1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 15 Dolphins “Did you know?”

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Dec 10, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Miami Dolphins Week 15 “Did you know?” - Realfootball365.com

- Miami boasts a top 10 defense in terms of preventing third-down conversions, allowing teams to succeed at just a 37 percent clip. This stat is key; after all, it explains why most of Miami's recent opponents – excluding the Patriots – have had a lot of trouble sustaining drives and scoring touchdowns.

I have some other tidbits like this one. Give the article a quick read and let me know what you think. Thanks!

2. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    good read

I liked this-

The Aqua Crush and hugoguzman like this.
  3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Glad you pointed out the Fins 3rd-down struggles have been easing a bit in the past few games.

hugoguzman likes this.
  4. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    The 49ers are surprisingly stout against the run, as in 1 100 yd rusher in the last ten games, nice catch Hugo.

I hope Henning has a contingency plan for dealing with that fact, bashing Ronnie and Ricky up the A Gap is not going to work on Sunday.

Ophinerated and hugoguzman like this.
  5. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

This should be a very interesting match up on many levels. As far as our running game, there is some hope, because the one big rushing performance that the 49ers "D" has given up was just two weeks ago to Bills RB Marshawn Lynch.

If he and the Bills could do it, then so can the Dolphins.

6. 2xBlown

2xBlown Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I did notice that in the Bills game, they were running Ricky and Ronnie off tackle a lot more than between the guard and center. I don't understand why they didn't do that in the past. Maybe they did and I just didn't notice, but it really stood out last game and they were quite successful. Maybe the loss of Smiley made them rethink about where they wanted to run...

hugoguzman likes this.
  7. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    If I were Sparano and/or Henning, it'd be off-tackle or bust the rest of the season (mixing in occasional runs up the middle).

8. The Aqua Crush

The Aqua Crush New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    If i was henning, and seeing chad's incredible touch on the ball over the LB's but under the safeties, I would be working the screen to ricky and ronnie all week. Esp. in a two back set, fake to one to get Willis to bite, then screen pass to the other. Take willis out of this game as much as possible. Just an idea

Our third down efficiency has been much much better the past few weeks from being horrible at the start.

Our SP teams coverage has been better too.

I didn't know we were so proficient in limiting other teams 3rd down efficiency. That is great we need to keep that up.

Great article hugo

hugoguzman likes this.