1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 2 - Miami @ Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan1968, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    At this stage of his career, because of age and his declining ability, along with nagging injuries, the Dolphins would be lucky if another team offered them more than a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

Of course since it appears this team isn't going anywhere this year except higher up the draft board, I wouldn't be opposed to trading Wake for a late round pick.

2. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    You are 100% correct.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Id hate to be FinD when you get ahold of him tonight.

Fin D likes this.
  4. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    This team needs a lot of things. Offensive line is the top need.

5. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    When does the Heat season start?

6. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    I'm not expecting anything back for him. I just want to see him end his career well. Not on this crap team and horrid coaching staff.

7. Kud_II

Kud_II Realist Division

Oct 15, 2011
    Seneca, SC
    Miami has the Lolphins... a mediocre team
    We take the ball to 3 and outs like no one's even seen.
    We're in reverse, fans on the edge, our owner's lost control.
    And when you say Miami, you're talking Loser Bowl.

8. NCPhinFan

NCPhinFan Active Member

Sep 22, 2014
    I said at the start of the game that it is so stupid for us to defer to the second half and let the other team get the ball first to establish tempo and momentum. This has happened twice now and it has been one of the causes of us getting off to a slow start. Great job today by Tannehill, Landry, and Matthews and this loss isn't on them. It is on poor coaching, a poor running game, an overrated defense, and an undisciplined football team...

Boik14, adamprez2003 and PhinFan1968 like this.
  9. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Pretty much what I saw...yep. How many holding calls did friggin James get? 2? 3? Drive killing crap right there.

13 penalties is inexcusable...period. Most of which were VERY inopportune.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  10. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    We lost to a near talentless team that played like it had nothing to lose.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  11. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That kinda sounded like you think I'm gonna play hard to get....which proves you don't know me at all.......

12. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    This team is far from elite.

13. Undisputed

Undisputed Banned

Mar 2, 2015
    That's a good name for a band. "South of Elite"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phins Up Wins Up likes this.
  14. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Three 3 & outs is hardly more than anyone has ever seen.

15. cdnfinfan

cdnfinfan New Member

Oct 6, 2010
    I really hate this thinking.
    we are talking about professional teams. Players, coaches, etc. Talentless?
    bortles is a young competent qb that sometimes reminds me of Big Ben. They have some receivers and if our o line was half as good as theirs we'd be in the playoffs the last few years.
    plus their d line is really good..as we saw last year as well

we need to stop thinking that NFL teams are loaded with talentless players that will lie done because the media doesn't rate them highly.

jacksonville coaching>>>>>miamis

Boik14 likes this.
  16. Phins_Fan_87

Phins_Fan_87 Phins and Heat fan Club Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Weston
    why draft parker if your qb never has time to throw the ball? should have addressed the oline, tanny with 5+ seconds to throw can make any avg wr look good.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  17. Phins Up Wins Up

Phins Up Wins Up Banned

Nov 27, 2014
    I disagree. You don't have to get the ball first to set the tempo. This supposedly great defense and defensive line should be setting the tempo to start the game. Start the game with great field position after a take away or 3 and out but the defense stinks.

18. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Odrick certainly got the last laugh today, meanwhile Suh was completely stonewalled all day. Vernon is playing his way out of a contract and our depth behind them haven't shown much either. Maybe it's the wrong pairings? Who is the best fit next to Suh?

19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    id go with phillips, and bring francis up from the practice squad.

20. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    Francis isn't on the practice squad.

21. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    activate instead of inactive..

22. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Agreed. The lack of innovation is scary. Why the hell did we give a 3rd round pick for Kenny Stills if hes going to sit on the pine? Hes not even being used to stretch the field vertically! We'd rather use old *** Greg Jennings then put some thoroughbreds on the field and try and take the top off a defense.

Its not the pairings, its the scheme and DC. Coyle is a bloody joke of a DC. Hes clearly overmatched there and has been for 3 years. Nothings changed. We could have God playing on the DL and it wouldnt matter with this clown. Hes a position coach and nothing more. Mitchell isnt the problem.

You can go back to week 2 of last year when you had players griping about the scheme when he had Cam Wake cover Joe McKnight in space. Hes gone from a blitz-heavy defense to limiting sub packages and defensive packages but its still the same garbage *** scheme. Its frustrating as heck to watch. If I can see it I know coaches see it. A base 4-3 scheme and hybrid coverage schemes cant work when your front 4 cant stop teh run and thats what youre asking them to do while being great pass rushers. The biggest flaw this scheme has is it plays defense from the safeties up instead of from the front 7 out. Its backwards coordinating.

23. Titleguru

Titleguru New Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Skimming these comments, the blame seems to go around to pretty much the whole team, with the possible exception of Tannehill (I'm still not convinced on him). The reality and distillation of pretty much all the issues comes down to coaching. As an old iron man myself, I can tell you that coaching makes or breaks a team. Players come and players go. Belecheat has lost draft picks and endured investigations and accusations. I'm not his advocate, but the guy finds a way to win consistently. Shula did it, other coaches do it (i.e. are successful without mega-stars). Looking at Mike Wallace, he was brilliant in Pitt, but tanked in Miami. I'm absolutely sold on the Fin's front office. They're smart and brutal. They need to clean house on the coaching side, and not just Phibin. This is not going to be Miami's year and a great deal of talent may flow out of the locker room at the end of this year, as many starters are up for contract renewal (Vernon for instance). Some good players are also going to be shortchanged by poor coaching and this will only exasperate the loss of talent. Several good players gravitated to the Suh acquisition that will not occur next year. Bottom line is that the quicker that Ross acknowledges the mistake and makes preparations to move on, the better.