1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 12 - Dolphins at Commanders

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 28, 2023.

1. StaleTacos

StaleTacos Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2022
    I've said I'm a Dolphins fan like a million times. I've been called Jets fan a million times, and have called them crap and said I'm happy they are crap. I still get called a Jets fan. You people are relentless in your stupidity.

dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  2. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I tend to agree with this except he claims to be Dolphins fan. Really at the end of the day it doesn't matter. I'm trying to get this board under a little control. It's not easy.

3. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Stale openly rooting against Tua and the Dolphins the last 3 weeks. It's getting tired now.

I always gave you the benefit of the doubt that you're an actual Dolphins fan. I question it now.

Get over it. You don't have to play this character anymore.

djphinfan, RGF and danmarino like this.
  4. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Just because discussion exists doesn't make it worthwhile. As much as a lack of discussion can drag down a forum, so can a poster who circles the wagons endlessly with bad faith, disingenuous arguments.

djphinfan, Striking and danmarino like this.
  5. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Can you explain why a Dolphin fan would go to a Dolphin board to only talk about why they are bad? In the best season they have had in decades?

The_Dark_Knight and danmarino like this.
  6. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I mean, it's pretty clear that he wants the Dolphins to lose.

djphinfan likes this.
  7. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    You guys need to stop with this narrative. He says he's a Dolphin. Let it go. Future posts will be edited. I don't want to. But it's getting out of hand and turning this into not a fun place. I get upset and riled up too. Did it over the weekend and luckily someone called me on it. So lets stop with the troll and your not a fan stuff please.

dolphin25 likes this.
  8. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    It's not THE way, especially because small sample size is so important one could actually argue one should dismiss every stat from a single game, but efficiency stats are far more correlated with win% than volume stats, so I'd go with passer rating more than any other single stat if you have to choose a stat.

How to compare? Depends on the question. If you just want to see if Tua "struggled" relative to his personal stats (i.e., ignoring everyone else), I'd look at how many standard deviations below his own mean that 77.5 rating was, and it's 1.2 standard deviations below his mean. Maybe translating that to percentiles makes it easier to interpret. That type of performance would be 12th percentile, i.e., expected in at most 12% of cases with Tua. I think that would quality as "struggling" relative to his own typical performance.

Of course you can adjust stats relative to defenses too. The difference between league average passer rating and passer rating allowed by that team could be subtracted first before the calculation. That would make it 22th percentile, etc.

Anyway, those are quick and dirty ways to get an idea of how to compare. You can obviously do this in more sophisticated ways by combining various stats, but first you'd need the weights on those stats from a model that best predicts win%.

danmarino likes this.
  9. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I think cheerleading conversations is rather dull. I rather look at the team critically, and a big concern for me is how they will far against good defenses, because they won't be facing bottom barrel in the playoffs.

They've had the weakest schedule in football. They haven't beaten a winning team this season. If that doesn't concern you, it should.

10. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    He doesn't believe that it can hold up. He's been sold a sack of fake goods before. We all have. He's not being into the "hype". While I strongly disagree with him, (I'm assuming its a him) or his style of posting, he does have a right to the SHOW ME 1st then I will believe it stance. He's not alone but he's allowed to have his opinion as frustrating as it is.

dolphin25 likes this.
  11. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Is it a narrative though?

Regardless, he's on ignore from now on.

12. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    So should they have traded for Deshaun Watson?

13. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Completely unrelated to what I said, but I'll play. Looks like the organization dodged a big bullet based on Watson's play, but it's a long contract. Statistically, I'd be surprised if he went from where he was prior to trade to after, especially at his age, but it's plausible. We'll see.

14. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    At the time MANY people though that would have been a great move. We have endless strings in the archive. Would it turn out the same as it is in Cleveland? Maybe. Maybe not. Different coaches, different schemes, different personnel.

15. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Opinions are one thing, but he doesn't have those. He has an agenda.

Tell me, how is it OK for Mahomes to play badly while blaming it on a lack of WR's, but claim that Tua only plays well because he has WR's? That's just the most recent example. There's tons more. That is NOT what fans do. Jaded fans are all over this board and no one thinks they're not Dolphins fans. Why? Because they are rational.

16. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    A lot of Dolphin fans are probably waiting for the safe to fall on their head but there is a big difference between that and hovering and waiting to mock other fans for actually enjoying watching them play well.

danmarino likes this.
  17. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    It's hilarious to keep bringing up Mahomes in his bad season, while ignoring the QBs that played well against the Jets, the Eagles (there's a lot), and the Chiefs. Stop with the cherrypicking.

18. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    I have only seen one person anywhere think it would have still have been a good idea during this past offseason which is why I mentioned it

19. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    The problem with this is you made this up. I didn't mock other fans. I literally got called out in this thread because I said how great Tyreek Hill is.

Some people want to start fights and then play victim when it doesn't go their way.

