1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEEK 6: Solutions to Victory!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Oct 13, 2010.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    The Dolphins were made ***-hats by the Patsies, and lost a nail-biter to the Jests, get over it…

Did the Special Teams look as if they played for the Patriots? Yes. Did Henne lock on his receiver so tightly that he forgot a defense was out there? Yes. It is now time to move on! I am really tired of all the whining of “Will this be Sparano’s last year?”, and “Should we bench Henne?” etc. The team is 2-2 as many had them at this point, though not in the fashion that it happened and that is good enough, especially with, oh, another 12 games to play!

Fans, strap-up your chin straps and show some faith in your Miami Dolphins! Henne is EASILY our best option at QB and shall redeem himself, I have no doubt about that. Sparano is all the things you want in a coach, and should be given every opportunity to thrive and produce in the mold of the Bill Cowher days in Pittsburg – nice long leash!
    In addition, let me just say this. I, like many others, have no clue as to why the Front Office decided to part-ways with Matt Roth, but I do know I will support their decision. Roth is a hothead; maybe he went off on Ireland or Sparano or really lost all respect somehow. Let us get past it, just as Ginn was excessively high paid for a kick-returner.

Let us just assume the Dolphins will get a resemblance of a Special Teams, much the way they did in 2008. That unit was pretty bad as well, but they patched it up and got the best out of them the second half of the season and oh, won the division.

Here is what we do have…

Brandon Marshall = Best after-the-catch receiver in the league! A BEAST
    Ronnie Brown = Best multi-dimensional back in the league
    Chad Henne = Budding franchise Quarterback
    Davone Bess = Top 3 slot-receiver in the league
    Lou Polite = Best FB in the league (though he didn’t look like it against the Patsies)

Karlos Dansby = Cerebral playmaker and leader of the Defense
    Yeremiah Bell = Better than average SS
    Cam Wake = Budding perennial sack artist
    Kendall Langford = star Defensive End
    Vontae Davis = Budding perennial shut-down corner who hits like a linebacker

Not bad, huh? Are there problems, sure? Henne needs to work on his accuracy and timing with Marshall. Once he starts hitting him on time as he does Bess, they will be a scary combo! Look for the second half of the season to have some real WOW moments. Henning needs to manage his game plan and adjustments a little better as well (do not use the WildCat on 3rd and long unless you have got something special planned).

The Defense needs to dig-in and look at the tape of the first game and a half against the run. Biggest thing missing may prove to be rookie Jared Odrick. I certainly hope he can return this week! This defense is surely better than last year’s version so far. No big plays given up in the passing or running game, they are not getting embarrassed. Nolan is getting good production out of his people and they will only get better!

SOLUTIONS TO VICTORY

DEFENSE

Obviously, the Packers are a really good passing team. If Rodgers is ready to go, as I assume he will be, than this defense better get some pressure or he will pick them apart. Vontae will likely take his side out of the game as he has all season but the other side is a concern as Jason Allen has struggled lately and Sean Smith is gaining back confidence.

Against the run, we need Soliai to show that burst from the preseason. Ike and Misi need to prove they can set the edge and make plays.

If they can force everything underneath as they did against the Patriots, we should be good! That is as long as the Special Teams does not miff the game.

OFFENSE

How about running the ball? Ronnie needs 20 carries a game! That is it, no science needed, just had the ball off and BLOCK! What happened to the maulers from last season? Same Center from much of last season, same dominant LT and RT. I HOPE THAT Jerry gets back this week and Incognito shows some punch. A good running game does many things. Wears down the wheels of the defense, imposes your will on the opposing team.

That being said this O-line better step up in pass blocking as well! As many are aware, Clay Matthews is the leading sacker in the NFL, with 8.5.

Final Thoughts

If Aaron Rodgers is out due to a lingering concussion, this Dolphins team has no excuse but to totally dominate! The Dolphins proved to be road warriors the first two games and better retain that mentality!

SCORE until you can’t score anymore! Don’t slow the game down, DOMINATE! Yes, Henning, I am talking to you. PUNT/KICK as only the last option. Don’t get cute, if something is working, KEEP DOING IT! Pass/Run, whatever…

If Rodgers is in or out this Packers team has been very sloppy at times so remain physical and disciplined as Sparano preaches and we should leave Green Bay with a W!

And no matter HOW LOUD YOU WHINE, it won't help the Dolphins win...

Go DOLPHINS!

Dolphins 24 Packers 13

firedan, muscle979, xphinfanx and 9 others like this.
  2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Nice write up and good read. I'm pumped!

HULKFish likes this.
  3. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Thanks! I was tempted to call this: No Whiners Edition.

4. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    No one has anything to offer?

5. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    My Solution to Victory? Score more points than the other guy. :lol:

SeanP, HULKFish, SICK and 1 other person like this.
  6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stitch!!!!! I was going to write that!!:hi5:

HULKFish likes this.
  7. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Awesome stuff

HULKFish likes this.
  8. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Simple plan... I like it! It's just crazy enough to work!

9. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    nice thought-out piece
    agree with the basic premises
    hope you're absolutely right
    the offensive line should be on the cusp of playing a decent game by now
    takes a while for timing & chemistry to develop
    won't be long to see what we get
    the clock is running & GreenBay next up

HULKFish likes this.
  10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    but honestly just win....thats all, get ball limit TO's, minimum penalties, take advantage of match-ups...jam receivers at the los....and convert 3rd downs....this isnt rocket science...

HULKFish likes this.
  11. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    Yeah man, the Orca's need to emerge from their deep slumber... The rest of the season I'd like to see it! We've got the Steelers and Ravens coming up. Plenty of size and intangibles there.

12. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Play fast..Play physical..and Play pissed off because you owe your fans somethin.

HULKFish likes this.
  13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Football is a simple game of blocking and tackling, do that, we win the game.

HULKFish likes this.
  14. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    What about pitching and catching??? :lol:

I'm pumped... SOAP-BOX TIME!!!

PLODDING BARBARIANS SHALL MARCH ONTO LAMBEAU FIELD WITH FIERY EYES! THE DOLPHINS SHALL FEAST UPON THE SOULS OF CHEESY-GOODNESS LIKE SARDINES! DISHARMONY SHALL WREAK THE DISDAIN OF DISENCHANTED HUNTERS!!! THE WOLVES OF THE SEA WILL SEEK THE BOUNTY OF THE LIMPING PACK, AND SURROUND THEM AS BLOOD IS IN THE WATER!!!! :sweatdrop: