1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 12 Dolphins “Did you know?”

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by hugoguzman, Nov 19, 2008.

1. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Muck, Idahophin, keypusher and 11 others like this.
  2. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Some interesting (and inspiring) stats in there, but if I'm not mistaken we're converting 4th downs at an 80% clip (8 for 10). Just wanted to give you a heads up

hugoguzman likes this.
  3. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for spotting that!

4. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Glad to help out :up:

5. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Interesting write up Hugo, thanks. :up:

hugoguzman likes this.
  6. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. Folks have pointed out that the battle in the trenches will be key.

The idea would be avoid giving up big pass plays and trade their field goals for Miami's touchdowns. Also, rattling Cassel would be huge, especially since New England's offensive line has been very porous in terms of pass protection (33 sacks allowed...28th in the league).

late again likes this.
  7. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Does that mean Matt Cassel might become the other white meat?

hugoguzman likes this.
  8. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Hey, good stuff, as usual Hugo...thanks...

In that 2000 season, the D was probably better than todays D, but this offense is more capable (not that they've shown it all the time) than the 2000 offense was...

This will be a fun back half of the season run...Can anyone here actually say they saw this team being in this position at this point of the season ?? No, not truthfully anyways...

hugoguzman likes this.
  9. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Thanks for that hugo...
    Some of those kind of surprised me.
    #2 is kind of sad; not for us of course. But on the other hand, the Chiefs can blame Crazy Carl. Trading Jarod Allen seemed like a dumb move at the time.
    As for Porter....I hope this guy sets a new single season sack record.
    #3 was a surprise. If someone had asked me, I would have named Indy. Oh well, as to our own woes. I can't help but wonder if Sparano drops the axe on our ST coach after the season. Or will he be blindly loyal, much the way Coach Shula was with Olivedotti.

hugoguzman likes this.
  10. hugoguzman

hugoguzman New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing as far as the defense being worse but the offense being much better. I should have made a more tangible mention of that in the article.

11. keypusher

keypusher Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Not in a million years. I just won a bet with a friend that the Dolphins would win at least six games this season. Before the season started I thought my chances of winning were no better than 50-50. But if someone had offered to bet me the Dolphins would have six wins after just ten games...I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

hugoguzman likes this.