1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"We'll get rid of you" Sparano says

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, May 10, 2009.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Players know from the get go what is expected of them and if they dont like it they can move on.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry_jackson/story/1040571.html

This is a fairless ruthless regime .Vonnie Holliday was sent packing to make room for the young ones even though he was a much admired leader .

Two of the teams icons were sent packing without much regard for tradition.Zach Thomas was not even given a look and they would not put up with JTs prima donna attitude.

They were prepared to let Channing Crowder go elsewhere and they let him know that.

Now they drafted Pat White to compete as a QB one year removed from drafting heir apparent Chad Henne which must make him feel uncomfortable .

Everyone knows where they stand and no one can feel comfortable .Brutal but honest .:up:

2. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    And I'm loving every second of it. The inmates no longer run the asylum. A new warden is in town and he means business :D

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    They are all pieces of meat and you never know when the butcher is going to cut!

CrunchTime likes this.
  4. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    The only way to straighten out the mess that has been created over the past several years of mismanagement. Things were so bad (1-15) that things couldn't be handled with kid gloves and had to be handled bluntly and with tough love.

CrunchTime likes this.
  5. larfo2224

larfo2224 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Box Elder, South Dakota
    I personally think it's a breath of fresh air. Too long have coaches had to ***** foot around the "Stars". Now it is a team concept. They have a proven philosophy that will win in the end, you just have to be ready to work and be disciplined in your actions.

cnc66 and CrunchTime like this.
  6. mikethewreck

mikethewreck just a fan...

May 10, 2009
    Vero Beach, FL
    About time. This is what I admire about NE. It is all about "we" and not about "me". This was my favorite piece of Dolphin news this week. I think this is how we won a lot of games last year, and our key to winning this year. It is how good teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore win consistently. The difference between now and then (Cameron et al) is this coaching mindset.

CrunchTime likes this.
  7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    Thanks CT. Great find. :up:

Without competition within the roster, practice is simply a dress rehearsal. But when you got competition as every position, the players are always forced to play at the top of their game. It's a quick way to weed out the mentally weak without having to find out that he sucks after starting him 30 times.

From a business standpoint it makes sense as well. Four words give the Dolphins all the bargaining power they need at contract time, "We dont need you."

CrunchTime and alen1 like this.
  8. mikethewreck

mikethewreck just a fan...

May 10, 2009
    Vero Beach, FL
    That being said I don't think the Trifecta are heartless. I really think they might have traded for Beck, but cut him to give him a better chance at getting on with Baltimore. It's easier to get someone to accept a gift than it is to get them to buy it. I think that they liked Beck's focus and work ethic, he just wasn't right for the Phins. But they are willing to make the tough choices to make the team better. That has been Parcells hallmark, and now Sparano and Ireland are picking up the torch. It's a tough game, and you have to be tough to play and coach and manage it.

9. bakedmatt

bakedmatt Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Ernest Wilford. :shifty:

10. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    Competition is the Elixir of Success!
    Go Fish!:up: