1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEEK 4: Solutions to Victory!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by HULKFish, Oct 1, 2010.

1. HULKFish

HULKFish Artist and Scribe

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    A week ago, it appeared this team was defense first but after a VERY poor showing by the defense and a big week for the offense, it would appear reversed. Sunday night saw a frightening resemblance to last year’s defense, which yielded big-plays and plenty of holes.

Sure, the Jests have a powerful O-line and Sancheese was getting rid of the ball on time. But come on, not one sack or hardly a qb pressure? The Jason Allen of old also emerged and showed weakness in sticking to his man (and the ground) giving up a HUGE, game-changing play and critical first downs. The front seven bended against the run and YB even gave-way allowing a long TD to Keller.

Okay, maybe not all bad; Vontae Davis continues to grow and appears to be a very solid corner now (although his biggest test comes on MNF against Brady and Moss). Cam Wake is also coming along nicely as an every down LB. Not much else can you take from that defensive performance.

The offense over-all was very effective and Henne took a big step forward in his progression. The South Beach Beast showed he was just that and Hartline and Bess proved their worth as well. Henne does need to work on his accuracy throwing the deep ball though as he missed Hartline on what could have been a long TD to open the game and didn’t put the ball on Marshall in-stride on that long, deep-left throw in the third quarter, which would have been a TD.

The Jests blitzed the run all night so the Dolphins took what they gave them. Ronnie evidently had a hammy problem going into the game as well (hope that is cleared up by Monday!). Is it me or has Ricky suddenly aged this season? He has not looked the same this year.

SOLUTIONS TO VICTORY

DEFENSE

Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Gradkowski, yada, yada… The defense will have to take a HUGE step forward to slow this offense down! It’s going to start with sound technique and fundamentals (no slipping!), to limit the points this offense can put up.

You must stop the run first as the Patriots will go with whatever works and if Fred Taylor starts finding holes or breaking tackles it could be a long night. That being said, the Patriots don’t have the Jests O-line so Misi, Wake and Dansby should have a LOT more success, not to mention Starks and the occasional blitzing DB.

Nolan doesn’t have a great record against the Patsies so he’ll need to study. Pressuring the QB should be the TOP priority. Clemons will likely have to stay deep the entirety of the game as Brady loves to go deep to Moss and they have had a LOT of success doing that against the Dolphins! The best way to disrupt Moss has always been to interrupt him at the LOS and stay physical and hit him a lot. Welker on the other hand, just has to be contained as most of his receptions are underneath. Don’t allow him room to wiggle! Overall the Dolphins have had the most success against Brady when they are able to pressure him with 4 and drop the rest into coverage.

OFFENSE

In the words of the immortal Mr. Miagi, “BALANCE DANIEL-SON!” This offense needs to attain Balance! Start with Ronnie, if his hammy is good-to-go than he needs twenty carries! Ricky, you have had a worrisome start to this season but you LOVE to play the Patriots!

Henne, keep up the progression! Those were some impressive stats last week and you need to continue to grow. ACCURACY on those DEEP ROUTES (did I mention that?)! Quick read and release, spread the ball around…

Brandon Marshall. WOW! Is this guy amazing or what? 10 receptions, 166 yards and a TD!!! And it would likely be more if Henne had been a tad more accurate. Obviously, the Patsies will try to slow him down, but let’s be real! He is a Beast! Keep letting him do what he does and we’ll be alright.

I would still love to see Ronnie utilized in the passing game a bit more. I don’t mean dump-offs either; motioning wide and in the flat, in motion.

Overall I believe the Defense takes that lump from last week and builds off of it. The same for the offense who didn’t finish drives and finds a way to put up more points.

Go DOLPHINS!

Dolphins 31 Patsies 27

2. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    I'm hearing crickets...

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    LOL..

What up hulk, people have not recovered yet, it's like were waiting to see monday night where were gonna go as a team and a fanbase..{To howl, or not to howl, lol}...their hurt because they wanted to make a difference, and the team let them down, it's all good..

we get to see what are team is made of..

HULKFish likes this.
  4. HULKFish

Apr 30, 2008
    Central FL
    LOL! You're right... I feel the same way! As a matter of fact I'd rather loose any other game in the season than the JESTS! But, you gotta pick yourself up, look at your positives and move on!

That said, if we loose to the Patsies I'm gonna freak! The rest of the division games on the road in the dead of winter... Not good.

5. huck1974

huck1974 FU Gene Steratore

Mar 22, 2008
    Missouri
    Cut his curly locks and he will lose his strength.