What are you playing?

1542 repliesPinned

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Apr 22, 2017, 09:56 PM

Red Faction

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 1, 2017, 08:31 AM

Thanks to Madden 17's deeper editing abilities, I was able to move guys around, extend their contracts, and then sim through the 2016 season, and change my draftees to match our real life ones. After a little work, I have the Fins 2017 roster really close to accurate and ready to go! (and saved, at that point, so I can start over when I want to). I didn't put the effort into changing any other teams to match real life, but it will let me play out the 2017 season without waiting until August to buy the new game. We'll see what new features it offers at that point, or I may pass on getting it just like I did MLB The Show this year.

Not actually really playing Madden right now though. 41 hours into ME:A, and I think that I have a long way to go.

I also found it interesting that Mass Effect: Andromeda and Horizon: Zero Dawn, games that were released weeks apart, both apparently have an important location that has the exact same name. Weird coincidence? I'm not looking deeper into it right now though, since I don't want to spoil the rest of ME:A.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
May 6, 2017, 02:19 PM

Been playing Quake Champions BETA.. Due the NDA I can't really discuss much but it's fucking fantastic.. I've literally woken up in the middle of the night dreaming about it.. Brings me back to my old Quake 1 / Quake 2 days..

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 6, 2017, 06:00 PM

Playing NieR: Automata. It features a hallmark of Yoko Taro's games, or at least the NieR game: you have to replay it multiple times to get the full story and get context for a lot of the events. There are four playthroughs in total. Route A is what was marketed by Square-Enix: you play as 2B and go kill those damned machines who've taken over Earth. Route B shows the events of Route A from the perspective of 9S, your sidekick in Route A. Due to the perspective change, and their later separation, the narrative and gameplay diverges a lot from Route A and you get a lot of context as to what you did and why things happened.

I just started Route C, and Route C and D are considered the "true" game. So basically… this game has a 2 part 20 hour prologue before you get to the 2 part 30 hour main game.

Money's worth? Yep.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 6, 2017, 06:45 PM

"Desides wrote:

Playing NieR: Automata. It features a hallmark of Yoko Taro's games, or at least the NieR game: you have to replay it multiple times to get the full story and get context for a lot of the events. There are four playthroughs in total. Route A is what was marketed by Square-Enix: you play as 2B and go kill those damned machines who've taken over Earth. Route B shows the events of Route A from the perspective of 9S, your sidekick in Route A. Due to the perspective change, and their later separation, the narrative and gameplay diverges a lot from Route A and you get a lot of context as to what you did and why things happened.

I just started Route C, and Route C and D are considered the "true" game. So basically… this game has a 2 part 20 hour prologue before you get to the 2 part 30 hour main game.

Money's worth? Yep.

I don't think that I'm going to play it, but can you explain what Neir really is. The previews/reviews are really vague about it. Action RPG? Straight up action game?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 6, 2017, 07:07 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I don't think that I'm going to play it, but can you explain what Neir really is. The previews/reviews are really vague about it. Action RPG? Straight up action game?

Action RPG from the makers of Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, etc. The combat is all real time, the RPG elements come in the form of quests, levels, stats, upgrades. etc.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 6, 2017, 08:57 PM

"Desides wrote:

Action RPG from the makers of Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, etc. The combat is all real time, the RPG elements come in the form of quests, levels, stats, upgrades. etc.

OK thank you. Yeah, certainly not for me.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 7, 2017, 12:54 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

OK thank you. Yeah, certainly not for me.

I think this is a huge mistake.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
May 7, 2017, 01:11 PM

Nier is $37 at Best Buy with GCU right now. I may pick it up.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 7, 2017, 08:47 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

Nier is $37 at Best Buy with GCU right now. I may pick it up.

Worth every cent as long as you are willing to invest yourself in it. Four playthroughs with all side quests is probably about 80 hours. A single playthrough with sidequests is about 15-18 hours.

You don't need to know about Drakengard and the original NieR to play this game but some of the subplots and themes will carry more weight if you know at least about NieR.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
May 8, 2017, 02:52 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

OK thank you. Yeah, certainly not for me.

Uh, I think I could have described Horizon Zero Dawn in similar terms, "The combat is all real time, the RPG elements come in the form of quests, levels, stats, upgrades. etc." Nier will be on my short list of games to grab on sale down the road when I need a new game to play.

Speaking of, I'm the guy who only just got a copy of Uncharted 4 and I'm on chapter 12 or so of that. It was one of those games I meant to pick up sooner but never go around to it. Looks good, but after Horizon Zero Dawn I'm not as impressed as I would have been if I had purchased it last year. Fun game so far, but nothing all that new except the swinging on ropes.

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 8, 2017, 06:57 AM

"Deus ex dolphin wrote:

Uh, I think I could have described Horizon Zero Dawn in similar terms, "The combat is all real time, the RPG elements come in the form of quests, levels, stats, upgrades. etc." Nier will be on my short list of games to grab on sale down the road when I need a new game to play.

Speaking of, I'm the guy who only just got a copy of Uncharted 4 and I'm on chapter 12 or so of that. It was one of those games I meant to pick up sooner but never go around to it. Looks good, but after Horizon Zero Dawn I'm not as impressed as I would have been if I had purchased it last year. Fun game so far, but nothing all that new except the swinging on ropes.

