1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your predictions for the Dolphins this year?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dorfdad, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Should have kept Raekwon. Baker was always getting out of position and misdiagnosing.

2. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Flores should have crowded the DL earlier in the game.

3. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Rosen Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    They adapted pretty quickly. I give them credit for that, because Gase and Philbin probably would have let the Pats do whatever they wanted all game long.

4. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    They basically did do what they wanted 95% of the game IMO. They just took their merry time doing it and fumbled through the endzone once.

It expectedly looked like preseason.

5. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    They played smart football and took what was there. I dream of the Dolphins one day doing the same.

6. ConvenientTruth

ConvenientTruth Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Florida
    Those 5 wins last season...setting up so many unrealistic expectations...I would say a 7-9 season would be a very good season in this stage of the rebuild. We have made a lot of improvements and as a result, we were not blasted by 40 points in the first week, but this team is still talent deficient.

texanphinatic, Unlucky 13 and KeyFin like this.
  7. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I totally agree. Last year was really a two win club that overachieved a few times at the end.

8. AGuyNamedAlex

AGuyNamedAlex Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I mostly agree, but being honest the only reason we didnt get blasted by 40 was NE taking their sweet time between plays and fumbling it away.

In some ways I found the game less encouraging. When you know what is coming and still cant stop it unless they screw the pooch that isnt good.

Again though it was week one after a strange offseason. I'm not blaming them or judging them on one game, but I didnt necessarily feel better about this week one from an execution standpoint.

Another way to put it was Baltimorebwent for kill shots all day. NE decided to gently poke us repeatedly and play it safe, but it still wasnt encouraging on it's own.

In my opinion of course.