Sceeto likes this.
  20. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    That argument doesn't really work because of the constant goalpost moving. Tua has repeatedly "shown him" he can do things that he said he couldn't, wouldn't, or was very unlikely to do. Instead of acknowledging he was wrong and changing his opinion of Tua, it's always another "show me something else", i.e., goalpost moving.

danmarino likes this.
  21. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    I learned something from a book called Emotional Intelligence that stuck with me for years now. "No one can make you feel anything, only yourself can make you feel the way you do." So I choose (most times) not to let others make me feel a certain way. Doesn't always work. Destroyer got under my skin but I look back on it a said to myself - "Self why do you even care what he wrote". And felt better, apologized and moved on.

The_Dark_Knight likes this.
  22. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Last reply to you.

Dolphins, through week 12, played the 15th hardest schedule.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/schedule/strength-of-schedule.html

upload_2023-12-4_13-7-39.png

cbrad likes this.
  23. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    This is it. It will always shift. When the Dolphins beat the Cowboys in a few weeks it will be "let me see him do it on the road in a snow storm".

He's running out of narratives.

danmarino likes this.
  24. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Agreed and calling him out on it is what we do. Just leave the... troll, stupid your not a fan.. out of it and I'm good with it. Not saying you did that BTW.

25. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    49ers opponent records through week 12- 36-33

Dolphins- 35-34

"The Dolphins suck because they only beat bad teams!" lol

RGF likes this.
  26. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  27. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    And you're relentless in pushing your agenda against Tua. It's all you live for at this point.

danmarino likes this.
  28. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    I posted about how great Tyreek is, and got called out on it for not also saying how great Tua is.
    Meanwhile:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2023
  29. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Not sure if danmarino has you now on ignore, but you said "They've had the weakest schedule in football". That's what he responded to. Let's not act like he didn't respond to your post. What you said was false. Just acknowledge it instead of trying to act like others aren't addressing your point.

And again, the argument about Tua or the Dolphins not being able to beat good defenses has been disproven unless you refuse to consider 2022. There's no reason to ignore 2022 if you want to know if Tua can do something.

danmarino likes this.
  30. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    He's on ignore. If I can't call him what he is without getting banned then I won't respond to him at all.

StaleTacos and cbrad like this.
  31. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.

danmarino likes this.
  32. TheHighExhaulted

Jan 15, 2008
    You called a poster a jack *** yesterday lol. Calm down with the moderator stuff a little bit.

33. RGF

RGF THE FINSTER Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    NY
    I'll say it again "misery loves company " . And, for obvious reasons, he's extremely miserable.

danmarino likes this.
  34. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I learned that in the military. Forgot WHAT it was but I came back to the office…PISSED OFF about something and made the comment to my section chief that was I so pissed off. He shrugged his shoulders and said “that’s your choice”. That was a proverbial slap in the face and a wake up call.

No one angers you…it’s your choice to be angry or any other emotion. I’ve endeavored to avoid that particular poster but I am human and have gotten caught up in the moment.

Bottom line is this…

The Dolphins are 9-3 for the 1st time since 2001.

The Dolphins have had 4 consecutive winning seasons. You have to go all the way back to 1997 to find 4 consecutive winning seasons.

We’re currently the #1 seed in the AFC…granted we have to await the results of the Jaguars Bengals game tonight.

Everyone should be ecstatic about the season. Sure, you can have concerns about this, that or the other but at the end of the day, we should all be on cloud 9 right now.

35. Phin McCool

Phin McCool Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure he can manage to squeeze the last little bit of "Let me see him do it on the moon with no atmosphere and Tyreek bouncing around in slow motion..." out of the tube before we hit the Super Bowl?

danmarino and RGF like this.
  36. cbrad

cbrad .

Dec 21, 2014
    Should probably add one more thing: there are so many "comfortable" wins this season. So much less anxiety about whether the team can overcome stupid mistakes or whether the game will be close: 8 of our 9 wins are by 1 TD or more, and 6 of our 9 wins are by 2 TDs or more.

We may be #2 in points scored and #22 in points allowed (note that defensive ranking is very slowly creeping up!), but we are #4 in point differential. The correlation between point differential and win% is absurdly high over NFL history, at 0.834. So for a VERY important team metric this team is right up there with the best in the NFL.

danmarino and Springveldt like this.
  37. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    That has zero to do with what my post said. What team he is or isn't a fan of doesn't matter.

38. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Actually it's another logical fallacy being employed. Just label him a fan of different team so then nothing he has to say will be given any credence.

39. StaleTacos

Jan 16, 2022
    Where did I say I wasn't happy about how this season is going? Again, this started because I complimented Tyreek and had the gall to not also compliment the greatness of Tua as well. Some of you are far too attached to Tua emotionally.

resnor, dolphin25 and Sceeto like this.
  40. Two Tacos

Two Tacos Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 24, 2007
    It's more that he keeps posting nonsense and engaging in troll stlye arguing, and looking for a reason for that. The nonsense came first. I would never call you a troll or suggest you weren't a Dolphin fan in spite of our Tua disagreements, but put Stale (can we please go with Stale instead of Tacos? Please?) on ignore after a brief back and forth. He is like a much less clever Shouright for the old heads. I never blocked or ignored Shou, or his later iterations, as he was at least an entertaining troll.