I guess so. But HZD allows you to play cautious and methodical most of the time if you choose to. (and I always do!). Neir, unless I'm reading it wrong, demands that you're able to frequently handle fast paced action, and I'm crap at that. I also like a long, drawn out story that I can dig into in one playthrough. Not bashing Neir in any way. Glad that others enjoy it. But Desides, who I trust, basically confirmed what I was suspecting.

I'm also going to have a change in my personal life where I'm not able to game much for a while in the near future. Hoping to get through ME:A before that happens, then I likely won't be buying any more games until the autumn. Even the FF12 remaster that I've been looking forward to for years.

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
May 8, 2017, 01:19 PM

Valid point, the gameplay style in Nier seems to be about fast combat and attacking not sneaking around. The Nier world looks much more gray than the bright colors of HZD and the game is kind of a sequel to another game I never played. This puts it on my "buy on sale" list, but if we see Spider-Man and Shenmue III late this year? I may not pick Nier up till next year.

Too many good games to play is a GREAT problem to have. Like having too many good pass rushers! :)

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
May 8, 2017, 03:20 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

Nier is $37 at Best Buy with GCU right now. I may pick it up.

Tales of Berseria also on sale for $24 after GCU discount.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 8, 2017, 08:29 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Neir, unless I'm reading it wrong, demands that you're able to frequently handle fast paced action, and I'm crap at that.

There's an easy mode. The game scales to as easy or as hard as you want.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

DAdanmarinoSupporter
May 8, 2017, 09:57 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I guess so. But HZD allows you to play cautious and methodical most of the time if you choose to. (and I always do!). Neir, unless I'm reading it wrong, demands that you're able to frequently handle fast paced action, and I'm crap at that. I also like a long, drawn out story that I can dig into in one playthrough. Not bashing Neir in any way. Glad that others enjoy it. But Desides, who I trust, basically confirmed what I was suspecting.

I'm also going to have a change in my personal life where I'm not able to game much for a while in the near future. Hoping to get through ME:A before that happens, then I likely won't be buying any more games until the autumn. Even the FF12 remaster that I've been looking forward to for years.

Another on the way?

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 8, 2017, 10:30 PM

"danmarino wrote:

Another on the way?

Haha, no no no! We are absolutely done, my two are enough. We're building a new house, and will be spending several months living in my mother in law's basement while that one is being built and our current one is sold. The end result will be a lot of great things, and as far as gaming is concerned I'll have a semi-man cave and broadband internet for the first time since 2005, so thats great.

But for a while, I'll be living with my wife and two small kids in one big open room, so even watching TV will be a challenge after they're supposed to be asleep, and gaming is likely almost totally out. Totally worth it though, to improve our situation in a lot of ways.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
May 9, 2017, 09:36 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Haha, no no no! We are absolutely done, my two are enough. We're building a new house, and will be spending several months living in my mother in law's basement while that one is being built and our current one is sold. The end result will be a lot of great things, and as far as gaming is concerned I'll have a semi-man cave and broadband internet for the first time since 2005, so thats great.

But for a while, I'll be living with my wife and two small kids in one big open room, so even watching TV will be a challenge after they're supposed to be asleep, and gaming is likely almost totally out. Totally worth it though, to improve our situation in a lot of ways.

lol...I'll pray for you.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 9, 2017, 12:17 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

OK thank you. Yeah, certainly not for me.

I'd like to add that there's a demo. Try it out if you're unsure about the combat.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Tone_ETone_ESupporter
May 10, 2017, 11:02 AM

Still stuck on Dota 2 man. Nothing else interests me any more. Not BF1, not Arma 3, not Squad - although new update with Basrah map and vehicle update looks enticing. I am still keeping an eye on Escape from Tarkov but not too hyped after seeing the Beta and Alpha on twitch. Seems like the total map is segmented into smaller areas that you have to escape. Not sure of the dynamics yet, but still keeping an eye on it and when it hits steam I'll give it serious consideration.

Player Unknowns Battleground looks fun too.

Not playing Arma any more because I don't have room on my SSD to update lol. New Jet DLC look pretty slick too. I'm sure you'll have some nice ops involving the carrier Des.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
May 10, 2017, 06:20 PM

Started Prey a few days ago. It's quite good.

BumrushBumrushSupporter
May 13, 2017, 12:46 PM

Quake Champions is now in an open beta form.. For those of you harcore FPS gamers.. For anyone who is noob get ready to get slaughtered badly.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
May 13, 2017, 02:54 PM

"Tone_E wrote:

Not playing Arma any more because I don't have room on my SSD to update lol. New Jet DLC look pretty slick too. I'm sure you'll have some nice ops involving the carrier Des.

My group has kind of moved on from needing a carrier. But it might be nice for the aviation section, although its internal functionality is limited.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Deus ex dolphinDeus ex dolphinForum Veteran
May 13, 2017, 05:47 PM

Finished up Uncharted 4 on Thursday, taking just over 20 hours to do so. Most of the same elements as the earlier games, but done very well and some great graphics too. I really liked the epilogue, as it gave closer to the series.

A terrible play call, terribly executed.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
May 27, 2017, 08:28 PM

My favorite games are Missile Command, Splinter Cell and Need For Speed. Best Buy was giving away 4K TVs so I got one. Xbox had the best deal I could find on a 4K Blu-ray player. It came with Minecraft, Call of Duty Black OPS and Need for Speed Rivals.

Where should I start?



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden