Week 12 - Dolphins at Commanders
519 replies
"ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Mike White should of never been the backup.
Betting the Jets wished they had him now.
Lord help us.
"JJ_79 wrote:
My bad with the INTs, guess I read it wrong that evening. Then it’s 14 fumbles and 10 INTs. That’s all I said he has to work on the turnovers because it’s a little to much atm.
He's also had only 10 fumbles. lol (Not all were turnovers)
"danmarino wrote:
He's also had only 10 fumbles. lol (Not all were turnovers)
lol, a fumble is a fumble.
"JJ_79 wrote:
lol, a fumble is a fumble.
Correct. He has 10 fumbles. I think 4 of those fumbles were turnovers.
"danmarino wrote:
Correct. He has 10 fumbles. I think 4 of those fumbles were turnovers.
Great that you cleared that up! My site and Omar Kelly were wrong, that doesn't change the fact that Tua has to work on his ball security, like you also mentioned. Hope this is it now and this thread won't change into a Tua thread till Sunday...
"dolphin25 wrote:
I feel very positive about this game.
I would be shocked if Miami loses this game.
Honestly disappointed if it isn't by 10+
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
I would be shocked if Miami loses this game.
Honestly disappointed if it isn't by 10+
Miami leads the league in making big plays. Washington leads the league in giving up big plays. In this instance, they're aligned with a common pattern. =)
Sam Howell leads the league in passing attempts and passing yards simply because Washington is always playing from behind. This game should not be close unless our defense severely regresses. I'm honestly expecting 28+ from our offense and 14+ from our defense. It's going to be a good day of football.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Miami leads the league in making big plays. Washington leads the league in giving up big plays. In this instance, they're aligned with a common pattern. =)
Sam Howell leads the league in passing attempts and passing yards simply because Washington is always playing from behind. This game should not be close unless our defense severely regresses. I'm honestly expecting 28+ from our offense and 14+ from our defense. It's going to be a good day of football.
if the Dolphins play their game, Tua can have close to 300 at halftime and just sit out most of the second half.
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
The Commanders won’t have first-round pick Emmanuel Forbes to help against the Dolphins passing game on Sunday.
Forbes has been ruled out with an elbow injury. It’s the second straight game that the cornerback will miss, but head coach Ron Rivera said on Friday that he is getting closer to returning.
“Now it’s just a matter of time. If we played next week, I believe he would play,” Rivera said, via Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post.
Defensive end James Smith-Williams (hamstring) will also try to return after the bye week. Center Tyler Larsen (knee) is listed as questionable to play against Miami.
Lots of people will tell you what they think about you and what you shouldn't and should do. Not everyone's thoughts are worth consideration. Don't take criticism from anyone who you wouldn't also go to for advice.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
if the Dolphins play their game, Tua can have close to 300 at halftime and just sit out most of the second half.
I agree. Weather permitting, of course.
Let's go!
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

"KeyFin wrote:
The VAST MAJORITY of Tua's throws should not be thrown by the average QB- we fire into double/triple coverage regularly and it's a recipe for disaster in most cases. In this offense though, with Tua's sniper-like accuracy, he's encouraged to thread the needle and he has to have that confidence to fire.
McDaniel knows that those passes are dangerous but it's a high risk, high reward offense where the ball is coming out ultra fast. If he says, double check the safety or the roaming LB before releasing this throw...then the timing is no longer there and Tua takes the sack. So the coaches can certainly call out bad plays, but I don't think they can be too critical given what they're asking Tua to do with a porous line and a 2.5 second window to throw. He has to fire, even before that window is open sometimes...that's where the magic of this offense comes from.
Would we rather see less INT's? Absolutely. But not at the expense of slowing down this offense.
How come it's taken 2 years for someone to actually address my issue with Tua throwing into those coverages.
As long as McDaniel is fine with it, then who am I to complain.
Thanks Key! That explanation makes a ton of sense.
"dolphin25 wrote:
again, you don't even understand what you say. I stated months ago your reading comprehension was weak, but did not realize it also applied to your own words.
If a poster says, not concerned about interceptions as i dont want the offense slowed down, and you say "I agree 1000%" What else do you think that means?
It means that they aren't concerned with the turnovers, because the positives to those throws are outweighing the potential negatives.
They aren't saying that interceptions don't matter. They are saying that they are an assumed risk behind this offensive line, in this offense.
"resnor wrote:
It means that they aren't concerned with the turnovers, because the positives to those throws are outweighing the potential negatives.
They aren't saying that interceptions don't matter. They are saying that they are an assumed risk behind this offensive line, in this offense.
Excellent explanation. Thank you.
Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.
Latest rain forecast. Hopefully all gone before game time.
[ATTACH:full]
Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.
"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:
Let's go!
Can't wait for game time! Nothing better than a Dolphins game with my two sons!
Film first, numbers second. If the numbers don’t match what is seen on film, something is likely wrong with the numbers.
"resnor wrote:
It means that they aren't concerned with the turnovers, because the positives to those throws are outweighing the potential negatives.
They aren't saying that interceptions don't matter. They are saying that they are an assumed risk behind this offensive line, in this offense.
No one wants their quarterback to throw interceptions but even the great ones are in the top 10 all time in interceptions.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
Not related to this week's game but I found this to be interesting. I'll bet X will renegotiate to stick around unless his performance gets much better and he thinks he can be another team's CB1. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ross isn't still chapped by his holdout two seasons ago and makes the call to release him and eat the dead cap.
"The_Dark_Knight wrote:
No one wants their quarterback to throw interceptions but even the great ones are in the top 10 all time in interceptions.
That's a product of longevity more than anything else, which is why volume stats don't matter that much for QBs. The great ones tend to do better when it comes to INT%, even if INT% is not a great measure in and of itself of how great a QB is.
Oh, and Tua INT% is pretty low. That's really all that should matter.
"cbrad wrote:
That's a product of longevity more than anything else, which is why volume stats don't matter that much for QBs. The great ones tend to do better when it comes to INT%, even if INT% is not a great measure in and of itself of how great a QB is.
Oh, and Tua INT% is pretty low. That's really all that should matter.
The point I was trying to illustrate is that even though no one wants their quarterbacks to throw interceptions, it happens. I can remember Marino had multiple games in which he threw 4, 5 and 6 interceptions in a single game.
Folks are getting wrapped around the axle for the wrong reasons.

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"OwesOwn614 wrote:Not related to this week's game but I found this to be interesting. I'll bet X will renegotiate to stick around unless his performance gets much better and he thinks he can be another team's CB1. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ross isn't still chapped by his holdout two seasons ago and makes the call to release him and eat the dead cap.
That is not the first time he has said that
Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain
I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty
"OwesOwn614 wrote:Not related to this week's game but I found this to be interesting. I'll bet X will renegotiate to stick around unless his performance gets much better and he thinks he can be another team's CB1. With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ross isn't still chapped by his holdout two seasons ago and makes the call to release him and eat the dead cap.
If Omar says “absolutely not “, then there’s a good chance he’s on the team next year, lol.
Let’s go Fins just win baby!