1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about Bill Polian as New GM?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dgb11112, Nov 10, 2013.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I believe there are younger and better GM candidates who will be available after this season. So Polian would be far from by first choice to replace Ireland, but if it comes down to retaining Ireland or hiring Polian. I would take Polian over Ireland any day of the week.

2. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I agree on the Giants guys, or Eric DeCosta, who would be my first choice. I don't get the fuss over Khan. Seen his name mentioned before, but he has never worked in player personnel evaluation side of things has he? The guy who replaces Ireland, needs to be strong on the personnel side.

cuchulainn likes this.
  3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Supposedly a really smart guy who helped built the Saints into a playoff team, then later the Steelers into two SB winners...

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No he hasn't..admin side from all info that's public.same thing with Ball from the packers...I don't get it.

5. phinswolverinesrockets

phinswolverinesrockets If he dies, he dies

Oct 31, 2013
    Houston
    i want matt malaspina, the head national scout for the 49ers. we need a guy who can evaluate talent and has connections all over the country at different colleges, which is something ireland has completely failed at. malaspina has done a helluva job over in san fran...they are loaded.

6. sports24/7

sports24/7 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yep. Put me in the DeCosta camp. That front office should be the model for every front office in the NFL. Obviously Newsome gets (deservedly so) most of the credit, but DeCosta has worked along side him for a very long time and seems like a great choice to me.