1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEEK 8: Solutions to Victory! Cincy

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Oct 28, 2010.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Short and sweet edition:

AHHHHH!!!!!!!! What the heck??? Did you see what I saw??? These ref’s are something really special aren’t they? I digress…

WOW! What a difference a week makes! I hope to see that run D for the duration! Nice job, and one of the positives from that utterly frustrating game. And can I say that Wake and Misi are the real deal yet?

Pass D showed weakness against speed and I hope they can mask that somehow. Inefficiency in the red zone really killed the Dolphins. They could have easily dispatched the Steelers early if they would have taken advantage of good field position.

On to Cincinatti…

SOLUTIONS TO VICTORY

DEFENSE
    Double the Diva’s and blitz everyone else! No, you say? Not quite that simple? This week I would like to see Clemons hold down the backfield. Don’t blitz or leave Vontae, Allen or Smith on an island…

Benson is Ricky Jr. let him get going and he’ll have a big day. They have a nice TE and a very speedy #3 receiver in Shipley.

I expect our front seven to bully the O as they showed they were capable last week. Give the backend the advantage when Palmer has the ball and pressure him!

OFFENSE
    Blah, blah, blah, whatever the excuses they need to stop! RUN the ball on this inferior run D! They are descent, but no Pittsburg, etc.! Henning, show some ability as your offensive play calling has been subpar all season. Henne still needs work of course but help him out by calling good plays!

Get the Beast and D’Best involved early and often with sprinklings of Fasano and Hartline and Ronnie.

Final Thoughts
    Just as I said, last week was going to be imperative to be efficient in the red zone and that proved true. Cincy is capable of scoring points quickly so a one or two point lead will be no good at any point of this game!

I want to see this be the week that everything falls in place. Offensive efficiency, Defensive dominance and solid Special Teams…

Go DOLPHINS!

Dolphins 24 Bengals 13

2. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Predictions? thoughts?

3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Offense needs to score some damn Touchdowns. They statistically had better number than the Jets, Patriots, and Steelers yet lost all three of those games because they couldn't get into the end zone. [Okay, they lost the Patriots game because of Special Teams, but still...400 yards and 2 touchdowns??]

Dolphins also have the 10th ranked overall Defense, higher then the Jets and Pats, and 13th ranked overall offense, higher then both again. However, points are what counts, and they rank very low in total points and are the only AFC team to not score 30 points in a game yet.

I never thought the biggest problem facing the Dolphins would be scoring Touchdowns, I would've said the secondary and special teams, but secondary and defense as a whole has been very good, much better than 2009.

HULKFish likes this.