1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about the rest of our Drafted Players Getting Signed?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Jackson, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Ireland Said July 1st if my memory is correct. I may be wrong but I thought he gave himself a deadline of Today to have all the rookies signed. Anyone else remember this?

2. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I remember the article but I dont remember the exact date he said. We really need to get Merling ready asap. If hes completely healthy then he needs to get ready to work so he can see some legit time this season.

Langford and Henne probably wont see much significant time. Langford hopefully before Henne. (assuming Beck runs with the starting job and McCown backs him up all season).

3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
  4. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Yeah, he committed to July 1, but as long as they get signed, it's no big deal. I can't blame him for setting a goal...the fact that he apparently didn't make that goal, at least until TC starts is irrelevant to us as fans...

5. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

As long as all 3 are signed by July 25 I couldn't care less.

6. THCMAN

THCMAN New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Miami
    I remember there was an article with a quote by Henne's agent, who I think is Parcell's agent as well. He said that Henne wouldn't get signed until he got back from his 4th of July vacation at the earliest...

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    He didn't committ to anything IIRC. This wasn't the same thing as it was last year with a hard deadline. All I remember was a target, a goal. That's why he's on vacation. It's like, oh around the 1st I'd like to get it done. Just throwing a date out there.

8. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    Just before TC is fine.

9. Crunkcore

Crunkcore The Crunk One

Jun 17, 2008
    Agreed.

10. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

You're probably right I don't recall exactly what he said and too lazy to look it up, but as I said either way it doesn't really matter so long as they're all in camp on time.

11. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2008/06/dolphins-gm-ire.html
    No direct quote, but Omaah is stating he said he "wants" to wrap up the final picks. Notice that a deadline would only come from the top, and Highzengey and Parcells haven't said squat.

Again, no direct quote, but if you have a deadline for July 1st, you don't turn around and say you feel it'll be wrapped up by Training Camp.

He'll get'r'done. They're all on Vacay right now.