Week 13 Flex Deadline
13 replies
We're slated to play the Pats in Miami on December 6 on Sunday Night Football. Its a great matchup, but it is also possible that we would be flexed OUT of the night game.
What's the drop-dead date NBC makes this decision? Thanks. I'm flying in for the game. I can't wait.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
I believe it's two weeks before the game (don't quote me), so if that's the case, the NFL/NBC would have to make a decision by sometime around this Sunday?
Frankly, don't see how they take us out now. If we had lost last night, definitely. Now? This game could mean the division if the Saints and/or Jets come through and beat the Pats the next couple games .... oh, and there's that thing about us beating Buffalo too. But, I believe the decision would be made before the Buffalo game anyway (we need to win anyways, or it will be quite the buzz kill!)
Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/
Follow me @Hotstover
Looking at the schedule, there could be three "threats" I suppose:
-Giants v. Cowboys
-Vikings v. Cardinals
-Eagles v. Falcons
No way they'll put Giants/Cowboys on SNF again. Vikings-Cards could be very interesting and - in some ways - bigger then our game overall, but I believe Fox and CBS can deny one game each weekend (and each team once, or something like that). I'm guessing Fox will want to show that at 4:15.
Eagles-Falcons, eh. I think our game is bigger. So, barring something unforeseen, I think last night's win kept us on schedule. Plus, TV loves an underdog, etc. etc. .....
Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/
Follow me @Hotstover
I read somewhere today (sorry I don't remember where) that they had to make the decision by this coming Tuesday.
"DolfanTom wrote:
Looking at the schedule, there could be three "threats" I suppose:
-Giants v. Cowboys
-Vikings v. Cardinals
-Eagles v. FalconsNo way they'll put Giants/Cowboys on SNF again. Vikings-Cards could be very interesting and - in some ways - bigger then our game overall, but I believe Fox and CBS can deny one game each weekend (and each team once, or something like that). I'm guessing Fox will want to show that at 4:15.
Eagles-Falcons, eh. I think our game is bigger. So, barring something unforeseen, I think last night's win kept us on schedule. Plus, TV loves an underdog, etc. etc. .....
The same article (which I still cannot remember where it was from) said that the Giants/Cowboys was protected and only offered the Viks/Cards as an option.
dolphins have been stellar and fun to watch in every primetime game this year...so cool because we should have several again next year!!
"GoPhins! wrote:
The same article (which I still cannot remember where it was from) said that the Giants/Cowboys was protected and only offered the Viks/Cards as an option.
Just read on NFL.com that it has to be 12 days before the game .... which, yeah, conforms w/ what you heard about Tuesday!
Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/
Follow me @Hotstover
Ok, I found the atricle. It is an article on the Miami Herald Dolphins Football 2009 iphone app. Lets see if I can find it on their site. Yep, here we go.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1343242.html
The NFL and NBC must decide by Tuesday whether to stick with Patriots-Dolphins as Week 13's Sunday night game. The first two flexible-schedule games were kept in place: Eagles-Bears on Sunday and Steelers-Ravens on Nov. 29.
If NBC drops the Dolphins game, the most compelling option Dec. 6 would be Vikings-Cardinals. For that day, Fox protected Cowboys-Giants and CBS protected Titans-Colts, meaning NBC cannot select either.
Thanks, yall. We'll find out on Tuesday then.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"GoPhins! wrote:
Ok, I found the atricle. It is an article on the Miami Herald Dolphins Football 2009 iphone app. Lets see if I can find it on their site. Yep, here we go.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1343242.html
So the Vikes-Cards game isn't blocked .... hmmm.... seeing Brett Favre in prime time might be too much for the NFL to resist :tantrum: I'm surprised Fox blocked Cowboys-Giants as I doubt the NFL would want that one on a second time, plus the Giants are fading. Would have figured Fox would block the Vikes-Cards, which could be a very big game. Darn .....
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
And they're going to assume that we'll beat Buffalo and that might even assume the Saints will beat the Pats. If this happens, they're 7-4 and we're 6-5, so yeah, it's a big game.
The one thing that might hurt us is Ronnie being out and the Wildcat being eliminated. We were kind of the circus of the NFL with that formation and everyone wanted to see the double jointed kid with four arms who was a world glass trapeeze artist.
Without our main attraction, we could get flexed, but the severity of the game is likely too big.
As much as the NFL might want Favre in prime time, they love Brady just as much (they even made a rule for him this year :pointlol:) .... and given our "up and coming" status, they might just leave it alone. I can see this being a tough decision for them!
Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/
Follow me @Hotstover
I think we'll be playing that game for sure. I mean it's an in division game, in a close division, a rematch in south florida, if we beat Buffalo (Which we should), we're coming into it with a 3 game win streak.
The only thing that might limit the billing is Ronnie not being there :-/
"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:
Well would you guys rather be in Primetime or back in the 1:00 slot? I would like to be in Primetime and bust the orange uni's back out. They're like our secret weapon and you know Brady still sees Arturo Freeman in his nightmares.
Yes Yes Yes, prime time it is, in orange! Guaranteed win! :shifty:
Please join us for the #BillsMafiaTakeover, 9/14 in Buffalo!!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/433589416780504/
Follow me @Hotstover
The main thing to remember is that the flex system is not to give NBC the best possible game, but to make sure that there are no late season duds in the prime slot of the schedule. That is why they will not flex the Favres vs. the Cardinals into the slot.
The game stays, period.
That schedule guy that shows up once a year.
"B.Sebo wrote:
The main thing to remember is that the flex system is not to give NBC the best possible game, but to make sure that there are no late season duds in the prime slot of the schedule. That is why they will not flex the Favres vs. the Cardinals into the slot.
The game stays, period.
Good point, and Pats/Dolphins games are almost always close late -- that means good ratings through out the evening.
