1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do if Matt Moore keeps playing this well?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tin Indian, Nov 23, 2011.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Which is a great point, it is not like MMoore is a gallon of milk with an expiration date, he is under contract for 2012, why not do both?

Granted with Henne not really panning out, that will be distasteful for those who want the rook tossed into the fire from Day 1, I'd just point out it did not work for Sanchez.

2. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    That's exactly what will probably happen. Moore and the rookie will compete in camp.

And right now we have the 5th pick I believe. Big win by Redskins to get to 4. And the teams that would be in front of us (Rams, Panthers and maybe Vikings?) have QB's they recently drafted. Luck would be one thing, but to pick Barkley or RG3 when you just drafted QB's who haven't been playing terrible? Not too likely.

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Problem being D1B, we are going to win a couple more games, we are beginning to get down to the point where we can really pay attention to the draft, but Philly and Buffalo and the Raiders and Jest are games we easily can win.

Believe it or not, AZ's win was bigger for us then the Redskins winning.

4. Robert Horry

Robert Horry New Member

Aug 8, 2010

Moore has played well in about 2 of his 8 starts he's had this year. Lets not get exaggerate Moore's performances either.

5. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    On Thanksgiving, I thought Moore's performance was very Henne-like. He couldn't cash in when they were in the redzone. He couldn't make a big throw when he needed it. His numbers look good, but there were a lot of plays missed that could have changed the game in our favor. I criticized Henne for it and Moore doesn't get a free pass either.

MAFishFan, Ozzy and dolfan32323 like this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    A) he's not made 8 starts
    B) he's played as well as anyone in 4 of them
    C) he's already had more 3 Td gms in those 8 then Henne had in 31 starts

I'm not saying "make Moore the guy" am saying he does deserve credit for playing well.

7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    What would you call the throws to Hartline and Marshall?

MMoore did leave some plays on the field, but do keep in mind Dallas was crushing our running game and they are a good Defense, if our D played better in the 2nd half we win it, they folded when it counted, recall we had a lead with 3 minutes left in the gm?

MrClean likes this.
  8. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I recall all of it. However, when you score only 19 points a game and you're 0/4 in the redzone, typically you lose those games. I'm not discounting the defense for giving up 2 leads in the 4th quarter. They're as much to blame as anyone. However, when you score 3 points when you're starting field position is your own 42 yard line in a half. Well, it's just not good enough.

Did he make some throws that made you say, "Boy, we've got something here?" Yes, he did. But, when all he needed to do was hit a simple 7 yard in route, he failed poorly. Who does that sound like? He completes that and Miami may walk away with a W.

Again, I'm not saying the loss is on Moore, just as I said the losses weren't all on Henne, but in a league that judges by wins and losses and the amount of points you score, then 19 points and 3-4 isn't good enough. And that has been the issue with the position, it hasn't been good enough to get Miami to a point where it's consistently winning.

I like Moore and I see no reason why he isn't on the team. For me, he's a much better option than Henne. I've made that clear in the other Moore thread. However, I'm not sold on him yet. He doesn't need to have KC & Buffalo type games, but if he's somewhere in between Dallas and this, then we've got something. And, yes, I realize his QB rating was 98. However, it just wasn't good enough. Or maybe it was just good enough, but is that really what you want out of the position? Just good enough?

dolfan32323 likes this.
  9. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Absolutely awful throws that Marshall and Hartline had to come back and snag despite having their man beat because Moore (and Henne for that matter) can't hit a WR in stride on a go route if their lives were dependent on it.

10. rdhstlr23

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I really disagree with those assessments. Absolutely awful throws are incompletion's or interceptions. On both of those throws Miami had a 50 yard gain and a TD.

The throw to Hartline may have been a TD, had he not had the usual Hartline trip. Th ghost of Marty Booker will forever haunt Miami WR's. The throw Marshall, while a little behind was thrown with great anticipation, allowed Newman no chance to make a play on the ball other than tackle Marshall who still made the brilliant catch. They were both solid throws.

padre31 and MrClean like this.
  11. mbmonk

mbmonk I have no clue

Aug 4, 2008
    My major concern with Moore was the fumbling of the snaps. It might suggest that he was mentally overloaded trying to process all the info before and after the snap and took his eye and mind of the fundamentals of getting the ball before attempting to throw it.

I believe one fumble cost us a TD.

I can't speak for the rest of his play. I only watched up until half time.

12. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    And I really disagree with your assessment. If a WR has his defender beat by 3-4 yards on a go route, you're supposed to throw the ball in front of him. But because Moore is a backup caliber QB, he underthrows the WR by 10 yards and they have to come back and make an incredible catch.

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Then Aaron Rogers must be the worst, he does that all the time.

14. CRAZYFACE

CRAZYFACE Active Member

Sep 13, 2011
    England
    MM is not the QB we need to progress. End of.

15. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    In other words you haven't seen many Packers games. Understood.

16. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    In other words, you like to create things to make a point.

17. dsteve

dsteve Banned

Sep 26, 2011

there's a difference between a back shoulder fade and underthrowing a wide open streak.

18. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Streak? Teams are playing with no clothes now?

19. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    We went from being as close as you can possibly get to one of the best QB's in the NFL (Drew Brees...twice) to debating between Matt Moore and Chad Henne....We are destined to mediocrity and the franchise who sent an Elite future Hall of Famer to another team until we find a QB who can get to that level to lead a team to winning a Super Bowl. Matt Moore is 99% not that QB. Hope he's in the draft, and hope we don't bring someone like Parcells/Ireland or Nick Satan here to run this draft & further f*** us.