssssFffffffffffffffffLlllllllllllllllll


The KRAKEN! Still proving doubters wrong on the weekly.
Get well soon Tanny. #ThatsMyQB

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 10:30 PM

"dcafiero wrote:

SssssssssssssssFffffffffffffffffLlllllllllllllllll

Only thing that keeps me going at this point.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 10:42 PM

I'm indifferent about anything they do now. I don't root for them to lose, but when they score or even when they went up 14-3, I felt like I was watching a game in which the Phins weren't involved in. I just didn't feel any elation.

CANEPHINSCANEPHINSForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 10:45 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

I'm indifferent about anything they do now. I don't root for them to lose, but when they score or even when they went up 14-3, I felt like I was watching a game in which the Phins weren't involved in. I just didn't feel any elation.

Exactly.

RoninFin4RoninFin4Supporter
Oct 30, 2011, 10:46 PM

Only another 2.5 months or so of Tony Sparano at the most. There's light at the end of the tunnel yet.

@KevinMD4

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 30, 2011, 10:52 PM

Guess I'm glad that I get excited when we score a TD or take the lead still.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

AquafinAquafinNew Member
Oct 30, 2011, 11:00 PM

I know one thing at least under Dave we scored more the 17 points a game and we actually did beat somebody. Sparano is the worst coach next to cam but its close.:sad:

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 11:06 PM

"CANEPHINS wrote:

I can't ever be happy when we get a lead in a game. We score a TD....apathy. I don't get excited in the least bit. Up 14-3....I have nothing. Nothing except I know that we will blow the lead every single time. That is the only given. No lead is ever safe. This team has broken my spirit.

I hear ya.
Indifference. It's the worse thing you can feel as a fan.

gamblerxgamblerxNew Member
Oct 30, 2011, 11:28 PM

Really, I was on the Suck 4 Luck bandwagon since Week 1, I just don't care, just end the season and go the draft. There's no point for discuss about this team since we all know there's going to be a "clean house."

aesopaesopForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 11:30 PM

"Stitches wrote:

Guess I'm glad that I get excited when we score a TD or take the lead still.

JimTossJimTossForum Veteran
Oct 30, 2011, 11:38 PM

I root for the Dolphins to win every game.

Dolphins lose and I'm miserable.
If the Dolphins find some way to win (forfeit?) I will be miserable that we lose Luck.

Catch 22.

Colorado DolfanColorado DolfanNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 01:06 AM

"JimToss wrote:

I root for the Dolphins to win every game.

Dolphins lose and I'm miserable.
If the Dolphins find some way to win (forfeit?) I will be miserable that we lose Luck.

Catch 22.

I'm with you on rooting for the 'Phins to win every game... But when they lose, it just doesn't hurt anymore...

Get dirty, get bloody, get sweaty...

...get happy.

-Cam Wake

RunRickyRunRunRickyRunNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 02:05 AM

Long story short- this **** is enough.

I find myself now rooting for whats happened in the Cleveland, Denver, and Giants games--- signs of life and failure at the end.

I'm torn, I find silver lining in those types of losses because I feel were a QB away, but I feel like **** because I feel like I'm rooting for failure.

I love my Dolphins, but this **** has to end. Indy needs to go on a streak, and let me root for a victory for once.

Ted Ginn makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcom X.

InfernoOrangeSSInfernoOrangeSSNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 03:14 AM

I have to agree. For years, I put my heart and soul into the Dolphins. Even when we had the Wood-Strock going. Every win made me feel great, and every loss hurt. I can't remember the last time I felt that way about the Dolphins, I am sad to say. I guess it was while we still had Marino. I am hoping there is a major overhaul in the coaching/front office and this team can once again take it's place among the elite of the NFL like we used to be under Shula. I have never pulled for Miami to lose, but I can't say I mind it this year since it get's us closer to Luck. What a crappy predicament to be in. :sad:

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 31, 2011, 03:15 AM

It's not enough to just lose, we have to somehow lose while inflicting harm to the other team. We're in a race for SOS supremacy. So keeping it close while inflicting doubt and taking out a WR is hammy-tastic. St. Louis winning is just icing on the cake. You couldn't script a better suck for Luck campaign.

I'm hoping Pouncey's injury keeps him out for a couple weeks, as the next 2 games are seemingly easier. KC coming off a short week is going to be tough to lose, especially since it is at KC. Washington is going to take some sort of miracle...

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 03:20 AM

When we were up 14-0 that was the happiest moment of the season for me then the Giants scored right before half and I ****ing KNEW what was going to happen in the next half.

electrolyteelectrolyteNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 04:04 AM

"Aquafin wrote:

I know one thing at least under Dave we scored more the 17 points a game and we actually did beat somebody. Sparano is the worst coach next to cam but its close.:sad:

Dave inherited Jimmy Johnson's guys.

Dave was terrible.

JajJajNew Member
Oct 31, 2011, 04:42 AM

Would anyone be surprised if this nightmare with Sparano ended soon. I can see Bowles getting a shot and probably making a few changes. With the head coaching search going terribly it might help.

Bring this man back into the fold if you want some real leadership on this team.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 31, 2011, 04:43 AM

"electrolyte wrote:

Dave inherited Jimmy Johnson's guys.

Dave was terrible.

Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Tim Bowens, Madison and Surtain. Zach was borderline psychic.

Back to a 4-3?

Rick 1966Rick 1966Forum Veteran
Oct 31, 2011, 06:19 AM

Maybe getting Andrew Luck is the ONLY thing that keeps me even interested in the Dolphins anymore. If we don't get him or at least do something drastic to turn this team around in a very visible and obvious way...I may just stop being a fan of pro football altogether.

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 31, 2011, 08:48 AM

"TungstenGT wrote:

I have to agree. For years, I put my heart and soul into the Dolphins. Even when we had the Wood-Strock going. Every win made me feel great, and every loss hurt. I can't remember the last time I felt that way about the Dolphins, I am sad to say. I guess it was while we still had Marino. I am hoping there is a major overhaul in the coaching/front office and this team can once again take it's place among the elite of the NFL like we used to be under Shula. I have never pulled for Miami to lose, but I can't say I mind it this year since it get's us closer to Luck. What a crappy predicament to be in. :sad:

I too hate the fact that there is actually a benefit to seeing the Dolphins end up with the worst record in the NFL. I would much prefer to root for the Dolphins to win, even if it was only to see a few victories this season. The fact is though, the Dolphins need Luck far more than they need to win one or two games this season. It is no longer about the 2011 season but rather the long term future of the Dolphins. Wanting Andrew Luck to be the QB of the Dolphins means the Dolphins need to lose. As a long time Dolphin fan, hoping for failure by my team on Sunday's is difficult, but the major failure after this season is complete would be if the Dolphins are unable to draft the franchise QB they so desperately need.

AbideN703AbideN703New Member
Oct 31, 2011, 10:13 AM

I wasn't thrilled with the lead either. I knew they'd blow it at some point. Losing by 3 to the G-Men at their place is a small accomplishment, I guess. Means jack**** in reality but what else do we have to root for?